ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

zenon lights on 172

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Oi ya theiving scum, wheres my Xenons!?!?

Well ask them to check the headlights as they are not bright enough, then when they look at them, innocently say... "Shouldnt they be Xenons?"

2012 WRX Waggon

ask the salesman if 172s all come fitted with xenon lamps.

when he says yes, quietly ask "WHERE THE FOOK ARE MINE THEN!!!"

Nippy white cup

If they try it on, get hold of a 172 brochure. It should say on there what they should come with and might give you a bit of ammo.

Chris

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Keep us informed Iain, watching this one with interest.

Got my Pop Corn ready, so lets begin.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Switch them on, if the go yellow then change to white they are xenons.. get out the car and have a look, the side lights will look very yellow compared to the xenons..

You can also tell as the lights shine a blue colour I find. dogmaul has seen the pics and has confirmed them as standard lights, you would have to be pi$$ed off with that ! Never ever heard of that before !

You can see all the 172 owners running off to check their Xenons now cant you !?!!?!?

:eek:

^^^^^ what dogmaul just said, unless you have a grey import then you may lose things like CD changer but not the Xenons !

i have a mk1 172 and they had an option for xenons, mine doesnt have them tho, only the high intensity bulbs,

thought it was the same for the mk2s ,

an option!

Integra DC5 Type R

All Mk 2 172s have Xenon (or HID) lights as standard fitment. Period. Even grey imports have Xenon lights. Period. No Cups have Xenons as standard.

If you dont have them, you have been mis-sold the car and you should either demand warranty replacements, or your money back. Failing both, report to trading standards.

The Xenon lights are standard specification on all Mk II 172s.

The lights look the ducks nutz and finish the look of the car off.

get urself down to renault.. unless u have already done so.

Burgandy 174 sport t

ok update peeps, I went to the dealer and was told yes you should have em but I have to contact reno uk, so I did and was told the need to know the price to replace them and find out why they arent there in the first place before ne decision is made!!

startin to think that someone has removed them before I collected the car??

cant really get enough time right now to write in detail but will come on later!!

Ziel Nurburgring

Was it a main dealer or a "bobs car lot"? If main dealer, go back to them and demand they be fitted, as this could be classed as theft a they are part of main spec. If they were delivered like that, it might be a friday afternoon car from the factory, where the bloke just stuck the wrong lights in.

That is shocking, it must get sorted surely ! It is their balls up after all and those kind of things should be covered in the checks that all the cars have to go through surely ?

Burgandy 174 sport t

I really am quite annoyed about this now!! another thing I have found is pics of the car before I bought it and Im not to sure as the pic isnt too clear but it looks as though it has the zenons on!! Is there ne way I can put this pic onto the computer and enhance it some more??? still waitng to hear from them just now!! when I phoned up I get asked If he can phone me back as they are with customers at the moment!!

Burgandy 174 sport t

I agree!! I said its not my fault they are not there so put them on the car then you can do your own investigations as to what happened and not coz ne more hassle to myself!! "lets just wait and hear what reno technical have to say first!!" was my reply

Have you phoned Renault Customer Services yet ? If not then get on the blower ! Their number is 0800 072 33 72. Ring them and stress how annoyed you are ! They will sort it out or at least move things along ! Then again it is Renault but at least you have tried !

Burgandy 174 sport t

that was customer services!!! they are waiting on a price from tachnical on parts needed to convert the lights and also the reason to which they are not on the car before they will tell me if I am gonna get them put on the car or not!!

F**king cowboys ! There really should be no argument here ! It is false advertising as you have been sold a car without all the standard equipment ! Ridiculous !

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

xenons will cost renault a fair amount to install but so they should its a 172 and it should have them.thats there fault not yours at the end of the day.the connectors for the headlights are different on zenons so i cant see anyone at the dealer swapping them it must have been built like that for some strange reason unless it is an import of some kind,maybe some other countries dont get xenons as standard.

Is the electronic box for the zenons there? If not Im guessing someone has done a quick swop as there £350 option I think on other Clio models.