ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone else play Minecraft?

Clio
Don't understand it but just had a read up on it and with no publisher or advertising other than word of mouth it has generated $33 million dollars in revenue.

aye lol, averaging $15,000 an hour.
man that's one nice income for such a simple game, in JAVA!

Same here can't see the appeal tbh.

the appeal is it's completely open, you choose what to do/how to play.

there's hundreds of mods also allowing you to play exactly how you want - NPC villages, shops, mods with 100+ new items such as copper, nuclear power, cables etc.

it really is down to the player; playing online i imagine you'd be hooked straight away :p

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
aye lol, averaging $15,000 an hour.
man that's one nice income for such a simple game, in JAVA!

the appeal is it's completely open, you choose what to do/how to play.

there's hundreds of mods also allowing you to play exactly how you want - NPC villages, shops, mods with 100+ new items such as copper, nuclear power, cables etc.

it really is down to the player; playing online i imagine you'd be hooked straight away :p

So basically you just play your own game?

pretty much.
by default if you have "monsters" turned on, then there are caves which contain hidden rooms with chests of goodies in, so you can spend the game doing that, with the addition of building whatever you want etc etc.
it's difficult to explain, you can really do anything you want, and if it doesn't exist in the default game then there'll be a mod for you.

also Mojang has spoke of some updates known as an "adventure" update to add more content to the game so that if you cannot see yourself building, or just spending all the time "surviving", then you have other things to do as well!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Sometimes, the Internet worries me.

Imagine how long this took him. It's 1/1 scale.

Last edited by a moderator:
checking now, did you get on dude45's server Christopher?

lol they are going to be crazy, so it seems you have to kill them before they get behind you (instead of running) otherwise they dont attack?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
All sorted now. OS X Lion sets the 'Library' folder in your user account to 'Hidden' by default. Simple fix.

I've also got Nuke Mod up and running again now. :eek:

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
PM an IP to join, I have my own little server if anyone wants the IP then PM, only been playing locally so I don't know how good it will be.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
They're releasing Minecraft on mobile devices early next year. iOS, Andriod and PS Phones. That's the first though.

It'll only be a 'Lite' version of the game though.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Anyone done the Aether Portal mod? Just installed it on mine. It's a weird place. I'd link a YouTube clip but I'm on my phone.

F82 M4
Anyone done the Aether Portal mod? Just installed it on mine. It's a weird place. I'd link a YouTube clip but I'm on my phone.
I've been to the normal Nether. 8 Blocks of Obsidian + Flint & Steel and you can go to the Nether. I needed it to get some Netherstone for my fireplace. It's the only block in the game that burns forever :cool:

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Yeah been to the nether. Pretty boring down there tbh. The Aether on the other hand has temples with bosses you have to defeat, plus loads of other animals, minerals and weapons.

F82 M4
Yeah been to the nether. Pretty boring down there tbh. The Aether on the other hand has temples with bosses you have to defeat, plus loads of other animals, minerals and weapons.
Ohh. I'll have to have a look into that one. I wasn't aware of the mod :cool:

minecraftc.jpg

I imagine its been done already but currently making the above :D

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
What are you making? Also whats the texture pack called?

I'm looking into all things nuclear at the moment :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Myself and 2 other's have been making Cod4's popular map Crash!
I'll put some screenshots up later, or if you want the IP to come take a look just let me know :)

Also been playing 1.8, it adds a LOT of potential awesome things, still very buggy and still missing features but the stuff done is very very nice!

Edit:
Also if you want true nuclear power (and TONS of other things, check out the IndustrialCraft mod :) (http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/184263-173-industrialcraft-v855/))

Here's some screenshots of the map we've been making also :)
1fRke.jpg

FECWl.jpg

xrdGR.jpg

JB5H3.jpg

kIL20.jpg

7FDiI.jpg

Our next project is Killhouse, another awesome CoD4 map which we'll be running PvP mods on :)

Last edited:

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Thats fcuking awesome! Would be great to mess about on that with bow and arrows, poison darts etc etc in a group.