ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Zymol Destiny Glaze

Mito Sportiva 135
Just wondering if anyone has used this at all? Really can't believe a product can be that much better to justify this sort of price, or am I wrong?

Yes I've got some and also have the £1200 atlantique

Its seriously good although not say 40x better than a £12 pot of CG xxx!

106 GTi
I did some side by side tests of Zymol Carbon (£40 quid) vs CG 50/50 (half the price of the Zymol) and looks wise they looked almost identical. I have some also have some Zymol Titanium and a pot of Concours here that I have not yet tried which is a 160 odd quid if you buy the full sized pot. Not expecting it to look any better than anything else.

Waxes really are the icing on the cake the main looks to the paint come down to the polishing etc. Durability however may be a whole different ball game.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh I was thinking that maybe it was durability/ ease of use and some slight improvements looks wise. I would never bother getting this for the Clio though, don' t think the paint is good enough to warrant it, and not to mention how much it costs in relation to the car itself.

Just comparing the Clio paint to a Porsches, it really is crap. It does look ok, but just seems to be soft as butter judging by the amount of minor chips I have picked up on the front end in the past few months. The Porsche has none as far as I can tell, and has been ragged around harder. Ideally, for my next car I would be looking for an E46 M3 Coupe in the steel grey, looks the nuts I think - less plastics to dress and I think I have had enough of black for a while, too much effort!!

106 GTi
Ease of use - P21s, Souveran on CG 50/50 are all much easier to use than the Zymol range. The lower end waxes are intended to be applied by pad, the higher end ones with bare hands! None spread or remove as easy as say P21s. Applied a coat of Zymol Titanium to the 182 today, meant to be hand applied but I applied that with a foam hand pad.

Clio paint is actually quite hard, not in the same league as some of the Merc paints, does chip easily though I agree. Renault ornage peel specials cannot be comapred to the quality of paint on high end stuff.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh I have seen products being applied by hands, can't see any advantage myself, personally I get eczema on my hands anyway from waxes and lubricants :)S) so don't think I would ever want to do that anyway! All I can say is that Collinite 486s is an absolute b**ch to take off in the cold, seems to bond like cement, took ages to get off earlier, I think the coats I had already put on was enough. The Clio seems to just pick up lots of little chips all the time, despite my best efforts to drive sensibly in areas where they could be picked up.

I think Renault paint is quite poor in general though. My Mum has a Golf in metallic black (can't remember the exact name) and it seems to have much more of a sparkle and clarity to the paint. The Porsche my Dad has is black too and seems to come up better still. I was actually asked by his mate today to do his Porsche next week, which is also black and protected by the Zymol system, so will be interesting to see how that comes up.

106 GTi
VAG paint seems to have a lot less ornage peel in it than the Renault finsih, which is finished akin to most cars of the same price bracket, the 182 finsih is akin to the Peugeots and Vauxhalls I owned before. You pay more money for a VW so the quality should be better. I look after a Black R32, and the reflections always look crisper due to the lack of orange peel.

Not used Collinite, but equivilient heavy carnuba waxes such as Megs 16 or One Grand Blitz can be a pain to use. I always apply Megs 16 by machine as it allows you to get a nice thin coat which comes off easily.

106 GTi
Orange Peel?

Look at the texture in the paint, known as orange peel

IMG_4928.jpg

IMG_4923.jpg

Lionel Richie
where do they come up with the names for these waxes!!!

Zymol "Destiny", sounds like a cheap p**n star from Las Vegas

106 GTi
Dont say things like that Fred, I already worry about what Brazo gets up to with his pot of Atlantique!

Mito Sportiva 135
VAG paint seems to have a lot less ornage peel in it than the Renault finsih, which is finished akin to most cars of the same price bracket, the 182 finsih is akin to the Peugeots and Vauxhalls I owned before. You pay more money for a VW so the quality should be better. I look after a Black R32, and the reflections always look crisper due to the lack of orange peel.

Not used Collinite, but equivilient heavy carnuba waxes such as Megs 16 or One Grand Blitz can be a pain to use. I always apply Megs 16 by machine as it allows you to get a nice thin coat which comes off easily.

I think its mainly the cold weather causing the problems. When I put the Jeffs spray on a few weeks ago (cheers for the recommendation BTW) it was quite hard to remove, and the Collinite was rock solid. Now done yet another layer (just to be sure :boring:) and now I feel like Popeye.

Have to say that the Collinite "feels" very tough, you can rub your finger over the cars surface and you get a nice silky finish with a bit of resistance. I drove through loads of mud and water the past two weeks and it all just fell off when I washed it, and I have barely used any of the product at all in 3 coats.

Gal

A Clee O
EGP is pretty tough to get off in this weather as well. Especially when left for 45 minutes (note this is only if applied by hand)

PC it and its a piece of pish

al

ST on the way...
As far as durability goes i've found the P21s and the CG XXX is excellent.

The durability of the 50/50 however is apalling!!

For me P21s only lasts a couple of weeks and I have a client who had 50/50 applied just before the JAE, its not had anything other than regular washes and still beading nicely.

However back on topic, Destiny is a great wax, as its the Atlantique however I do now wonder if they are worth the price they command. Oh and I used 2 pots of Atlantique this year and won't be buying anymore, same with Destiny. I'm going to a similar quality product but at a lot less money.

106 GTi

I think its mainly the cold weather causing the problems. When I put the Jeffs spray on a few weeks ago (cheers for the recommendation BTW) it was quite hard to remove, and the Collinite was rock solid. Now done yet another layer (just to be sure :boring:) and now I feel like Popeye.

Have to say that the Collinite "feels" very tough, you can rub your finger over the cars surface and you get a nice silky finish with a bit of resistance. I drove through loads of mud and water the past two weeks and it all just fell off when I washed it, and I have barely used any of the product at all in 3 coats.

Threw another coat of Zymol Titanium on the 182 this morning and it was no problem, and have just Menzerna IP and AG SRP'd a Saxo ready to sell for a freind (and it sold on my drive before I had finished it!) and the weather caused no problems. Think the key is thin coats and getting it off the paint before the cold damp air sets in after 3 pm ish.

That sounds how the Megs #16 feels - the Zymol Titanium is an odd one has left the paint feeling sealant slick, does not have that grabby carnuba like feel at all:S

106 GTi

For me P21s only lasts a couple of weeks and I have a client who had 50/50 applied just before the JAE, its not had anything other than regular washes and still beading nicely.

However back on topic, Destiny is a great wax, as its the Atlantique however I do now wonder if they are worth the price they command. Oh and I used 2 pots of Atlantique this year and won't be buying anymore, same with Destiny. I'm going to a similar quality product but at a lot less money.

3-4 weeks max here for P21s for me in Summer months. No tests on 50/50 durability but it seems so alike in use and looks to Souveran I can believe it may not last, will be used only for looks here for me in the Summer. Every one experiences different results when it comes to durability, eg CG M Seal just does not last for me.

Mito Sportiva 135

3-4 weeks max here for P21s for me in Summer months. No tests on 50/50 durability but it seems so alike in use and looks to Souveran I can believe it may not last, will be used only for looks here for me in the Summer. Every one experiences different results when it comes to durability, eg CG M Seal just does not last for me.

Tomatoes/ tomatos... I love using the M Seal! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
And I have also found the Megs stage 3 Carnuba wax works amazingly well on my Mum's Golf, but looks s**t on my car. Go figure.

Rich I've got the titanium on my car two, its still beading well 3 weeks down the line!

Collinite is a doddle to remove in cold weather, if its applied thinly enough!

106 GTi
Only tested on the garage queen so far butter, so no beading here! Keep us updated on how it lasts.

When and where!!! Did you get the titanium from mate!??

I applied mine by hand, had to use quite a lot compared to the atlantique!

106 GTi
Drunken ebay buy! - Could not resist at the price of a pot of Souveran.

Did'nt get on well doing that so warmed it up with the old fingers and spread it around with the trusty old foam applicator. Used the same amount as I did when I used the Carbon.

Got a bonus at work today so going to treat myself to some Swissol tommorrow after seeing it on AndyCs Pug on DW!

Mito Sportiva 135
Drunken ebay buy! - Could not resist at the price of a pot of Souveran.

Did'nt get on well doing that so warmed it up with the old fingers and spread it around with the trusty old foam applicator. Used the same amount as I did when I used the Carbon.

Got a bonus at work today so going to treat myself to some Swissol tommorrow after seeing it on AndyCs Pug on DW!

No loved ones to buy presents for ey Rich?! ;)

Mito Sportiva 135
Was going to go for the Onyx as it's only 40 quid. Saphir is 70 odd is it not?

I think they have the best name for their products at least anyway. They sound like exotic aftershaves....

Still think that spending silly money on these products for a Clio isn't worth it, but that's just my opinion. When I get my M3, I may think differently :D

106 GTi
Not just for my Clio, will keep those happy that demand Zymol/Swissol on there cars when I do a detail, will soon pay for itself !

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh I guess they will do.... especially if you charge £5k like that guy from 5th Gear.... that is madness though!

After today's freezing weather, I would want them to develop a wax with anti-freeze properties. That would be cool!