ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Youngstig's K4M project

K4M ph2
Hi guys,

Been a full member quite a while now, been a reader not a writer, thought it was about time i started myself a little project thread, mainly for inspiration on which direction to go with my new K4M, but also as a little personal diary of how its progressing. Being a 19yo student it wont be the fastest progression thread youve ever seen but all ideas and comments are welcome.

Over the last 2 years ive been driving around a ph1 1.2 8v slowmobile, nevertheless it served me well and i was quite sad to let it go (tonight actually).

cliopics001.jpg

Never did like the alloys but they were a freebee and i sort of lost heart in spending any unnecessary money on it, it was lowered 60mm, sportex exhaust, angel eye optics (acquired taste but again i got them cheap but tbh i do secretly prefer them to the dual optics, especially on the black) full blue dash conversion and a couple of other bits.

Before long like a typical yobbo teenager i craved a little more power, so i began to look for a tidy 1.6 ph2, bingo! i found one, only trouble was it took us an 8 hour round trip to collect it ( south coast to sheffield ) with 1 owner from brand new, full service history and only 49000 on the clock i managed to bargain the guy down to 1550 from 1900, result!,

cliopics008.jpg

Plans for it so far include:

Slam it on coilovers ( on a budget need reccomendations )

New alloys, ( thinking 1.2s but still unsure )

rs grille

zorst mounted into bumper with cabon surround ( again on a budget, reccomendations whether new or second hand)

silver visions

clear side repeaters

colour code all bumpstrips and spoiler

Im after some good ideas and inspiration, would love to hear what you guys would do :)

Cheers, Keiran.

Attachments

• cliopics001.jpg
    cliopics001.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 42
  K4M ph2
Nice mate, whats the specs on that? not to keen on the exhaust mind, im looking for something along the lines of the k-tec recessed system set inside the bumper, quite like the subtle 2" look, engine bay looks sweet, what paint did you use to spray the engine cover?? looks tidy

K4M ph2
bit of an update.

Coilovers are on! fitted these myself last week, going to get everything laser aligned once im settled on the height i want, deffinately feels better allready through corners, no longer feels like its going to fall over.

Fitted silvervisions allround, some black side repeaters, plus i carbon wrapped the wing mirror covers along with a few interior bits like dash strips, hazard panel, gear knob insert etc also did my engine cover which has come out better than i 1st expected. ive also corrected my headlights with various grades of sand paper, scratch x and a dead arm. also got my clio sport sticker in the back window.

Audio wise, i picked up an Alpine cde-113bt from my local halfords, ex display model not a mark on it, got it for a steal. also fitted the stalk control adapter from MT audio on here which is spot on, fitted my kenwood sub and amp from my old car, nothing too big just a nice bit of bass.

lastly i treated it to a wash, clay, polish and a wax.

and this is how it sits at the moment (will upload more pics when i get round to taking them)

IMG_1964.jpg

IMG_1972.jpg

IMG_1974.jpg

still to do list includes:

rs grille

colour coding

new wheels ( thinking cades eros stealths)

and whatever else i think of.

BG 182
Looks good mate. As well as the RS grille and colour coding, I would go for some 5 spoke 16" 172 alloys (similar to the ones you've got already) and a Skoda splitter. Personal opinion of course ;)

K4M ph2
thinking of staying with 15s for cheap tyre prices, would rather get a decent set of tyres for the 15s than budgets in 16s as thats all id be able to afford in them.