ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blu-Ray vs HD-DVD @ CES

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
Heh, nice hook.. i aint biting..

Just out of curiosity do you have a 360 HD-DVD drive ? just wondering why you were in the HD-DVD camp.

never bought one actually. Just have my reasons for not liking sony and their sheer arrogance trying to push their format on the consumer.

PLUS HD-DVD is cheaper to produce, easier to crack blah blah blah :)

dk

911 GTS Cab
Whoops, I said this would happen;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7187179.stm

Doesnt affect PS3's though.

Another kick in the balls for the consumer, and the players arn't exactly cheap either!
this has been known about for ever though and the kind of people that have adopted this technology early should be the kind of people to do research and know about this kind of thing.

Its one reason why I definitely bought a PS3 in the knowledge that all these worries over bluray profiles would not be a problem.

Its not that big a deal anyway, the internet stuff is normally pants anyway and who watches a film for the first time with PiP and then how likely are you to watch the film again just to watch the PiP?

Its all geared up for the hard core fans anyway, i'm pretty hardcore with movies (not talking about the blue ones here;)) but i rarely watch the PiP on HD-DVD as i want to watch the film!

Yes but rumour has it the 1.0 profile players wont even boot the new discs! Agree about the pip thing (and lot of other feaures), I just buy the discs for the films not the extras which sometimes I dont even look at!

MKIII 138
ps3 has exellent mp3,atrac decoding cd upsampling etc.. its got 24fp 1080p BD picture and its stunning, its also hdmi and true hd and a games console + movie downloader all in one.. err its put me off buying hd-dvd !

Citroen DS3 DSport
Even the p**n studios are ditching HD-DVD

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/29361/Now-HD-DVD-is-losing-the-p**n-war