ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

York Raceway 4/7/10 * Pic & Video Heavy *

Hi guys, me and Ste were at York Raceway RWYB today, spotted afew other Clios there, including a Stripped Williams 2 which gave both me and Ste abit of a pasting lol

Ok, 1st are the videos. (1/4 mile times are on the video descriptions)

Clio Sport 182 Vs CRX 1.6 Turbo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23qf5KmNDd4

Clio Sport 182 Vs Stripped Clio Williams 2.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-4bP7lDUto

Racing Blue Clio Sport 182 Vs Ste's Black Clio 182

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzqMlxyhrt4

Clio Sport 182 Vs BMW M5 (E39)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3Zq-WTCTS4

Ste's 182 Vs Stripped Williams Clio 2.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAQ3g6h9D8g

Ste's Clio Sport 182 Vs Tuned Golf GTI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlfkO455WQw

Pictures

DSCN0460.jpg

DSCN0462.jpg

DSCN0466.jpg

DSCN0471.jpg

DSCN0474.jpg

DSCN0475.jpg

DSCN0477.jpg

DSCN0479.jpg

DSCN0481.jpg

DSCN0482.jpg

DSCN0483.jpg

DSCN0484.jpg

DSCN0485.jpg

DSCN0489.jpg

DSCN0491.jpg

DSCN0494.jpg

DSCN0496.jpg

DSCN0497.jpg

DSCN0500.jpg

DSCN0505.jpg

DSCN0506.jpg

DSCN0515.jpg

DSCN0517.jpg

DSCN0518.jpg

DSCN0519.jpg

DSCN0521.jpg

DSCN0524.jpg

DSCN0525.jpg

DSCN0526.jpg

DSCN0527.jpg

DSCN0529.jpg

DSCN0530.jpg

DSCN0531.jpg

DSCN0533.jpg

DSCN0535.jpg

DSCN0547.jpg

DSCN0548.jpg

DSCN0553.jpg

DSCN0554.jpg

...and finally the ugly mush ;)

DSCN0560.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Really want to get to the strip once again once my car is fixed have'nt been to York in years! Maybe a back to the old skool mate before the end of the season?

You break 14s then Matt?

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
4 runs wtf? lol How long were you there for? Most times I've been if you stay till the end you can get 5-6 runs in the last hour or so.

None
Brilliant mate :)
Lol at that golf gti, he was so far ahead of me that he wasn't even in shot :eek:

Shame about that wind though, it's not normally that bad mate, come back with me after i've had the remap in October and it should be better.........no chance of the hayfever then either ;)

Thanks again Matt, i'm just uploading onto youtube now so i'll put mine in here, i just made one compilation video.

None
Ok here is my compilation Video from today, thanks to Luke for coming along and taking the video for me :)

[youtube]_jF8-wfiWKo[/youtube]

16v AX
if its same isssue ricky was having the limiter kicks in earlier if the engines not up to temp which happens alot at the strip cos the cars havent been running long enough before you run

what times was the clio williams running then?

wish id come tbh

oh and matt slowest time the ax has ran is a 15.2 missing 2 gears hehe :p

Nippy white cup
I wouldn't go off the temp reading on the dash as it is the oil temp that makes a difference with the lower limiter iirc. I never had a problem with the earlier limiter...just had the engine running in the queue was good enough tbh

Chris

I wouldn't go off the temp reading on the dash as it is the oil temp that makes a difference with the lower limiter iirc. I never had a problem with the earlier limiter...just had the engine running in the queue was good enough tbh

Chris

Ah right, we we Queuing for a while so I turned the rngine off.

Lesson learned lol :)

'92 172, Lotus Elise

Chris

the ph1 at least goes off the coolant temp

172 cup
Cant view vids but it looks good, gutted I couldnt come but I really couldnt drive I was mashed

None
Are the vids not working?

Yeah matt the vids are working :)

I'm now thinking i should have removed the 15 kilos of bass box in the boot ;)

For anyone looking at this and wanting to come along next time i'll arranging another one in a couple of months after i have had my remap done so make you sure you are on the west yorkshire meets list and i'll send out pm's beforehand again :)

Would be nice to see a few more faces next time ;)

Yeah matt the vids are working :)

I'm now thinking i should have removed the 15 kilos of bass box in the boot ;)

For anyone looking at this and wanting to come along next time i'll arranging another one in a couple of months after i have had my remap done so make you sure you are on the west yorkshire meets list and i'll send out pm's beforehand again :)

Would be nice to see a few more faces next time ;)

This.

It was a really good day, defo recommend it :)

None
Might be right what the guys are saying about temperatures, when we arrived i did my first run within 20 minutes, i just looked at my timing slips, my first run although still piss poor was a 16.3 every other run throughout the day with a cold engine was 16.6 and when i went last year my best time was again my first run of the day with a warm engine was a 15.9 when all the other runs i did that day were mid 16's

Must be something in that, too coincidental it happening twice!

For those who are interested this is the timing slip from when Matt and Me did a run together, Matt is on the left and i'm on the right :)

IMG.gif

Last edited:
  renault clio 1.2 16v
haha i was there yest too but wasnt racin thats my mate in the williams and on the pic theres a twingo (red wheels) ,ka, williams, a 1.6 focus they was with us yest was a top day, u might of seen me in bright orange shades :p seen u by ur clio and ur mrs both very tidy haha :D that jet was awesome singed my eye brows...lol not really but hot

nik

None
haha i was there yest too but wasnt racin thats my mate in the williams and on the pic theres a twingo (red wheels) ,ka, williams, a 1.6 focus they was with us yest was a top day, u might of seen me in bright orange shades :p seen u by ur clio and ur mrs both very tidy haha :D that jet was awesome singed my eye brows...lol not really but hot

nik

Yeah the guy in the williams made me look bad............twice ;)

we weren't sure if you lot were on CS or not :)
and that bloody jet car messed up the filming on my camcorder!

renault clio 1.2 16v
Yeah the guy in the williams made me look bad............twice ;)

we weren't sure if you lot were on CS or not :)
and that bloody jet car messed up the filming on my camcorder!

aye only me on cs, he aint but we all work at ford so was a day out going to begoin again btu ill be racin in the 1.2 :p ye the williams is smart, yet quick altho that 2l redtop turbo corsa did it haha knocked him out :p
what about that wheely fire engine...was beast haha

nik

None
Yeah strange that about your times getting better as the day went on Matt, mine was a clear difference on both occasions now with the first run being much quicker than all the others, almost half a second, i do remember that when we did our runs on sunday my temperature gauge barely reached half way so the oil temp must have been way down, at least that is the only thing i can think of to explain your limiter coming in so early.
Problem being it's always the way at york unless you sit in the car with the engine running for ages before the run is due to come around again.

None
A couple more video's i made up from clips taken at york last sunday :)

[youtube]oIbzJH8fLOk[/youtube]

[youtube]waNGPzS2Ri4[/youtube]

subaru drag car
great edit job mate, just one small thing, pardon my anal attitude but on your american section the first two cars are british, a capri and a s,u and b ford pop gasser lol, enjoyed the day immensly, it was a great day and fantastic to catch up. just you wait til gengar hits the strip;)

None
great edit job mate, just one small thing, pardon my anal attitude but on your american section the first two cars are british, a capri and a s,u and b ford pop gasser lol, enjoyed the day immensly, it was a great day and fantastic to catch up. just you wait til gengar hits the strip;)

Ha ha i knew you would pick up on that, they didn't seem to fit in with the other video so i stuck them in here instead :rasp:

e91 330d/type r mini
let me know when the next meet there is and i will drag my old shed over for a run, i would be interested to see what time it would make