ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yokohama S.Drive / Hankook Ventus S1 Evo K107 /or/ Toyo Proxes T1-R

Clio 172
Yokohama S.Drive
Hankook Ventus S1 Evo K107
Toyo Proxes T1-R

Which one would you buy & why?

Cheers.

ps. Please don't reply with 'use the search' or something equally pointless.

Much Love

Dan

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I ran the S Drives on my 172 Cup, thought they were good to be fair. Good wear rates, not too bad a price either :)

Clio 172
I ran the S Drives on my 172 Cup, thought they were good to be fair. Good wear rates, not too bad a price either :)

Cheers mate.
Using Yokohama now. Has anyone else used either of the others?

I do a lot of commuting so looking for something to last as well. I've always wanted Toyos but someone told me they are very soft.

Cheers,

Dan

Clio 172
T1r's for me, they are awesome value for money and a very very good performance tyre imo.

You can get uniroyal Rainsports for the same price and they are a far better tyre. A mate of mine has had s drives on his rx8 and says they are great tyres

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I have S drives on the front of mine (soon to have two on the back aswell). Cant really fault them to be honest, but then again I've not used anythin else on it to compare. I'd like to try the toyos but stick to what ya know blah blah. As for wear, well I think mine have done about 5k so far and theres plenty of tread left. Im not quite sure how long tyres are meant to last lol

225 Cup & Williams
You can get uniroyal Rainsports for the same price and they are a far better tyre. A mate of mine has had s drives on his rx8 and says they are great tyres

Yeah my brother had Rainsports on his 182 and he rated them, Could be my next choice of tyre I think.

Clio 172
Yeah my brother had Rainsports on his 182 and he rated them, Could be my next choice of tyre I think.

Ive got Dunlop SP Sport 9000's all round on mine at the min and they aint bad. Fronts are due to be changed though so Rainsport 2's it is. At £54 from Camskill you cant go wrong

PH1 WANTED
Mine runs 205 at the momment but don't whether to cone down in size or not. What are the advantages?

What is the best size to for though?

I'm wondering this as well, currently running 195's front and 205's rear (on the car when I got it). Search throws up various arguments for and against, price/alloy protection/grip/weight etc... Just curious for when I replace what is preferred and will you notice any differences day to day?

Just recieved 4x Proxies from cam skill this morning :). currently in the boot/back seats awaiting fitting

Ive had proxies before and liked them so why change :p

PH1 WANTED
I'm wondering this as well, currently running 195's front and 205's rear (on the car when I got it). Search throws up various arguments for and against, price/alloy protection/grip/weight etc... Just curious for when I replace what is preferred and will you notice any differences day to day?

I think they may not rub as much on full lock if I go for the smaller size?

Clio Sport 172
a mate of mine runs a part worn tyre yard so he saves any toyo proxies for me and i buy them for £15 each when i need them, they always have nearly new tread on too....