ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone else play Minecraft?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It's the most addictive game I've played in ages. :eek:

Granted, it's not for those without an imagination, or for people that need to play a Michael Bay movie rip-off to be entertained; but it's AWESOME.

It's got a huge cult following now, with Machinima regularly publishing videos on it.

I love the art style of it too. 8-bit FTW.

I doubt CS will appreciate it. Neanderthals.

Prove me wrong?

2.2 bar shed.
Played it far too much. The new piston patch is epic. I'll grab some screen caps later...

2.2 bar shed.
I cant get hold of any sticky goo stuff. Was mining obsidian the other day and lost 4 diamond blocks... Dont ask why I was mining lava with all my stuff. -.-

Might try and get my minecraft server back up later. About 5/6 of my mates play it as well, ends up a right laugh and complete chaos online.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Yeah, I play it as well. Very addictive. CS multiplayer server?

I think we should PM Munson some screenshots, see if he has a heart attack.

Been playing it for about a month. Had to uninstall it because it was getting in the way of uni dissertation. Granted its not graphically pleasing but it is awesomely fun non the less.

/geek.

Octavia VRS LE
not got a good enough computer to play it i love watching it thou its epic, and i did download the rip off for the xbox fortress craft chapter 1, no where near as good, no mobs to kill, no crafting..... just pure building... and the land isnt as good as minecraft

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I had a texture pack for it that made it look pretty good.

Its a shame so many people judge games on graphics and wouldn't give a game like minecraft a second look, it is infact epic once you get past the graphics.

bighouse.jpg

bighouse2.jpg

bighouse3.jpg

bighouse4.jpg

minecrafthouse.jpg

Stuff I have made. Its stupidly addictive

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Not an opinion based on graphics.

An opinion based on two oddballs wondering around a world made of jenga blocks (maybe a slight graphical observation) looking at jenga pigs and carrying jenga blocks. I'm out.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Been watching a few vids on youtube.

Got a couple of questions.

1. Do you need a mega spec PC for this?
  2. Is there a trial version of it?

Ive seen it but I just don't get it - whats the point? Do you mine stuff and create more stuff based on it?

Seen the CPU someone made on it though, very impressive.

Ive seen it but I just don't get it - whats the point? Do you mine stuff and create more stuff based on it?

Seen the CPU someone made on it though, very impressive.

You nailed it on the head, you can make tools to mine blocks quicker (eg from wood you can make sticks to make a pick axe etc).
If you are in any way creative, you will be instantly addicted to it :)

Been watching a few vids on youtube.

Got a couple of questions.

1. Do you need a mega spec PC for this?
  2. Is there a trial version of it?

PC Spec is minimal really, it's all java based!
There's a trial (Minecraft Classic on the official website - though very basic and you need to play the real version!)

You nailed it on the head, you can make tools to mine blocks quicker (eg from wood you can make sticks to make a pick axe etc).
If you are in any way creative, you will be instantly addicted to it :)

I may give it a go, but I think I did way too much farming materials and creating stuff in World of Warcraft - at least my armour and weapons did something? Is there anything really rare you can create with some hidden material somewhere? How big are the servers? Do you just make your own with friends?

Sorry for the questions lol

Armour and weapons do do things!

Armour protects you against mobs,
Weapons attack mobs (the better class the weapon the more damage it does),
Same with the tools, the higher class the tools, the quicker they are/longer they last!

Class being what you craft it from, for example you have wood, stone, iron, diamond to name a few (in order of strength).

No problem about the questions, i don't mind helping people!

(Oh and alternatively if you didn't want to farm the resources you can get plugins to spawn items for you etc).

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
How much is this now? Does it give you access to unlimited updates, or is it a subscription based service?

Oh, and Munson's PC is physically incapable of running this. The mere launch of a game with such s**t graphics triggers the 500g pack of C4 hidden in his PSU....

D.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL. It's still in Beta and is ~£13 for the full version.

I can't get enough of it.

If anyone's got a server going let me know your ping.

Integra Type-R DC2
I need a decent laptop game to fill the boring week day hours.

Might give this a punt.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Haha! Awesome mate. Glad you like it!

I'll get some pics up of my place soon. Just built an underwater tunnel. :eek:

1.2 16V Clio (Blue)
Anybody know how to set up a server? Been trying to do it for a while.. Or even be able to set up a local connection

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Spent the first few hours lost in tunnels, it's so easy to lose your bearings when your down there!

All is good now though, getting my house built up. Just need to find some diamonds/gold and all the other good stuff now.

F82 M4
It's the most addictive game I've played in ages. :eek:

Granted, it's not for those without an imagination, or for people that need to play a Michael Bay movie rip-off to be entertained; but it's AWESOME.

It's got a huge cult following now, with Machinima regularly publishing videos on it.

I love the art style of it too. 8-bit FTW.

I doubt CS will appreciate it. Neanderthals.

Prove me wrong?

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?553283-Anyone-play-minecraft&highlight=minecraft

Nearly the exact same title as well!

2.2 bar shed.

(not my video)

Should have a multiplayer server working again soon as well.

Last edited by a moderator: