ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Zestino tyres.

photo_ed

ClioSport Club Member
  200 Cup, 182 Trophy
Hi all, I'm just researching tyre options for my 182 Trophy and am just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Zestino Gredge 07RS (140 Soft) tyre? Tyre options seem limited in the Trophy size these days and I'm intrigued by these Zestino's and also how they potentially compare with the Yokohama AD08RS. Cheers!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Not heard of them, but you do occasionally get these odd brands popup that produce a great tyre.

Most are total ditchfinders

photo_ed

ClioSport Club Member
  200 Cup, 182 Trophy
Thanks for the responses guys. For context they are a semi-slick trackday/road tyre akin to the Yoko AD08RS and Nankang NS-2R, I'm temped to give them a try as none of the road based tyres available these days are doing it for me, shame Michelin don't make the PS4S in the right size as that would be my go-to.

Read a long thread on M3 Cutters where the Zestino's seemed to be pretty well regarded..

Zestino's on Demon Tweaks: https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/zestino-gredge-semi-slick-tyres-2012154/

I've used them on my old M5. Pretty decent tyre but like with any cheap tyre the wear rate is higher but thats the offset of having grip. They did go through a faze of having golf balls pop out on the sidewalls but I never had such an issue.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I've been looking at these as well and need to make a choice now as I'm due a new set.

Tempted to try them, don't break the bank at 370 posted.

joe hk&uk

ClioSport Club Member
  182 cup
Hi folks, started looking for some new rubber so would love to hear anyone on here have tried these tyres at the end?

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Will have more info after Oulton Park 18th of February!

20220128_135342.jpg

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Eunice threw a spanner in the works. Had a great day but strong wind and torrential rain meant the PS3s were the tyre of choice.

Late afternoon a dry line started to appear so decided to try a couple of laps on the new tyres.

Worst decision of the day, three degrees, a greasy track and brand new tyres that hadn't been scrubbed in yet meant I span before even getting out of the pit lane!

Will need to wait for the weather to get a bit warmer and dryer and come back with an update.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Look forward to hearing your thoughts @MLB

It took a bit longer than planned but finally done a trackday on the Zestinos.

They were all good, greasy day at Oulton Park with a dry line forming after lunch.

Only had two sketchy moments in the morning when one side of the track was drying while it was raining on the other side.

I have no comparison with premium track tyres but I'd say these are better than the worn 595 RSRs that came off and I expect them to be quite capable in the wet as well.

I went for the soft/140 TW compound as that's what my previous tyres were. Warmed up quickly, kept them at 32/30psi hot and could do 20 minute sessions with one lap warmup and one lap cool down.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Another thing to note is they seem to be fairly quiet.

All relative and a lot depends on road surface but after driving a quiet, comfortable petrol civic for four months I expected the Clio on semis to be really loud but it wasn't.

The 595 RSRs were terribly noisy but the Zestino softs don't seem to be any louder than the PS3s.

photo_ed

ClioSport Club Member
  200 Cup, 182 Trophy
Thanks for your feedback on the Zestino's @MLB . Much appreciated, sounds like they're not too bad at all. I've still not changed the tyres on my Trophy yet (currently off road for Winter) but the Zestino's are still on the shortlist for when I do change.

Reactions: MLB

joe hk&uk

ClioSport Club Member
  182 cup
👍🏼Thankyou for the sharing @MLB, looking forward to try them hopefully they aren't too far from my last set of a052

Attachments

• 20220902_212652.jpg
    20220902_212652.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 45

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
@Mr Underhill and anyone else interested, done another trackday at Anglesey yesterday and can confirm that for a dry trackday at 18 degrees the soft compound is indeed too soft.

Morning was fine, 15 degrees and slightly damp, but once dry and temps up to 18 or so the soft compound started to go off at the end of 10-15 minute sessions.

20230926_121656.jpg

How did you get on with them @joe hk&uk ?did you get soft or medium compound?

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Anglesey doing Anglesey things.
Pretty normal really I think - regardless of compound.

The only tyre I've ever used which can survive a dry day there is MRF ZTR

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
@Mr Underhill and anyone else interested, done another trackday at Anglesey yesterday and can confirm that for a dry trackday at 18 degrees the soft compound is indeed too soft.

Morning was fine, 15 degrees and slightly damp, but once dry and temps up to 18 or so the soft compound started to go off at the end of 10-15 minute sessions.

View attachment 1662456

How did you get on with them @joe hk&uk ?did you get soft or medium compound?
They look like they'd be better suited to damp conditions. Good feedback.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
I only did 3 sessions at Croft on my new ZTR - around 40 miles in total - and they're not even marked up. It took quite a lot of flinging them into the corners to get the rear temps to even budge. I got the medium compound. The outside temp was 20 degrees and dry.

The car wasn't really best suited to trackdays, so looking forward to testing them on my circuit car when that's ready.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
To be fair this overdriving them a bit while trying to keep up with an M2 😂

They'd be perfectly fine for a beginner (like me) if not pushing too hard and sticking to 4 hot laps maximum.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Anglesey doing Anglesey things.
Pretty normal really I think - regardless of compound.

My year old part worn NS2r's lasted a whole day of understeer, still legal too!

Out right grip they do not have, but I've done Brands, Blyton and Anglesey plus about 5k miles of road driving on them, properly impressed given their price. I do tend to keep to under 10 laps before a cool down though as they do overheat and mini inlet temps are cooking by then too.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Not driven hard enough if they're still legal @Touring_Rob, isn't that the whole point of bringing a trailer? 😂
Maybe, I was being pretty unkind to them though! They just seem to last forever. They overheat gradually but gave plenty of warning, gradual drop in grip. Not the fastest tyre by a long way but given they are close to bottom of market I have been pleasantly surprised.

I did a did a new set of the old style 888's in a single day at Brands once, back when everyone on the internet said they were the best track day tyre on the planet when in reality they were very unhappy on a summer track day 😂

• Haha

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I'm quite keen to try a set of quality tyres next. Or maybe I'll buy a set of 15 inch wheels and use the zestinos for damp/cold days.

Can't ever have enough sets of wheels for one car, my wife is going to love it.