ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your views on this?

Well, what to do... In my garage resides a 96 Clio 1.4 RT Auto.
White 5 door
Factory standard
16000 miles
Just had full new belts etc
It works, everything works and it's a well documented car.
When I say it's mint I really am not kidding.
So what would you do with it and why?

Too many doors, wrong engine, wrong gearbox.

It just isnt desirable.

A collector probably wouldn't be interested, and a new driver wouldn't want to pay much at all for it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Sell it. It's probably (apart from a 3 door 1.6 Rxe mk2 ph1 Clio automatic) the least desirable clio going.

Somebody would love it though, so stick it up for £1,999 and see what happens.

image.jpg

Clio 1.4, Astra 1.4
I'm no expert but you could try flogging it to a tv/film company for period cars, if they were filming late 90s it'd fit right in...just a thought :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If it was me, and I had somewhere to keep it, I'd do just that. Keep it. And keep it absolutely mint.
Bit of sentimental value, something different to drive to a country pub on a hot summers day, and something a bit different.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Even tho its not a minted Ph1 16Valver or a V6 i would still have that covered up and hidden away in a garage.

A mid 80's base model 205 isn't worth squat today 30 years on, so if you live on a suburban estate with limited garage space, I wouldn't be storing that for a decade the hope it will be worth a ridiculous amount.

Granted the mileage will still be low as I gather you don't intend on using it, but I just can't see a market for it in years to come.

Sell now as a useable, low mileage car with a ticket.

All IMO of course!

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
It's worth peanuts now, it'll be worth a few less peanuts in ten years time and in 20 years time it probably won't even be worth the bag the peanuts were in.

Garage space is no issue, having owned most hot hatches of the 80s and early 90s along wth dozens of bkes I generally get my kicks out of the Caterham stable now. That aside this little car is in such cracking condition it kinda makes me chuckle. I'll drop it into 'P' and put away

Imo it aint worth f**k all. its an old clio in good condition and low mileage! Or am i missing something. Just sell it before it costs you far more than it's worth.