ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

You know when you just have one of those days

You probably know what im talking about, you make plans for your car ( well I do as I haven't passed my test yet and my cars still parked and insured at my mums house )

So, haven't had a day off work for 9 days, make plans for the car which follows

- clean literally everything, car, glass, alloys
- vinyl wrap the silver trim
- put on some after market pedals

I get to my mums, it's bloody cold in Southend start with the vinyl wrap which I got so annoyed about and took my 2 hours to do 3 bit of trim which went okay, but not brilliant. Few rough edges here and there. Picture to follow. So I'm gonna get the girlfriend to have a go as she's very artsy.

I had an opportunity to rev the nuts off of it, I took it. Video to follow, it sounds like a fartbox in the video. But really nice in person, pops and bangs.

It then started to get colder and darker, by 4pm. Bring on summer. So all I achieved was the vinyl wrap which didn't even go as planned. Oh, and the pedals didn't fit. If anyone has a link to some nice blue ones that will fit, let me know.

So I wasted a day on nothing really, it's been on of those days :(

Link of exhaust -

image.jpeg

Bonus round, picture of a K&N sticker
image.jpeg

I don't get to use it enough to be honest otherwise I would. Still on provisional and use it maybe 2 times a month, it is on my list of possible things to do

Take that K&N sticker off, less is more & it's not the 90's anymore.

Hahah you know I was thinking exactly that when I put it on, just thought as it was there may as well see what it looked like

Should have gone full hero like what I did a few weeks ago and polish and wax your car in tescos underground car park.

Lots of light and it's warmer and no rain etc

Haha I'll do just that when I I pass my test, thanks , I've seen you around here before, nice car and project thread buddy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I'd rather use the orange trolley in the video as my main mode of transport tbh. Sorry.

I'd rather use the orange trolley in the video as my main mode of transport tbh. Sorry.
Everyone has their own opinion, thanks for sharing. Not everyone's cup of tea but it is mine :)

Thanks man!

And we've all been there revving a new loud exhaust on the driveway/stationary.

No idea what I was thinking with this car. Guilty as charged...

It's got to be done, ever since I was a kid sitting in the passenger seat with my dad and his collection of cars over the years I just had to mod mine

Should have gone full hero like what I did a few weeks ago and polish and wax your car in tescos underground car park.

Lots of light and it's warmer and no rain etc

Must be a nice place to live in Leeds (isn't it). Here in the west mids, you'd be stoned to death for that

Ouch....

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Keep it clean,enjoy your 1st car.I would save and have a goal for a 172 after a year or two :up:

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks man!

And we've all been there revving a new loud exhaust on the driveway/stationary.

No idea what I was thinking with this car. Guilty as charged...

You ever thought about a career in cinematography br0? Some epic camera work in that vid!!

Dat steering wheel though....

p.s. Did enjoy your reflection. No wonder you clean up on Tinder :hearteyes:

Battery Nonce

ClioSport Club Member
You ever thought about a career in cinematography br0? Some epic camera work in that vid!!

Dat steering wheel though....

p.s. Did enjoy your reflection. No wonder you clean up on Tinder :hearteyes:

Thank you mate, 6 year ago me was so hawtttttt. That's an XS t-shirt from topman hanging off me 😅😅 the whole car was pretty tragic then it turned out okay in the end.

RB 182 FF
Definitely don't waste money on it and save for a 172, best advise by far. Also don't drive like a dick like 99% of us probably have, I know I did.....Learn how to control the car and keep wise, then when you achieve buying a 172 enjoy it!! I span my first car (mazda 323f) and learned a lot from that experience, sorry to sound like a parent but it's worth listening to! Good choice on a first car though, welcome to the Clio fold! :smile::up:

Definitely don't waste money on it and save for a 172, best advise by far. Also don't drive like a dick like 99% of us probably have, I know I did.....Learn how to control the car and keep wise, then when you achieve buying a 172 enjoy it!! I span my first car (mazda 323f) and learned a lot from that experience, sorry to sound like a parent but it's worth listening to! Good choice on a first car though, welcome to the Clio fold! :smile::up:

Had the clio for 6 months, driven it more then I've had driving lessons. And yes everyone has said save your money which I am doing ;)

I don't mind little mods, exhaust was a must though at £79. K&N was free and the other bits were only a few quid here and there

Will be interesting getting a 172 in a year or so, and I only blast it in first gear and don't drive like a mug haha :D

They looked s**t tbh.

Don't let people tell you not to spend money on it. I've turned a dull car into something I love and it's my pride and joy. Aside from the fact I won't be getting a 1*2 any time soon I wanted to improve it. I like the clean 172 look so I went for it!
Sorry I've always wondered what 1*2 means :D I

Enjoy it. Its your car, not ours :smile:
Thank you buddy :)

Is anyone here from Southend by any chance? Can't seem to be to find anyone local

RB 182 FF
It sounds like you're sensible, more sensible than I was!! I agree some mods need doing on any car :up: I wish I spent more on tyres on my first car, they were down to the canvas when I span it! Idiot..!!! From what I've heard about insurance for youngsters your premium will cost as much as a 172 I expect! This is the 1 and only positive about being old!!! :weary:

It sounds like you're sensible, more sensible than I was!! I agree some mods need doing on any car :up: I wish I spent more on tyres on my first car, they were down to the canvas when I span it! Idiot..!!! From what I've heard about insurance for youngsters your premium will cost as much as a 172 I expect! This is the 1 and only positive about being old!!! :weary:

I currently pay £35 on provisional a month being 21 with 0 years no claims obviously. It'd be £1250 with a black box on fully comp. and a 172 would be over £2500 easy I've checked before haha so

1*2 is an easy way to say 172/182
Haha thanks!

RB 182 FF
I'd cry giving that much to an insurer...... most I've ever paid is 650quid a year on an alfa GTV V6.... but it was worth it for that sound!!! :tongueout:

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Lol new driver and a 172, what could possibly go wrong??

When (not if) you smash that car up your next insurance premium will be so high you won't be able to insure a POS 1 litre.

Lol new driver and a 172, what could possibly go wrong??

When (not if) you smash that car up your next insurance premium will be so high you won't be able to insure a POS 1 litre.

It's not like I'm 17 haha I'll be 22/23 when I'll get my 172. Plenty of time to learn and get experience

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Does Pass Plus do much anymore? Think it got me 20% off with Tesco (10 years ago lol).