ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Youngest V6 owner????

RB 182
I just got a quote on a Mk2, with immobiliser and tracker and it was £1415, not bad seeing as im a mechanic which is classed as high risk, and my mums a deputy head which is also high risk

Yaris Hybrid
Why is deputy head high risk?

Or mechanic for that matter?!? I mean a mechanic is surely safer than some of the stupid women in my office that only have their tyre pressures checked once a year at the annual service...

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Just out of curiosity, as I have no desire to own one, I asked for a quote on a V6. With my existing Insurer NU.

With my driving life NCB and no points licence, fully comp with no excess, Wife & I only driving. £441.33

They quoted me £510.69 for the same deal if I added my Son (22) and my Daughter (25)

That’s more than I pay on my Porsche, and I was told that reflects the cost of spares and the fact that young drivers crash these frequently, mmmm

Exige S1 + Honda S1
its because there is a lot less of them than porsches, genuine panels from bodyshops are at least 1250 unpainted

and yes they are easy to crash lol

Milltek'd 182
mine was £2000 on my 182 n im 20 (19 when i bought it). if ur going on bell mate, add a few named drivers...old ones! i put my mum and uncle on it and it went down by about £200 ;)

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
mine was £2000 on my 182 n im 20 (19 when i bought it). if ur going on bell mate, add a few named drivers...old ones! i put my mum and uncle on it and it went down by about £200 ;)

Thats strange that, My Son also got a reduction on his 172 policy by adding me as another driver, again NU.

Do they think that someone older on the policy reduces the risk ?

Handy though when I fancy a squirt in a front wheel drive hot-hatch.
I love driving his Clio, takes me back to the days of my Mini Cooper "S" (first time round) :approve:

Milltek'd 182
yea id assume so. the more old people they 'think' are driving the car the better i suppose! not that il ever let my mum or uncle in it....;) haha