ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your 1/4 mile times (Proven)

Clio 172 cup
model Clio Williams 2
Year. 1995
Mods. Hillpower chip, s/s exhaust decat, stripped
1/4 mile 14.3 secs
Mph. 96.2 mph

172 ph1
A question for you guys that go to the dragstrip: how do you launch a Clio 172 properly? When I try to accelerate fast, I often get wheelhop in 1st gear :S

Heres mine!

QuarterMile.jpg

That was when I owned Mk1 16v engined 1.4 MaximS. All it had on it was a decat and magnex catback! And the only bit of interior i had in it was one 7kg bucket seat, everything else had been removed (cards, dash, seats, sound deadening etc etc)

Ph1
A question for you guys that go to the dragstrip: how do you launch a Clio 172 properly? When I try to accelerate fast, I often get wheelhop in 1st gear :S

Only ever done Crail raceway but i find a more ''normal'' start, not reving the tits off and dumping the clutch usually gives the edge off the line and the better times.

Spinning the wheels costs time but its getting the balance between spin and bogging down thats the key.

williams and trophy
14.0 with cams/remap. 14.4 with cams on std ecu. 14.6 with zorst mods only. all with rear seats n spare wheel out....and de-cat n cat back 15.0 std with all trim inc the 2x babyseats, pram in boot etc

0-60. 7.01 std with full trim
0-60 with cams map n zorst mods, minus rear seats 5.63

Golf R/Leon FR
Model: Ph1 172
Year: 2000
Mods: magnex cat back, ITG panel filter, devil decat.
Reaction Time: didnt say
1/4 mile Time: 15.0
MPH: 99mph i think

was at FCS 05

172 phII

Depending on surface. If it gives a good level of grip start on not more then 3k rpm ( road tires )

If u have slicks go from 4k rpm.

Dont press the clutch all the way to the end. Every bit help.
In general - practice makes perfect! :)

Something like this ( winter tires with +3 C outside temp)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A9HJlz-HQM&feature=channel_page

NEED V6!
Model: Clio 182ff (stolen from me Arrgghhh):mad:
Year: 2005
Mods: yozza zorst, maxogen, ecu remap, sck cams
Reaction Time: -
1/4 mile Time: 14.272
MPH: 99.58 whoopps

Car was running at 205.2bhp at the time, I miss my first 182ff:cool::cry:

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
garage.php

Clio 16v , Stnd Willy btm end, megane head with work, mild cams, ITB's, Exhaust, Stripped, road tyres, no nos .

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Depending on surface. If it gives a good level of grip start on not more then 3k rpm ( road tires )

If u have slicks go from 4k rpm.

Dont press the clutch all the way to the end. Every bit help.
In general - practice makes perfect! :)

Something like this ( winter tires with +3 C outside temp)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A9HJlz-HQM&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq9VjqgH6Co

2.21 60ft so not amazing but still looks pretty nippy.... balance the car at 2.5k ish ...drop the clutch and then once ur in stage raise the clutch very slowly until you are holding the car on the biting point...whent the lights turn ease up the clutch gradually whilst going the other way with the throttle...once the revs match ur speed floor it lol

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
Model: clio rsi 1.6 16v
Year: 2000
Mods: janspeed catback system induction kit
Reaction Time: 0.655
1/4 mile Time: 16.04
MPH: 86.2

in my nova fast road / track car 13-14 sec proven depending on spec

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
will post slip later.
My time was 14.3
Bbpt map 250bhp.
Road tyres.
Terminal 104mph
Hoping to do better sometime this year!!!!!
More boost and rwd