ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your Ideal Bag

Not actual bag, but the kit within.

Body and 4 lenses. What would you have?

I don't really understand about full frame :eek: and the big pro bodies so I think I'd go with..

Nikon D90

Sigma 10-20mm
Nikon 50mm
Sigma 50-150mm
Something longer. No idea what though.

D90 is coming before Crimbo and then Sigma 50-150mm will probably be next year at some point. So I have 2 from 5 currently! lol..

It's A Reno
Not actual bag, but the kit within.

Body and 4 lenses. What would you have?

I don't really understand about full frame :eek: and the big pro bodies so I think I'd go with..

Nikon D90

Sigma 10-20mm
Nikon 50mm
Sigma 50-150mm
Something longer. No idea what though.

D90 is coming before Crimbo and then Sigma 50-150mm will probably be next year at some point. So I have 2 from 5 currently! lol..

Have you been fondling D90s aswell?

Cupra
Are you paying?

Canon 5DII (or Canon 1DIII if I was greedy)
Canon 24-70 f2.8L
Canon 50mm f1.2L
Canon 135 f2L
Canon 100-400

Or a Nikon D700 with the equivalents.

Oil Burner
Canon of course:

1d mk iii

24-70 f2.8

70-200 IS f2.8

300 f2.8 IS

500 f4

1.4x TC (Do these count as lenses?)

2 x TC

(bag full of flashes and charge packs)

I can only wish....

Cupra
Nice list! Or wait for the 1DmkIV as that should blow all other cameras out of the water if the 7D is anything to go by.

10-22? It would need to be the 16-35 on those bodies.

Ian

Focus TDCi
I'd go with Andy and Nick on this, although to be honest - if I'm paying that much for my equipment I'd probably have 4 zooms and 4 primes and a second body lol. Basically one of the better #D cameras and 4 L lenses covering from ~16mm to 4-500mm.

Cupra
See this is what I don't understand :eek:

Also, why does aperture jump in strange parts? f1.8 - f2 but then when you get up further it jumps in .6, .7 etc..

Full frame sensors pictures look like this with crop lenses on them:

12mm
3945215053_576df1b274.jpg

The lenses are only designed to deliver light to a certain focal point on the sensor, this varies with the size of the APS (Crop) and Full Frame bodies. The bonus is that a 24mm lens on a FF body is the equivalent of a 15mm on a crop.

Lenses F stops go up as you zoom as a lot of lenses are designed in such a way that the effective aperture becomes smaller as the barrel changes shape to zoom.

Its all witchcraft to me in all honesty. :D

Oil Burner
Nice list! Or wait for the 1DmkIV as that should blow all other cameras out of the water if the 7D is anything to go by.

10-22? It would need to be the 16-35 on those bodies.

I thought this lens would be fine with a 1.3x sensor?

It did cross my mind, but its such an awesome lens it had to be on the list.

Also i realised i had got carried away with the lenses, so removed the 10-22 in favour of the 24-70 which should be pretty wide angle on a 1.3 sensor.

The 1d mkIV should be very interesting. Albeit i think the idea of having the 1.6x sensor on the 7d means im more likely to go for one of those eventually instead of a 1d whatever.

Fiat Panda 100hp
10-22 Will work fine on a cropped body.

UWA on a FF is normally 14mm.

Mine..
D3
85mm 1.4
35mm 2.0
70-200 2.8
SB 900 Flash.

Nimbus 197
D700
Nikon 24-70mm f2.8
Nikon SB900

Realistically, I aim to own the above some day. In the process of buying a SB900 already =)

Cupra
I thought this lens would be fine with a 1.3x sensor?

It did cross my mind, but its such an awesome lens it had to be on the list.

Also i realised i had got carried away with the lenses, so removed the 10-22 in favour of the 24-70 which should be pretty wide angle on a 1.3 sensor.

The 1d mkIV should be very interesting. Albeit i think the idea of having the 1.6x sensor on the 7d means im more likely to go for one of those eventually instead of a 1d whatever.

Nope, apparently the 10-22 catches the mirror on both the 1D cameras as it is EF-S mount and they both only take EF officially. 16-35 is the UWA to own for FF/1.3x, or the sigma 12-24.