ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Service Provider from these 3...

Punto/Clio GTT
i think the only thing that annoys me (probably same with most other isps) is the poor upload speed. i like to share files and it takes a while to get my dl/up ratio upto scratch :(

Punto/Clio GTT
i download at least 80 gig per month upto like 150 gig sometimes. never had a warning letter or email.

i was with bt for 12 months, limit was 40 gig.

one month i went 42 gig i think it was and they wrote me an email telling me about upgraded packages (i was already on top package) and that if i went over again it would be £1 per 2 gig. another reason why i changed from bt

those figures are probably just below what ISP's class as fair usuage ;) haha

lol sweet

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
It'll be 17 quid a month then scutchie as you'll be on "Sky Connect". Mid and Max are only available on LLU exchanges.

Leon Cupra R 225
jeez, you guys are heavy downloaders compared to me. I'm no where near filling my 250GB hard drive on my Dell yet!

Still, if I switch to Be/Sky, that may change ;)

Tesla MP3 2021
i think the only thing that annoys me (probably same with most other isps) is the poor upload speed. i like to share files and it takes a while to get my dl/up ratio upto scratch :(

Be has one of the best u/p speeds around, upto 1.3Mb :)

Punto/Clio GTT
tbh it says 4 meg on my number too, this is speed im getting

skyftw.jpg

oh really? I do really wana move onto sky but I need an improvement in speed to go with it.

what down speed do you get if you go on www.speedtest.net

?

9186 down
625 up

but from the speeds on the pic i posted you can see its 16meg.

sky says my line is 4meg, and that dsl link someone posted it says 6.5

Punto/Clio GTT
jeez, you guys are heavy downloaders compared to me. I'm no where near filling my 250GB hard drive on my Dell yet!

i had a 200 gig harddrive in my last pc, bought a new one few weeks ago, installed vista, put my music/games and films on and ide hit 160 gb. had to buy a new 500 gig harddrive and im still burning stuff off as i get it lol.

high broadband speed rocks, i think if i ever was made to go back to 1 meg or 2 meg ide commit suicide.

Leon Cupra R 225

i had a 200 gig harddrive in my last pc, bought a new one few weeks ago, installed vista, put my music/games and films on and ide hit 160 gb. had to buy a new 500 gig harddrive and im still burning stuff off as i get it lol.

high broadband speed rocks, i think if i ever was made to go back to 1 meg or 2 meg ide commit suicide.

bugger me! I have some serious catching up to do.... think I'll have to get Be, simply for the highest speed available.

Lol, I'm on 4 meg right now and 1 meg would feel like dial up!! sod that, ever again, EVER.

Tesla MP3 2021

lol i think you should a 56k modem back in and see how you cope ;)

Leon Cupra R 225

lol i think you should a 56k modem back in and see how you cope ;)

:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:clown::clown::clown::clown::clown::clown::clown:

Tesla MP3 2021

bugger me! I have some serious catching up to do.... think I'll have to get Be, simply for the highest speed available.

Lol, I'm on 4 meg right now and 1 meg would feel like dial up!! sod that, ever again, EVER.

i think you should get Be also ;)

give them a call and see what speeds you are looking at.

Also the service from them is going to be far better than Sky.

I ordered mine yesterday and it is going live on the 10th, now that's pretty quick!!!!!

Punto/Clio GTT
i have heard lots of people going with be, everyone raving about it. wont be long before it steadily declines like the others. theyre all money grabbers at the end of the day.

Leon Cupra R 225

gieb them a call and see what speeds you are looking at.

Also the service from them is going to be far better that Sky.

I ordered mine yesterday and it is going live on the 10th, now that's pretty quick!!!!!

indeed. I'll give them a ring soon, my dad is working from home today and is hogging the landline at the mo :dapprove:

did you order Be or Sky?

Leon Cupra R 225
i have heard lots of people going with be, everyone raving about it. wont be long before it steadily declines like the others. theyre all money grabbers at the end of the day.

true. imo all of the ISP's get slower over time, there really is no right or wrong when comparing the top ISP's available in your area, so many factors influence the overall connection

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It'll be 17 quid a month then scutchie as you'll be on "Sky Connect". Mid and Max are only available on LLU exchanges.

I dont mind about the £17 pm, its the unlimited downloads I want. Can I blag that too or is it fixed at 40GB :(

I'd know more if they gave a f*cking phone number to contact them

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

I dont mind about the £17 pm, its the unlimited downloads I want. Can I blag that too or is it fixed at 40GB :(

Fixed as it's just normal BT provisioned broadband.

Tesla MP3 2021

gieb them a call and see what speeds you are looking at.

Also the service from them is going to be far better that Sky.

indeed. I'll give them a ring soon, my dad is working from home today and is hogging the landline at the mo :dapprove:

did you order Be or Sky?

i going with Be matey:), my dad is going to Sky

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

But I'm on unlimited with AOL? Tiscali offer unlimited too, 8Mbs for £17.99. Ahh f*ck me.

Tesla MP3 2021

But I'm on unlimited with AOL? Tiscali offer unlimited too, 8Mbs for £17.99. Ahh f*ck me.

Well that is down to AOL and Tiscali, they charge a similar price for a uncapped service but the speed is always going to be slower. It is more cost affect for a company to have LLU thats why they can offer superb deals like free calls, free boradband and so on..........

Tesla MP3 2021

true. imo all of the ISP's get slower over time, there really is no right or wrong when comparing the top ISP's available in your area, so many factors influence the overall connection

If you read up on Be there main point / focus is broadband so they are going to try and supply the best at all times. yes i admit at present because they are not overloaded as shuch then things are looking good but as time goes on and more people sign up then things could alter but i hope not......

Leon Cupra R 225

If you read up on Be there main point / focus is broadband so they are going to try and supply the best at all times. yes i admit at present because they are not overloaded as shuch then things are looking good but as time goes on and more people sign up then thinkgs could alter but i hope not......

Valid point. I also hope that the speed doesn't alter with time.

Still, for now, anyone else reading this, Be Broadband is poop, you really don't wana sign up ;)

Tesla MP3 2021
no but they are getting good ratings!!!! and they have took Be's 5th place slot lol ;)

Fabia vRS
no but they are getting good ratings!!!! and they have took Be's 5th place slot lol ;)

they are an entanet reseller. you will be throttled to around 2mb when the pipes get hot. go read up on thinkbroadband.com forums and ask some people who are already on an enta provider how it works, i think between 10pm and midnight is when it gets throttled down.