ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

All my seats out. OMFG!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone actually weighed the rear seat? Like fact, not estimate

I did amongst other stuff when I weighed all mine as it went up into the attic.

I could dig it out this weekend and put it on the bathroom scales in isolation...so...

What makes up the 'back seats'?

Rear seat upright
Rear seat base
Isofix bar

Leaving all mounts/belts etc. in situ?

Got nothing on this weekend except kids and the GP so when I get bored enough I'll have a go.

E87 118d M Sport
yeah the belts would stay in incase the seats needed to go back in. the mounts would also stay. just the 3 things youve listed.

legend!!!!

SQ5
My car has no rear interior or trim at all with CF door cards, two bucket seats and 2 4 point harnesses and the difference is defintely immense! Weighed the car on a weigh bridge with half a tank of petrol and it was 1000kg dead on! 167 bhp/ton!

Definitely makes it easier working them figures out ;)

Mk2 1.2 Campus
This is ridiculous, one person mentioned it being noticable and the other mentioned it not making a difference and it ended up in an argument over something so small in my opinion.

By the way I know there will be plenty of people supporting both sides despite what I have said

SQ5
This is ridiculous, one person mentioned it being noticable and the other mentioned it not making a difference WHILST BEING A C*NT and it ended up in an argument over something so small in my opinion.

By the way I know there will be plenty of people supporting both sides despite what I have said

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
My car has no rear interior or trim at all with CF door cards, two bucket seats and 2 4 point harnesses and the difference is defintely immense! Weighed the car on a weigh bridge with half a tank of petrol and it was 1000kg dead on! 167 bhp/ton!

Definitely makes it easier working them figures out ;)

Shame we where still neck and neck in the tunnel lol :p Should strip mine out, you will beat my fat arse at karting though :(

Clio 1.2 Billabong
I've been thinking about this thread a lot over the last few days, so much in fact that today I decided to remove the rear seats and spare wheel from my 1.2 Billabong.

For the sake of argument I also weighed each item, using the method of holding them whilst standing on the bathroom scales and deducting my own weight. The rear seats, iso bar, spare wheel and jack etc totalled 39.9 kg (6 stone 4 lbs in real money). The spare wheel on its own is 13.88 kg.

It definitely feels a bit nippier now. Maybe the difference wouldn't be so noticeable for a 172 /182, but for a 1.2 it makes a lot of difference.

Breaking mk2 DCI
uses less fuel goes all green peace and s**t and saves thw world, but more importantly goes faster and stops quicker which on track makes a hell of a differance if you can keep the tail behind you!

Evo
Stripping my car out has IMO opinion made it slower...

I've lost so much confidence in its grip and stability due to the snacky rear end that i dare not drive it as quick as before, and dropping 2psi didnt change a thing.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Stripping my car out has IMO opinion made it slower...

I've lost so much confidence in its grip and stability due to the snacky rear end that i dare not drive it as quick as before, and dropping 2psi didnt change a thing.

Snap! I took rear seats,bar, setbelts and spare wheels and tools out,made a noticebale differeence!the back end of the car went right up bout inch and half and the car was sliding all over the place was ridiculous I could go faster round all the corner,roundabouts etc with all the weight in! I put it all back in except bar and spare whell but replaced it with sub and amp to keep the back end down. Sounded awful being a deisel too!

I did amongst other stuff when I weighed all mine as it went up into the attic.

I could dig it out this weekend and put it on the bathroom scales in isolation...so...

What makes up the 'back seats'?

Rear seat upright
Rear seat base
Isofix bar

Leaving all mounts/belts etc. in situ?

Got nothing on this weekend except kids and the GP so when I get bored enough I'll have a go.

had a go at this earlier on and came up with the following (172 Cup, so lighter seats/wheel than some models):

seat base 4.0kg
seat back 8.5
iso bar 3.0
turnini&tyre 14.5
tool kit 3.0
boot floor board 2.5
hatch load cover 1.5
(total 37.0)

just out of interest

200 Gordini
I done this, exhaust sounded nice and the car handled a touch better... but

Cant roll with bitches so its not worth it :D

Good work.

From 169bhp/ton to 175bhp/ton. For free. In 20 mins. Instantly reversable. And definitely noticeable.

it certainly feels a little more spritely. i've cleaned and greased the various bolts as well, so it only really takes a few minutes to remove/reinstall. something to play with anyway