ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

YS03 GGK anyone recognise?

clio 172
Hello one and all,

I recently bought this turkey, with the owner at the time saying it was superb, everything was done and needed nothing - and I believed him
it has just come back from Ktec in Blandford needing only a look over and popping next door for its MOT, having already shelled out for a complete set of tyres, full exhaust system and lifting the ride height to where it was scraping the floor
the MOT and parts have just cost me 1400 quid - broken springs, the whole steering was shot, the knock sensor had been broken off, dogpoo exhaust which at the time I was told was for my p2 172 ( cheers Bathwick tyres in Yeovil it was actually for a Dci) and explains why the thing choked and wouldn't accelerate very well
todays lesson I have learnt the hard way is only use someone worthwhile, having taken the back roads home with the stealth exhaust waking up the even the dead badgers at full tilt the car has been transformed into what I thought it should have been like and not some tired old farty car which had to be faced down hill with everyone peddling to get any sort of action out of it
I am not a youngster and thought a little bit of trust in people was the done thing but it seems others would flog their grans last breath if they could - but I do get a nice toy which given a few more pound notes should see me through a year or two