ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

40mm APEX Springs...Pics?

No more clio's for me!
Hi everybody,

I'm thinking of getting some APEX 40mm Springs fitted.

Please can you post some pic's with standard 172 mk2 alloys (if there's any :)), i'm after an aggressive look, not too low or harsh!

Cheers!:cool:

ive got a mk1 172 with standard alloys and apex 40's:
before:
SP_A0056.jpg

After:
DSC01396.jpg

DSC01394.jpg

Im getting coil overs asap tho

No more clio's for me!
Cheers Guy's, thats the look i'm after! :)

Whats the ride like tho, i do bag loads of miles for work. Do you have to claim these on your insurance?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
dannyboy172 said:
Cheers Guy's, thats the look i'm after! :)

Whats the ride like tho, i do bag loads of miles for work. Do you have to claim these on your insurance?

Ride's fine...Slightly harsher than std, but doesn't feel any different than a 182.

Insurance....mayb...... ;)

"Navy" N17 TWO
everyone on here and even other makes of car are popular with FK Highsport coilovers

you can get them for in around £450

MKIII 138
arent the apex proper harsh though compared to eibachs though ? i was after 30mm sportline eibachs, i would want 40mm but aparently its a very conservative 40mm so 30mm sportlines would do just the same or very simular
but if the ride on the apex isnt too bone crunching then i could be tempted with
those

Clio 172 Phase 2
i had mine put in last weekend and they're not too bad, obviously if your gonna hit a pot hole it will feel painful, but its not too bad on smooth roads, however, around corners at high speed on uneven surfaces its pretty bouncy, but it i personally think it just adds to the adrenaline of the car.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
You can get them lower, but they arn't any better... The cars not physically stiff enough to reep the full benefits of coils.

Banana
Why not consider H+R -40mm springs? I fitted them to my cup (dont have any pics at the mo) and the body roll is reduced without affecting the ride quality at all. Gives a similar drop to the Apex's. A bit more expensive, but well worth the extra IMO.

No more clio's for me!
Rufstuf said:
Why not consider H+R -40mm springs? I fitted them to my cup (dont have any pics at the mo) and the body roll is reduced without affecting the ride quality at all. Gives a similar drop to the Apex's. A bit more expensive, but well worth the extra IMO.

Where do you get the H+R's from?:)

How much are the apex -40mm springs? I paid £80 for a set on my 1.2 clio, so are they about the same price?

I'd like some for the cup. (pics of some would be nice too)

"Navy" N17 TWO
Got an offer I couldn't refuse today so the deal is done

Apex 40mm kit and a set of 60mm apex springs...canceled....

...FK Highsports ordered ;)

IMO, if you just want to make the car looks better ...
go for Apex -40mm springs, price: between 90-100 quid
go for performance, then coilovers, no doubt ..
price: at least 450 quid I think ...
what about Eibach -20mm springs?? forget it ...
coz you won't see any difference ..... hahaa