ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your opinion please

black 182 both cup packs
Hi guys, i hope this is the right place but im still relatively new to the forum and clios in general.

So im after a clio sport and theres this 182 with both cup packs thats done 71000 miles and has about 10 months MOT. Ive all but set my heart on it and im planning on fetching it at the weekend. The only thing that puts me off is its 2 an a half hours away. Its up for £4000 but ive spoke to the guy and i reckon i could knock him down a bit with a handfull of cash, so......question is IS IT WORTH IT?

Any advice much appreciated, thanks.

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
DEFFO worth it mate, sounds like a good price tbh, what age is it? I drove 3 hours to pick up my 172 and I would have travelled DOUBLE that! Only thing i will say is just make sure its got FSH and has had its cam/aux belts done at the right time - but as a simple answer - ITS DEFFO WORTH IT BUD!
What colour is it btw?

black 182 both cup packs
Oh good, thanks mate. Its a black 04. The guy says the service history is all there and i asked about the cambelt as i have heard the 04's are about due a change and he said he was 90% sure it was done but couldnt say for sure without checking. But ive gotta ring him again friday to arrange going down so ill find out for sure.

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
if the cam/aux has been done then bite his hand off! i paid 4k for my 172! it did only have 40k on the clock mind u on an 04 plate

Iceberg 172
That's a fair price if it hasn't had the belts done TBH. But it's cheap due to mileage and colour. Mileage wouldn't worry me though. It's all about the condition of it and the maintenance it's had.

My only issue would be the fact that "he's not sure". He either knows f**k all about cars, has endless amounts of cash and a £500 bill from Renault is loose change or he's only had it for a short period of time... In which case why?

I like to interogate sellers to really know if they're genuine. I'm in Recruitment so I think I'm normally quite untrusting of the human race!

None
Hello mate, i would say it's well worth it, i paid £6500 for mine this time last year, mine has half your mileage but yours is still worth that money, they seem to have dropped a lot in price over the last year.

black 182 both cup packs
Right im back lol.
Thanks for all the replys.
SteveS_cup you make some good points, like i say ive got to call him on fri to arrange going down so ill interigate him a bit. Are the black ones not so sought after then?
Mobster, hmmm, who are you? lol

Stagecoach Ticket
Black is one of the best colours imo

Liquid Yellow is very rare and expensive
Renault Blue is similar to Liquid yellow yet a little cheaper

Inferno is liked by some but i think it sucks balls

Leaves you with boring silver
or common blue

so black is a pretty safe bet bud

black 182 both cup packs
Yeah my first choice was always black. Just googled the others, the yellow and blue are a bit garish for me, the inferno does indeed suck balls it just doesnt look right on a clio, and i would never buy a silver car.

Stagecoach Ticket
Liquid yellow looks alot better in the flesh!

So its black and gold or metalic blue then for you buddo!

You will proberly get the inferno boys in here in a min defending there ball sucking baked beans

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Hi guys, i hope this is the right place but im still relatively new to the forum and clios in general.

So im after a clio sport and theres this 182 with both cup packs thats done 71000 miles and has about 10 months MOT. Ive all but set my heart on it and im planning on fetching it at the weekend. The only thing that puts me off is its 2 an a half hours away. Its up for £4000 but ive spoke to the guy and i reckon i could knock him down a bit with a handfull of cash, so......question is IS IT WORTH IT?

Any advice much appreciated, thanks.

If he doesnt know the belts are done they wont be.... 99% sure....

S

black 182 both cup packs
Nice one. Anyone know exactly whats involved? I.e what needs removing to get to the belts? Iv never really looked under the bonnet of one of theese. I take it its not engine out job? Just wondered as could prob do it myself if its just a case of getting the cam timing right and not too much dicking around. ( i am an engineer not just a guy with a halfords socket set)

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Cup packed 182's come with AC so the Aux belt wil need changing. Belts are located to the left of the block (as you look at it) and quite a bit needs to be shifted to get to them - bumper, arch liners, head, etc. Good 6 hour job for an experienced mechanic.