ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Service Provider from these 3...

Leon Cupra R 225
" none "

" sky i have heard conflicting reports so i dunno "

" Virgin are supposedly selling out to someone else.

Sky - stick to tv. "

so 3 people who dont like sky, 1 doesnt like any of those you posted and was about as helpful as a kick in the balls... 1 hasnt used sky and is going on reports from what hes heard or read (i could google virgin and probably find you some horror stories)
and the 3rd guy hasnt given reasons either.

if youve already got sky tv theres only 1 option IMO because noone can match the line speed/price with no usage cap.

it says this on their site when I check for availability my line can support a max speed of 4mbps!! shitter, that's what I'm getting now according to to speedtest.net with orange, well about 3900kbps download speed

Leon Cupra R 225
shame aswell because I selected the tv package I wanted, came to £34 a month plus the broadband at £10 a month for 16 meg unlimited but my line won't support it!!! but it still let's me choose the 16 meg as an option?! what would be the point of that if I can only in reality get 4 meg. grrrrrrrrr, disappointment

Lee

BMW M2C
Sky are massively hit and miss. I know people who have had nothing but trouble with Sky.

I'm with Sky, my ex is with Sky as are my parents. None of us have had any problems at all. I only went for the 8mb connection, and I get my full 8 mb most of the time. For the money (£5 a month on top of my TV package) it can't be beaten.

no problems with sky here, get full 16 meg sometimes but most of the time i hit 10 meg tops

tbh isps are as bad as each other, everyone has good n bad experiences with every one. just go for the cheapest and one that suits you.

Agree with ^^ no problems with Sky and for £10 upto 16meg and no download limit you cant go wrong, I'm getting between 8 and 9 meg, I was with AOL paying £29.99 !!!!! for 8meg and was only getting between 4 and 6 meg and the service at AOL was really bad.

Punto/Clio GTT
" none "

" sky i have heard conflicting reports so i dunno "

" Virgin are supposedly selling out to someone else.

Sky - stick to tv. "

so 3 people who dont like sky, 1 doesnt like any of those you posted and was about as helpful as a kick in the balls... 1 hasnt used sky and is going on reports from what hes heard or read (i could google virgin and probably find you some horror stories)
and the 3rd guy hasnt given reasons either.

if youve already got sky tv theres only 1 option IMO because noone can match the line speed/price with no usage cap.

it says this on their site when I check for availability my line can support a max speed of 4mbps!! s**tter, that's what I'm getting now according to to speedtest.net with orange, well about 3900kbps download speed

tbh it says 4 meg on my number too, this is speed im getting

skyftw.jpg

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Sky it is. Just need to try and wrangle the unlimited downloads with an 8MBs line... hmm...

Leon Cupra R 225
it says this on their site when I check for availability my line can support a max speed of 4mbps!! s**tter, that's what I'm getting now according to to speedtest.net with orange, well about 3900kbps download speed

tbh it says 4 meg on my number too, this is speed im getting

skyftw.jpg

oh really? I do really wana move onto sky but I need an improvement in speed to go with it.

what down speed do you get if you go on www.speedtest.net

?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
^ that website doesnt load Ad.

EDIT : Its coz you've put a z in the link address :)

SDSL is not available.

Virgin Media NOT AVAILABLE
BBE* LLU NOT AVAILABLE
Bulldog LLU NOT AVAILABLE
UK Online NOT AVAILABLE
Pipex NOT AVAILABLE
Sky LLU NOT AVAILABLE
Tiscali LLU NOT AVAILABLE
TalkTalk LLU NOT AVAILABLE
Orange LLU NOT AVAILABLE
Zen LLU NOT AVAILABLE

lol.

Tesla MP3 2021
lol doesnt look like there is alot if LLU going on in your excahnge so that means if you sign up for anyone you are still on BT equipment in the exchange or IP Stream as its called

Tesla MP3 2021
yeah but its techincally not supplied on Sky equipment in the exchange so you wont benefit from any better d/l speeds.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Tried to phone AOL for my mac code and they started with some inane b****cks about their service so I slammed the phone down.

Will try again later when I'm at home lol.

Tesla MP3 2021
is there any better choices on that site for you mate as they have a ratings list and you can review them from there.

Leon Cupra R 225
Just checked mine on that site, did a printscreen but can't upload it to photobucket, internet is playing up uploading!! grr

It says tho

Virgin Media LLU available
Be LLU available
Bulldog LLU available
UK Online LLU available
Sky LLU available
Talk Talk LLU availalbe

"Your line is capable of 4 Mbps or above."

and

"Chislehurst is ADSL enabled up to 8 Mbps."

"ADSL (LLU) is activated on your line."

Is this good?? Can I go for Sky or Be and get decent speeds???!

Leon Cupra R 225
then from that list I choose Be for example, and it displays the 24 meg options... this means I can get it right?

Tesla MP3 2021
^ Yep mate.

Sky and BE LLU is both availible so that means both of their equipment is in your exchange so can you get their top speed from there supply. Also how far away from the exchange are you? this will also have an affect on speed

Leon Cupra R 225
^ Yep mate.

Sky and BE LLU is both availible so that means both of their equipment is in your exchange so can you get their top speed from there supply. Also how far away from the exchange are you? this will also have an affect on speed

It says I'm 2.07Km from the Chislehurst exchange. That seems quite far to me but if your correct and I can get Be at 24 meg or Sky at 16 meg, I'm getting the hell of this 4 meg Orange broadband very soon!!

Leon Cupra R 225
Why can you only get 4Mbs on ADSL? :S

I have no idea? We're on Orange 4 meg a the mo, and speedtests have shown constant 3900kbps avg download speed so the equipment is working fine.

We asked to upgrade to 8 but they said it would cost £25 or something, so I thought I'd look into our availability to getting something quick like Sky 16mbps or Be 24mbps

Tesla MP3 2021
^ Yep mate.

It says I'm 2.07Km from the Chislehurst exchange. That seems quite far to me but if your correct and I can get Be at 24 meg or Sky at 16 meg, I'm getting the hell of this 4 meg Orange broadband very soon!!

you can go onto that service but becuase you are a good distance from the exchange then you may only see about 18 / 19 Mb from be and about 13 / 14Mb from Sky because of the distance from the exchange (those figures are well ball park lol you are best to ring them indiviudally and get a proper test done and they should be able to tell you a better speed)

Tesla MP3 2021
see i am 680 meters from my exchange and Be said that i should see around 20 - 22 Mbs which is good enough for me :)

Leon Cupra R 225

you can go onto that service but becuase you are a good distance form the exchange then you may only see about 18 / 19 Mb from be and about 13 / 14Mb from Sky because of the distance from the exchange (those figures are well ball park lol you are best to ring them indiviudally and get a proper test done and they shoudl be able to tell you a better speed)

18/19 meg would be rather nice though seeing as I've never been on more than 4... our Orange service is also £18 a month and Be lite is £14 I see, but if we get sky tv, I could get the sky 16 meg unlimited for £10 a month.... decisions decisions! :)

nice to know I have options, that dslzoneuk.net is a great sight for broadband solutions. cheers for the advice mate

Leon Cupra R 225
see i am 680 meters from my exchange and Be said that i should see around 20 - 22 Mbs which is good enough for me :)

what's 680 meters in km? I'll prob give them a ring in a while see what potential speeds our line can reach. hopefully near the 20 meg mark

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Sky Broadband also has a Fair Usage Policy I'm told. But dont know what it is. I think I downloaded over 90GB of stuff with AOL over the past month.

Tesla MP3 2021
There are always load of options and thats what confuses alot of people. That site is good and has always helped me out.

My Dad is actually going to migrate from AOL to Sky when he is back of Holiday simply to benefit from the cheaper price of combining our current Sky HD package with the 16Mb broadband for an extra £10 and that is going to be good enough for him - decent speed and no caps :)

I have always had a cable feed but with the advantage of an extra BT line i thought i would take full advantage of the Be supply all for my self :)

Tesla MP3 2021
Sky Broadband also has a Fair Usage Policy I'm told. But dont know what it is. I think I downloaded over 90GB of stuff with AOL over the past month.

all companies have a fair usage policy even Be. Its wat they write in them that counts lol ;)

Leon Cupra R 225

90GB in a month? How many external hard drives do you own lol

Punto/Clio GTT
i download at least 80 gig per month upto like 150 gig sometimes. never had a warning letter or email.

i was with bt for 12 months, limit was 40 gig.

one month i went 42 gig i think it was and they wrote me an email telling me about upgraded packages (i was already on top package) and that if i went over again it would be £1 per 2 gig. another reason why i changed from bt

Tesla MP3 2021
i download at least 80 gig per month upto like 150 gig sometimes. never had a warning letter or email.

i was with bt for 12 months, limit was 40 gig.

one month i went 42 gig i think it was and they wrote me an email telling me about upgraded packages (i was already on top package) and that if i went over again it would be £1 per 2 gig. another reason why i changed from bt

those figures are probably just below what ISP's class as fair usuage ;) haha