ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your car when you was 19

'03 172, now a 2004 CTR
I had this:

09-2.jpg

1999 206 GTi 2.0 16v

Mondeo TDCI 130
This, and i loved the little bugga, when i sold it, the idiot put a phase 2 front end on it and ruined it! flame popping minter! (working full time) :

000_0290.jpg

000_0292.jpg

Clio 1.4 16v Billabong
This

astra1.jpg

and then this when 19. Working 35-40 hours a week and at Uni doing my degree.

35GOODWOOD-SIDE.jpg

Christ Rich, have you ever owned a dirty car.

I had a metro GTa 1.4 8v which was quite quick. I dont think I have any photo's of it but needless to say i used to drive it down country lanes in all weather and wash it about once a year, the only clean part was the plates, lights and swept area of the windscreen...

Does anyone else checks on the Licencing site every now and then to see if your old cars are still on the road????

What site is this?? How do you do it?

Clio 1.4 16v Billabong
Oh i am 19 now (20 very soon) an I have a 1.4 16v billabong :(

An i dont think i will get anything better till i finish my apprentership in 2 years!!

:cry:

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
It was a long time ago, but mine was a T reg mini cooper, stripped with a MG 1.3 turbo lump in.

Needless to say it lasted 3 months

FF cupped Arctic 182
When i passed my test - exactly 1 month after i turned 19, i bought a white vauxhall nova, it had a bit of an sri bodykit going on, but yet no alloys and then some git nicked my wheel trims. :eek:

I kept the car less than a year and then bought a 5 year old clio 1.4 champs elysees which i kept for 7 years and sold it to buy my current 182 :D

My old clio was a brill little car, and i sold her to my hubbys best mate for the bargain price of £300 :(

106 GTi
This

astra1.jpg

and then this when 19. Working 35-40 hours a week and at Uni doing my degree.

35GOODWOOD-SIDE.jpg

Christ Rich, have you ever owned a dirty car.

I had a metro GTa 1.4 8v which was quite quick. I dont think I have any photo's of it but needless to say i used to drive it down country lanes in all weather and wash it about once a year, the only clean part was the plates, lights and swept area of the windscreen...

Does anyone else checks on the Licencing site every now and then to see if your old cars are still on the road????

I don't do dirty cars - well apart from my daily hack of a 306!

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
My Pride and Joy from my 1st 4 years of driving when i was at college :D

Renault5GTSPanache12.gif

Renault5GTSPanache10.gif

Renault 5 GTS 1.4 Panache, with an amazing 72bhp ;)

TeZ

Non RS : (
im 19 now, 1.416v Clio,

WTF how did subway afford that and insure that?? please i wnna no

williams and trophy
19. id have been in a 1972 mini 1000.

altho it was caged, adjusta ride/spax/solid mounted on the susp, buckets, full webasto, deseemed (for the extra 3-4mph top speed ;) ) had a multitude of engines in it, 1275 's', 1340, 1430, 1293. never did the mg tub in that one.
flip fronted, all the cibies, even one on the boot as a reverse light/blinding rear bumper hoggers ;)

was a rite toy that one. had it a few years in various guises.

never had a car on finance.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
At 18/19 i had -

My Golf GTi
2005_0611Image0063.gif

And my 185bhp hybrid...:D

clo8.gif

tom089.gif

ebay165.gif

Valver7.gif

DSCF3282.gif

Sorry i still have a obsession with pics of it....lol

Leon Cupra R 225
Working full time, nothing else - bar a degree in getting drunk every Saturday it would seem..

At 19 had this 1.2 16v mk2 -

P4190007.jpg

Now at 20, I have a 54 plate LCR, 225bhp but I'm hoping to have it mapped to 265/270 ish early next year :)

DSC00225.jpg

Once she's cleaned right up properly, waxed an all, will do a photo shoot me thinks.

E90
Ahhhh I remember the old school days, Not like the yoof of today, Back in the day it was xr2, uno turbo, R5's, gte astras , if you had a hairy chest you had an xr4 or a 3 door cossie. I miss those days, plus nearly everyone also had a de restricted 125, or an AR50 bored out to 80cc, for chip shop grandprixs

Titanium 182 FF
Working full time, nothing else - bar a degree in getting drunk every Saturday it would seem..

At 19 had this 1.2 16v mk2 -

P4190007.jpg

Now at 20, I have a 54 plate LCR, 225bhp but I'm hoping to have it mapped to 265/270 ish early next year :)

DSC00225.jpg

Once she's cleaned right up properly, waxed an all, will do a photo shoot me thinks.

how much is insurance on LCR? and did you buy it straight up or finance?

Leon Cupra R 225

DSC00225.jpg

how much is insurance on LCR? and did you buy it straight up or finance?

£1300 fully comp. 2 additional drivers down on the policy mind. But they don't have any spare keys ;)

Just under £3k to pay on finance, nothing too much to handle. It's worth it believe me, glad I didn't buy a Clio again! German interior build is where it's at I'm afraid now

Leon Cupra R 225
guessing you got 3 years no claims?

yup. I did passplus too, but that only counts towards your 1st car you insure I believe?! Correct me if I'm wrong someone. But that's what it's got on my policy anyhow. Try online quotes at Bell.co.uk - really good results.

Couldn't do uni, was too impatient to get a decent car. I'd rather compromise on house size to have nicer cars tbh, that's just me :)

P

Paul Common 666

A fiat punto 1.2.... until I hit a patch of diesel on a corner doing about 40mph, then I found out it was actually as strong as a baked bean tin! :eek: