ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Zymol’d

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

ok...i know we all cant stand just washed threads...but heres some advice for Zymol users....

Do exactly what it says on the tin !!....dont put too much wax on...its a killer to buff out

the car will look its best straight after the HD Cleanse phase.....but stick at it with the wax...its worth the elbow grease .....

saying that...im not sure i will bother again, ive had just as good results using autoglym or similar....

not going to post a ton of pics as in most of them the paint is so shiny all you can see is sky etc....heres one just to show what the zymol can do....but i challange anyone to say its bettter than other polishes...i cant see the difference...other than in my wallet......oh i will say one thing....it smells great !!! wanted to eat it ...lol

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/Angibub/DSCF0126.jpg

Looking good Ang................so you giving me the Zymol then...................I only want to use it once just like you eh :cool:

Cya Stu

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

thanks guys....

looks good Lee...and also very familiar...:D

lol at Stu.....part of me thinks i should use it up, cost a bloody fortune.....but dont know if i could hack it again...lol

Quote: Originally posted by Ang on 22 May 2005

lol at Stu.....but dont know if i could hack it again...lol

There you go Ang................SOLD to me for....................£20 ;)................Im only thinking of you.............save you all that hard work eh :D

Cya (Zymol) Stu

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 22 May 2005

Looks very shiney, will look even better at the meet tuesday
thanks....but its bound to get rained on before then !! lol...

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 22 May 2005

I did mine with Zymol Titanium wax last year and its still got a great coat of wax on it now. Plus it left my hands lovely and soft. lol

Heres how mine came out: http://www.leemather.plus.com/images/RSClio182/01.08.04/index.htmlLink
Zymol wax is made from the carnabua plant as are most premium waxes, all carnabuba waxes look great but due to their relativly low melting point durability isnt their strong point. As an absolute average the coating carnuba wax will half after 30 days and will be at almost nothing after 90 days. The most durable paint sealants on the market will last for 6 months if properly applied and maintained.

Even a wax like like collinite (widely accepted to be the most durable will struggle after 90 days)

ST

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 22 May 2005

I did mine with Zymol Titanium wax last year and its still got a great coat of wax on it now. Plus it left my hands lovely and soft. lol

Heres how mine came out: http://www.leemather.plus.com/images/RSClio182/01.08.04/index.htmlLink
Zymol wax is made from the carnabua plant as are most premium waxes, all carnabuba waxes look great but due to their relativly low melting point durability isnt their strong point. As an absolute average the coating carnuba wax will half after 30 days and will be at almost nothing after 90 days. The most durable paint sealants on the market will last for 6 months if properly applied and maintained.

Even a wax like like collinite (widely accepted to be the most durable will struggle after 90 days)

How does NXT hold up mate, so far im very impressed with mine. Ive never used any product on my car that made the water bead off like the NXT does.

Quote: Originally posted by 16vClio on 22 May 2005

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 22 May 2005

How does NXT hold up mate, so far im very impressed with mine. Ive never used any product on my car that made the water bead off like the NXT does.
NXT .....Hmmmmm, this is still billed as meguiars best protecting wax. People have split opinions, it is actually classed as a paint sealant and if allowed to set up properly i.e. its polymers cross link 24 hours after application - if kept dry then it can prove to be durable, however many people report poor durability and many report good durability. NXt being a sealnt tends to sheet the water off rather than let it bead like a wax would so even though you may think its not there or protecting it probably will be.

It also tends to darken paint and can hide swirls and really adds some bling, like few other waxes.

nxt wears of really quick apparently, but i dont leave it long enough to wear off before re-applying :D, its still brilliant stuff however long it lasts

Just so that you all know............if Ang decides to sell the Zymol to anyone other than her mate................Im first on the list................GOT IT :D

Cya Stu

I didnt realise that was anotehr pic of the car..........mmmmmmm...........VERRRRRRY nice job there...........you want to do mine............yeah :D

[Edited by stusV6 on 22 May 2005 at 10:46pm]

Quote: Originally posted by Day on 22 May 2005

Brazo says Im only allowed to use Zymol on my wheels :eek:
The zymol cleaner wax is actually made by turtle wax! Still it did look good on your wheels.

I would keep with the #16 Day, order some from Alex at Serious Performance

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

that looks fantastic ! :D

you can see the shine so much better on the Racing blue :cool:

(ps...change your indicator bulbs ;))

Quote: Originally posted by Ang on 23 May 2005
that looks fantastic ! :Dyou can see the shine so much better on the Racing blue :cool:(ps...change your indicator bulbs ;))

Cheers!

P.S. Got some silvervisions on order from Smokey ;)

Mini Cooper S sport

Oooh jay, now I know what mine *could* look like if I put the effort in hehe..

Nice shiiiiiny car Ang :)

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

thank you :D

why have some of my pics turned into little red xs ???? :cry: pehaps photobucket is down

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

Thankyooooo :D

Was a killer....but i looked at my car today and Im begining to think it was worth the effort now.....still looks amazingly shiney and Ive done about 200 motorway miles in it since it was done :D ....its been rained on twice but the paint work is still silky smooth :D