ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

young driver insurance

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
a lot mate, i got a quote for 18 with 2NCB for £3.5k!

good luck!

BMW M5 & E36
I put a quote into elephant out of interest the other day, 18 with 12 months driving experience and zero NCB. Mum on as a named driver too.

Came to £2600 i think. Ph1 172 if that makes a difference.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Don't bother, you'll only look back going why the hell did i spend over 2k on nothing.

EK4 SIR CIVIC 185 BHP
im 18 and after a 172, anyone have ideas of how much i will be paying insurance?

Im in london and my area isnt the best so its 9000 fully comp or 4k third party with 0 no claims and i was 17

now im 18 and I tried the same details it dropped like 500 pounds!

named driver is about 2.5k third party 3.5k fully comp over 25 years old main driver, let me know how it goes m8

BMW M4; S1000 RR
im 18 and after a 172, anyone have ideas of how much i will be paying insurance?

Im in london and my area isnt the best so its 9000 fully comp or 4k third party with 0 no claims and i was 17

now im 18 and I tried the same details it dropped like 500 pounds!

named driver is about 2.5k third party 3.5k fully comp over 25 years old main driver, let me know how it goes m8

OMG!!

EK4 SIR CIVIC 185 BHP
:lolup: lol when I was on the phone and the woman was quoting me the 4k third party no claims my own policy the woman on the other line was actually thinking I was gonna go through with this lol

If your interested i took third party fire and theft named driver for 2300
My brother has 1 years no claims and is over 25 years old he is the main driver

Not to worry cause next year with 2 years no claims bonus its gonna drop to 1600 fully comp and the year after is 900 fully comp expensive but better then nothing man i love this car

BUT YOU DONT GET WINDSCREEN COVER and some hater at college cracked my wind screen and I have to cough up 350 to change it with RAC windscreens because of the rain and heat sensors!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
mines only £907 fully comp at 21, with 0NCB so just wait abit.

Milltek'd 182
Bell.co.uk , do a quote and add two old names drivers to your quote and watch a few hundred come off the price! otherwise go to the insurance sticky and phone/go online to every company on there!

Black 172
I'm 20 with no points and 0NCB, paying £1,400 with Elephant Fully Comp. Cheapest by a mile.
I've got 1 Years NCB on a bike though but that doesn't count :mad:
If I can handle an R6 without getting points of crashing, I can handle a Clio for crying out loud!

Damn practicalities of cars...

182 Cup Inferno
mine is 1100 with 1 yrs no claims, fully comp, some companies were charging 3000. my 1.2 clio was 900 with 1 yrs no claims! (im 21, no points, as yet!)

'03 172, now a 2004 CTR
I'm 20 with no points and 0NCB, paying £1,400 with Elephant Fully Comp. Cheapest by a mile.

Damn practicalities of cars...

Pretty much the same as me matey, though i have 2 yrs no claims.

Elephant do seem to be rather reasonable.

TeZ

Non RS : (
18, oxfordshire, £700 with 2 years motorcycle no claims for a 2001 clio 1.416v good or bad??? thats wat im paying with directline under my own name :)

Black 172
It shouldn't matter how many years NCB you have on a bike, you shouldn't be able to transfer it to a car unfortunately.