ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ze Germans...

RIP Dan
Went in a German tunnel on Sunday. Not for long and didnt have a chance to take many shots.

This tunnel is named HO 5 (HO standing for Hohlgangsanlage, or cave complex in German).

The sign is on a door to a room which monitors all the UK earthquakes.

This is one of the safer tunnels which is in daily use by our Public Services (Council) works dept.

There are lots more which i have been in as a kid but not recently. They are not that safe, but i will try again when i am fitter.

Here we go..

IMG_7395.jpg

IMG_7397.jpg

IMG_7396.jpg

IMG_7398.jpg

Thats all for now as my time was limited, but i will post some more when i go in the others.

Cupra
Take a hammer drill with you next time and have some fun on the floor outside the Seismic equipment. Should get a few people jumping around in an office somewhere in the country.

I am curious though, if these are geman tunnels in Germany, why do they have British seismic equipment in them, or visa versa, why are there german tunnels in the UK?

RIP Dan
Its in Jersey mate, we were occupied for a few years in the 2nd world war.

There are alot of tunnels in the Channel Islands, not only Jersey.

Also in France too.

When you safe some of the tunnels are not safe do you mean they are on the verge of collapsing? or are there still nazi's down there?

1.8 Civic EX
do they link into the old underground hospital thing there? can't remember what it's called, went there years and years ago

RIP Dan
do they link into the old underground hospital thing there? can't remember what it's called, went there years and years ago

The War Tunnels (stupid name) now. Awesome feat of engineering though.

No they dont link.

There were lots of rumours and stories about tunnels linking for miles under the island. If they did then the whole of Jersey would have collapsed.

Will go in the more scary ones and take some piccies. Lets hope i survive the Nazi ghosts.

BMW E92/Audi S3
Interesting. Whats that website where theres pics of abandoned old and strange buildings?