ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

young sport drivers

hydeyho said:
I'm 22 with 1 year ncb, I haven't insured for a year yet (paid extra ontop of existing cover to swap from a 1.2 to 182) and am paying £239 for 4.5 months which works out to approx £640 a year. I got a few quotes for when I turn 23 and have an extra years ncb and was getting quotes as low as £300 from http://www.moneysupermarket.com.

That £640 a year is presumely plus you existing policy you swapped from?

I'm 21, live in Cumbria 0 no claims, so first year on my own policy, no points etc, paid £840 :D Air filter declared;)

I would personally never even dream about paying over 1k on insurance let alone 2k!! Your all daft, wait till your 21, the first major step in insurance coming down. I did, it was hard ( I cheated bought a 106 gti at 20 as i got impatient only cost £340 in someone elses name but soon got rid) and in the end it's worth it.

Take your 2k stick it in an isa for 2 years, then when the time comes, spend that little extra on a better example. It may seem hard now but it's definately worth it!!

Neil G said:
...I just remember all the s**tboxes I had to drive before I could move up to anything remotely decent lol

2x 1979 minis an ancient 106 amongst other s**t cars!! the mini clubby was a belter though!!

We all know it feels though, you always want faster etc, especially when your younger, you go through silly fazes like some q's we get on here "can i put a 2l engine in my 1991 clio etc etc" But at the end of the day it pays off to be patient and not get sucked in and ripped off

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
so far ive had a 205 GRD 5 DR ( written off ), 205 Style (still got) and my 1.2 clio, just want something with a bit more guts in it

Have you consider getting something like a mk1 or mk2 PH1 RSi? Or if you want newer a mk2 ph2 1.6 16v? Talking around the around 110/120bhp with those and 0-60 in a lil under 10seconds! Feels so much quicker than 1.2's, but doesnt have the 2.0 insurance pprice tag!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
nah i think ill hang out to get the 172/182, spent a small fortune on mine and id only sell it to get the sport

182 RB FF
I paid £1500 for my 1.2 16v clio, first year stating out on my own mind, it then went down to £800, Just got my 182 and like i said it £1077, which personnally is alot lot less than i expected.

Most people don't have a choice but to pay over a £1000 pound for car insurance its why you get so many dicks on the road driving without. i even considerd buying a s**t heap i think it was an E reg micra 1.0 last year, getting insured on it and just leaving it in my uncles field to rot and in the meantime drive under my mums name just to build up my no claims. But i couldn't get insurance on that for under £800.

al

ST on the way...
Neil G said:
Paying over a grand for a 172/182 insurance is completely daft.
Was gonna say that!!

Currently paying £490 for my 1.6 (group 8) 23yo, 3yrs no claims.

Won't get a 172/182 till insurance is gonna be 600 or less............which should be next year according to the quotes i've got :)

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I paid £1700 my first year of driving on my 1.2 (Was 21, London postcode). Second year has dropped to £900. Getting quotes for next year for a 172/172 Cup and its looking like I'll pay around the £950 mark (23, 2yrs NCB)

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Just had a quote from bell and it was £2009. 20yrs, 0NCB & 197 grp 15.

The Beast MK4
Been getting a few quotes as I want to upgrade at the start of next year. Its amazing how much it comes down when you put a parent as a named driver on your policy!

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
i'll insure you for £2k but if you crash I want your kidneys, lol

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
seriously though, young driver with a bit of ncb.... i'd say direct line would be a good bet

RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup
Im 22 no ncb coz I raped me 172 into a lamp post at 120 and lost me 3 years ncb and pay £2,000 have pictures ov it and am very lookey to be alive! I sould post them!

RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup
I only had 3 years ncb as I started on me dads insurance and you can carry it forward! that was wen i had me 1.2 corsa

justinRT said:
i'm 19, 0NCD, crash on file, mum and dad named drivers, £1300 with elephant!

WHAT??? Ok I'm older, got more no claims, had my sister in law added as a named driver, 1 accident in my name, good postcode (risk B, second from lowest risk!), parked on the drive etc, and my quote from elephant was £2100!!!!

not sure what risk my post code is mate, but admiral quoted me £1800 aswell, though elephant was a good £500 cheaper!

Fiesta ST/172
Im 21
1yrs ncb
£640
risk area = E

oh the joys of being a girl
my bf has 2yrs ncb and 21 and they wanted over 1k haha

thank you direct line hehe

I've decided, insurance isnt based on risk, they just pull a numebr out of a hat and thats it your stuck with it!

20, 2 yrs no claims, 1750 with bell
21, 3years no claims, 800 with bell/admiral

i need to fish around in the next couple of days. a plan never bothered getting back to me the c***s.

Impreza STI v5
Am sorry but there is no way i would pay over a grand to insure a car some of you guys must be loaded or off your head to pay some of the prices i have seen on this thread, am 27 with 9years ncd and grudge paying the robbing C**ts 460 quid a year no wonder young drivers drive around with no insurance cheeper paying the fine than getting insured

Jays172 said:
girls piss me off

Her quote really takes the piss. Even without my accident I'm the same age, a years more ncb a lower risk postcode and STILL my quotes 3 times higher than hers!!

Clio 172 mk2
al said:
Was gonna say that!!

Currently paying £490 for my 1.6 (group 8) 23yo, 3yrs no claims.

Won't get a 172/182 till insurance is gonna be 600 or less............which should be next year according to the quotes i've got :)

That's pretty sensible

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
where's the fun in that

172 - 1100£
Williams - 478£
£200+ in tax for both
£80 in MOT
So in total i'm payin 1800£ beans before i've even driven my toys. lol

Octavia VRS
I just got a quote from Elephant for me and the missus fully comp on a 172. £560 with 1 years ncb, not bad I thought although I'm getting on a bit at 25