ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone else play Minecraft?

FF Clio 182
Took some time to sort the sub out at the weekend. First thing was to import it into Yogscast Complete. It was originally built in voltz but the YC setup includes all kinds of stuff from tekkit and some new stuff too (like big reactors).

2014-10-05_20.05.57.jpg

Obviously copying it straight into a YC world from a voltz one was never going to go well, so with the item IDs all being different all I had was the outer shell of the sub and a f**k ton of crap inside. After clearing it all out and reconstructing half of it, I had a go at creating my first big reactor. It's not very efficient at all (all the control rods are set to 100%!)
2014-10-05_20.07.54.jpg

But of course no noob makes a sub without it being turbine powered.
2014-10-05_20.08.27.jpg

And then installed the launchers again, before firing my first test missile.
[video]
That done it was time to test a few more, and whaddya know, direct hit on an enemy sub.
2014-10-05_20.06.34.jpg

How did you get that sub map and air strikes?

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Are you playing survival mode? I started it this morning, add me on PSN: ben_sambrook

No idea to be honest Ben
I only finished the tutorial then had a wonder round the part above the staircase then went to bed
I'll add you though

FF Clio 182
I built the sub from scratch. If you want it I can send it as an MCEdit schematic.
I use minecraft (PC I may add) with a few mods, or rather one modpack, that can be downloaded here: http://www.atlauncher.com/pack/yogscastcompletepack/
One of the mods is ICBM mod which adds all the missile stuff. Just for the love of god don't use Redmatter Explosives.

Yeah will take a look in a second.

Email me the sub map file please... (carlv8415@gmail.com)

Why what happens if you do red matter ?

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Are you playing survival mode? I started it this morning, add me on PSN: ben_sambrook

Was playing survival earlier for first time
It's really hard!
Kind of getting the hang of it after dying several times though

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Was playing survival earlier for first time
It's really hard!
Kind of getting the hang of it after dying several times though

Yeah once you've built a shelter and a bed for the first night it gets easier, I need to buy some PSN+ because my free trail has expired :(

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Come on lad
Nobody else I have on friend list plays it!

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Is there still a CS server or am I too late to the party? My brother's just bought this on PC so I wanted to see what it's all about and have a go with "normal" people rather than a mass fight haha.

Last edited:

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Bought it for PS4 the other day. Still getting the hang of it. Only played about fifteen minutes. Psn: iPhooni

Clio
What is this s**t!

Bought it for little un the other day as she wanted it. She only plays creative mode but its highly addictive just building crap. She asked me to build her a house when she went to bed the other night, so I get started and when I look at the clock next its 4 hours later and 2am.

We sat down and played survival mode the other night but just keep getting killed. Any tips?

She also keeps banging on about redstone but I don't get it. Any good guides anywhere?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
What is this s**t!

Bought it for little un the other day as she wanted it. She only plays creative mode but its highly addictive just building crap. She asked me to build her a house when she went to bed the other night, so I get started and when I look at the clock next its 4 hours later and 2am.

We sat down and played survival mode the other night but just keep getting killed. Any tips?

She also keeps banging on about redstone but I don't get it. Any good guides anywhere?

This is going to end up like your online gambling addiction.

Clio
IGN Guide is good.

Redstone is mineable so just dig downwards. Upgrade tools, build lots of ladders and lanterns and go digging.
I'm going to be all over this. the problem we had is that we couldn't figure out how to build a torch so kept getting mashed up at night time.

Clio
This gets better. Its not one book but 3......
Hacks for MineCrafters
Hacks for Minecrafters: Combat
Hacks for Minecrafters: Master Builder.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Can't find any coal or charcoal.
Coal and charcoal are, again, found mining - its all completely random mate - at least I think it is.

First thing you need is Wood. So go punch a lot of trees. Collect. Go to Crafting Table - turn planks into sticks and sticks into tools. Use tools to dig. Dig to find stuff is basically the beginning of the game. Build yourself a house out of dirt/sand/whatever is around initially.

A lot of stuff is made either on the Crafting Table or in the Furnace. Crafting table - just scroll across until you find the recipe. Some recipes might require you to utilise one resource to build a component as above - tools are made from sticks - you need planks to make sticks etc etc.

If you wanna do an online game tonight mate I can show you the very basics. Like.... never dig straight downwards.

Clio
Coal and charcoal are, again, found mining - its all completely random mate - at least I think it is.

First thing you need is Wood. So go punch a lot of trees. Collect. Go to Crafting Table - turn planks into sticks and sticks into tools. Use tools to dig. Dig to find stuff is basically the beginning of the game. Build yourself a house out of dirt/sand/whatever is around initially.

A lot of stuff is made either on the Crafting Table or in the Furnace. Crafting table - just scroll across until you find the recipe. Some recipes might require you to utilise one resource to build a component as above - tools are made from sticks - you need planks to make sticks etc etc.

If you wanna do an online game tonight mate I can show you the very basics. Like.... never dig straight downwards.
Cheers mate, don't do online, I need one of those xbox pass things don't I?

We've got as far as the Wood > Crafting table > Sticks > Tools > dig dig dig but then we get mashed up at night time because we can't find any coal/charcoal to make a torch and lose all our stuff. Rinse and repeat lol.

banther

ClioSport Club Member

We've got as far as the Wood > Crafting table > Sticks > Tools > dig dig dig but then we get mashed up at night time because we can't find any coal/charcoal to make a torch and lose all our stuff. Rinse and repeat lol.

Yes you pleb. Think I've got a 1 month free somewhere - if I find it will PM you the code. Someone may as well use it.

Basically you're looking for grey blocks with black bits in 'em.

Clio
Yes you pleb. Think I've got a 1 month free somewhere - if I find it will PM you the code. Someone may as well use it.

Basically you're looking for grey blocks with black bits in 'em.
Top man, I'm going to smash this later. Then I'll be all like cool dad when I'm building mega s**t for her.

A4 Avant & A3
My 2 boys are well into this too.. they normally end up playing a "hunger game"... where the eldest kills his younger brother & they end up arguing & the xbox goes off! (then i'm the bad guy??)

They also like getting me involved with their game & just as I get into it & start building something they decide it's time to start a new world!!
I did actually have a sneaky go on it on my own one evening & mined all sorts of stuff & stored it all in a chest..in great a house.. only to then have them play on 'my world' and nick all the stuff & eat my food.... very realistic..just like home.
I'm not really much of a gamer (occasionally I'll have a go on forza) but I do find time flies by when I have played minecraft, I do get quite into it.

And like the mean sod I am, I've not renewed xbox live (waiting for a bargain lol) so they can't play online now..

DCi

Make a wooden pickaxe -> get stone -> make furnace -> burn wood in furnace -> result = charcoal

Plant trees seeds for more wood
Then dig down and find more coal in the ground, it's quite common

Clio
Make a wooden pickaxe -> get stone -> make furnace -> burn wood in furnace -> result = charcoal

Plant trees seeds for more wood
Then dig down and find more coal in the ground, it's quite common
Ohhhhh furnace. Not made one of them yet.

Will try it.

A4 Avant & A3
I should be working.. but I'm sat now looking at the IGN minecraft guides...
trying to find something my kids don't know how to do to look cool lol

Clio
Did you build that?

I bought it for the One on the way home last night, kicked the Mrs out the living room and then got on it. Built myself a box room with a bed, furnace and crafting table. Collected loads of wood and then dug a mine from my house. Got s**t loads of cobblestone and little bits of coal, iron, gold and diamonds. Ohhhhhh then I looked at the clock and it was 1:30am.

I'm going exploring tonight.

Clio
Since the little small one got her Xbox for xmas we're back playing about on Minecraft with our own little survival world. Having great fun with her annoying the hell out of me talking about Stumpy or Stompy or whatever his name is.

Such a bad dad, even told her over xbox live it was bed time the other night and she said don't worry about coming up you carry on looking for diamonds. So I did.

Anyone know of any good online guides for using redstone?

A4 Avant & A3
Stampy.... glad my kids have got bored of him now!... that Laugh oh that laugh!!!.
It's all about DanTDM now.
Although to be fair, DanTDM brought out a book end of last year & it's the only time my eldest has willingly picked up & read a whole book..
As for minecraft guides.. I dunno, never used this redstone stuff.

My 9 year old is always on a game called Roblox now.. the youngest still likes minecraft and is always wanting me to play it with him, but I like doing the 'proper' survival game whereas he cheats (creative)... I do try but he keeps ruining MY buildings... lol