ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS Light not working

1.2 16v clio
Hey all,

I have a mate at work whose car is currently failing its MOT becuase the ABS light is not working. We have checked the fuse and thats fine, and when you turn on the ignition all the lights light up APART from the ABS light.....is this a simple case of the bulb needing to be replaced? Also the hazard lights do not work even those the individual indicators do....are the issues connected?

Please excuse my lack of knowlege!!!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Not quite that simple i'm afraid as the "bulb" is an SMD so not something you can easily change.

Firstly carry out a bulb test by putting the clockset into test mode. If it lights up the fault is with the ABS system or the cars wiring so needs to be checked. If however the bulb doesnt light up the clockset has been tampered with; normally the PCB tracks are destroyed, the SMD is smashed or, most commonly, the bulb path is filled with silicone.

This will have been done to hide an issue most likely so you should also have diagnostics carried out to see what is needed to fix the problem a previous owner has tried to hide.

Mick

clio
I have the same problem with my TC light, the lamp in it has gone. There is no fault as ive had a diagnostic check on it for something else. I have just been to renault and the have gave me a new lamp but wanted to know if it is easily changed before i have to take the dash appart. the lamp the have gave me is like a tiny side light lamp that just pushes in, anyone know if this is correct?

Thanks Adz.