ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone else play Minecraft?

20120529223129qty.png

20120529223053.png

Our Olympicesque stadium is coming together slowly but surely :D

Mito Sportiva 135
Are people playing this on Xbox or PC? Really like the idea but scared the Xbox version will be a bit limited?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I have PC version and it sounds like XBox is very limited in comparison.

XBox you need the host logged on to play on the same map, and on PC you need a server which costs £ per month. PC maps are unlimited though... Which sounds mental, but apparently it just keeps generating map as you explore!!

Goliath I
My lord this is an addictive game. I was playing it anyway but we bought it for my son who is 8, as we don't really play many games together and spent 5 hours on it yesterday!

Built a MASSIVE pyramid... rollercoaster... Now attempting a death star...

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Lol.

Currently halfway through building a massive nuclear sub in Voltz. Well, I say half way, I mean about 1/10th of the way lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I decided not to as I'd have to feed it every now and then. The Voltz reactors aren't hard to build though, so I may do a reactor powered version. This one has a huge bank of advanced battery boxes with infinite cells in them so there's enough power to last a lifetime.

It does however have 12 fully functional ICBM launchers, complete with radar station etc. Still plenty of machinery left to put in but it's coming on!

MCEdit schematic is available ;)

If anybody with a PS3 (don't know about PS4..) wants to lose any life they have, it's now available on PSN.

I noticed it the other day. Had never touched it before, but I've ploughed hours into it already and I've hardly done anything.

But it's bloody brilliant.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
A few of us recently got back into this on Xbox. Is limited but easier as A- we all have Xbox's and B- We dont need a gaming PC/Server to f**k around.

Yaris Hybrid
I never got into the creative side of it.

I rent a small 12 man server just for my brother and I and we play it on survival mode on the hard setting. Just the plain vanilla version with no mods. We play to our own strict rules such as not building anything that looks unrealistic (e.g. would collapse in real life) and we don't allow mud houses or bridges etc. Also no cheating with admin commands to get saddles or other rarer objects.

We actually started playing on the Xbox originally but that was very limited and the world was on my brothers Xbox which prevented me playing when he wasn't around.

Anyway this year I have spent more time on Minecraft than any other game with the exception of WoW. It is the type of game I just keep going back to.

Monaro VXR
Have a small FTB server running at all times. Just run it fro my home media machine. Such a light load and the connection can easily handle 20 players if need be.

Much prefer FTB to vanilla though.

I've been trying FTB recently but it's just too complicated. Spend half my time looking through the recipes. Most of the stuff seems unnecessary to me. Although I do love having a jetpack and diamond chests. I prefer the creative side of vanilla tbh. Although it can get a bit boring at times

I think I'm hooked. I've now got a big house in the side of a hill, a ton of anally-labelled chests and crafting benches etc, a handy oak orchard (how is it possible that I got 26 saplings from 5 trees??), and a passage to the underground in my basement.

I've watched a fair few yogscast vids over the years so I like to think I know what I'm doing. In reality I haven't really got a clue.

Seriously addictive stuff though. And to think I sneered at it ages ago.

I think I'm hooked. I've now got a big house in the side of a hill, a ton of anally-labelled chests and crafting benches etc, a handy oak orchard (how is it possible that I got 26 saplings from 5 trees??), and a passage to the underground in my basement.

I've watched a fair few yogscast vids over the years so I like to think I know what I'm doing. In reality I haven't really got a clue.

Seriously addictive stuff though. And to think I sneered at it ages ago.

I did the same before I played it, then I wasted FAR too many hours on it :p

172, Focus
I'm a big yogscast fan, loved shadow of israphel, tekkit, voltz, yoglabs and garrys mod too.

Trucking Tuesday was a great series of videos, though I think they've run out of glitchy truck games to play.
I'm currently watching the moonquest series which is pretty awesome, I've only just started to play minecraft on ps3 and I hope for some cool updates, though I appreciate it won't be as moddable as the pc version.

Arctic 182
Don't play it myself but watch a lot of HatFilms stuff on YouTube. They are doing Skyblock with Sips at the min & also Feed The Beast. Love the idea of building & playing but not into PC gaming that much.

Is anyone else playing The Madpack on the AT Launcher? If you watch Twitch at all, you probably will be. It's like FTB but seriously scary lol. You can die so easily

Not a 320d
Good god hasnt MC changed. It seems that literally every server is NOT vanilla and the ones that are suck.

All thats left are grief proof, white listed servers that require 30 mins of brain power and tutorials to get started!!

I installed a griefing client before i even opened the game up and ive been hunting down peoples chests and breaking things.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I'm a bit late to the party with this, but I played the demo last night.

It's really difficult to get your head around at first, and I found surviving my first night really really difficult. Especially as the demo world seems so sparse.

I am debating whether it's worth paying the £17 for the proper version of it? I can see the full version being a bit better. I can also see it getting addictive but i'm just not sure?

Nippy white cup
I'm a bit late to the party with this, but I played the demo last night.

It's really difficult to get your head around at first, and I found surviving my first night really really difficult. Especially as the demo world seems so sparse.

I am debating whether it's worth paying the £17 for the proper version of it? I can see the full version being a bit better. I can also see it getting addictive but i'm just not sure?

I remember mocking people who were playing it when it came out on the Xbox...then I tried the demo and was addicted! Its great for just chilling on in creative mode and there is pretty much no limits to what you can build if you have the imagination and patience

Not a 320d
Server I was on was a little strange. Thought id create a nazi crop farm at the bottom of the earth to annoy the mods.

Mod turns up wearing a KKK outfit, thinks its awesome, gives me creative so I can finish it off.

2014-06-05_163507_zpsbcd7d839.png

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Can you speak to players that are around you then? Does it get easier to get your head around the more you play it? i.e I died a load of times, and also had no idea what order to combine things to craft them. IT's actually quite difficult!

Monaro VXR
Get a wiki open as well to help with crafting when starting out.

Needed even more so when you move to mod servers, where some of the items are crazy and can require machines to get the parts to build them.

Just get a basic shelter built day one to help you survive. And try and find sheep, get the wool to make a bed then you can skip past the night.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Can you speak to players that are around you then? Does it get easier to get your head around the more you play it? i.e I died a load of times, and also had no idea what order to combine things to craft them. IT's actually quite difficult!

Yeah, through text chat. When you get more used to it you can get much more inventive - see the submarine I built in Voltz - and it's definitely much easier.