ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonxys 2nd Baked Bean

Looking very nice. Not seen many of this colour before, I wasn't keen originally but it's growing on me!
I think I'm gunna go down the road of a fabia splitter soon. Like you said, small bit of plastic changes the look so much

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Looking very nice. Not seen many of this colour before, I wasn't keen originally but it's growing on me!
I think I'm gunna go down the road of a fabia splitter soon. Like you said, small bit of plastic changes the look so much

Cheers mate!!!

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Quick Update

I bought an RS Tuner off a member on here called Muld.

Great communication from him and very fast postage.

Anyways, i put the 98 RON map on my bean. Totally standard bar the exhaust.

Well, what a difference it makes. The more torque bottom end is brilliant and i love the noise at top end revs now.

Surprisingly aswell, im getting much better MPG. So all in all, its brilliant!

FCS

Also, here are two pics from FCS of her.

5801023363_bbce9bb54d_b.jpg

5801579420_5224e32874_b.jpg

Thanks, Sam!

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Cars still looking great Sam :approve: How was FCS ??

Is the RS tuner easy to use ?? I had originally thought to get one too but as im not very good with computers figgered it may be to complex :S

Jay

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Been a year since i updated this thread so i thought i'd chuck some pictures in and say what ive done. My car just ticked over 80,000 miles the other day. Ive done 51,000 since i bought it in January 2011. (Working away from home and doing nearly 600 miles per week does rack up the miles! :p)

Shes has had various oil changes and other little things done to her when she needed it but other than that, nothing!

Camping - April, 2012

Quick pic from when me and some mates went camping to Pickering.

6908354292_52b68155a6_z.jpg

DSC_0296 by Bonxy, on Flickr

Whitby Run - May, 2012

We had not had a meet in 2012 yet, so i organised a meet with a few friends that i have met off here from over the years and we decided to have a run up to Whitby for some fish and chips and some photos.

7148653963_fc906867d6_z.png

My Bean by Bonxy, on Flickr

7148650935_390397f1f7_z.png

Renault Sports by Bonxy, on Flickr

7002556768_75d23160e6_z.png

Bean & Megane by Bonxy, on Flickr

7148647663_3b19c3e705_z.png

Baked Bean by Bonxy, on Flickr

7148635277_a8c209d92b_z.png

You can see the rest of the pictures here: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjzK2xNg

FCS, June 2012

So it was that time of year again. I always look forward to FCS, not for the car show, althought this year it was at a different location so it was a bit more interesting, but for the piss up.

Every year we go mad and end up having one hell of a night out. It was Craig Davis birthday this year which was a great excuse to party even harder.

Anyways, back to FCS. Here are a few pictures that i took on the day.

7434555036_a53e9ddaa8_z.png

B20 NXY by Bonxy, on Flickr

7408157788_83d0ae4828_z.png

B20 NXY by Bonxy, on Flickr

Didnt snap many but Cadab snapped one.

7393222270_7303ac7bee_z.jpg

B20 NXY by cadab, on Flickr

Today, July 2012

I still love my little clio and she hasnt put a foot wrong in my 19 months of ownership.

Here is a few pictures i took today. (They might be a bit rubbish as i used my blackberry!)

She looks very dirty whilst on my driveway.

7528530704_9350a341a7_z.png

She needs a new drivers side fog light as its collecting water! :(

7528529350_e0c9c6f06b_z.png

Crack Fog Light by Bonxy, on Flickr

I never got a wheel refurb that i said i was going to as ive always had the car but recently i hit a pot hole at about 30 mph and it blew the tyre and put a massive dent in the drivers side front alloy.

7528528474_48f563ce0e_z.png

Curbed Wheel by Bonxy, on Flickr

Also, the passenger side front alloy doesnt look the best...

7528529956_ba542f6540_z.png

Curbed Wheel by Bonxy, on Flickr​

Future Plans

Regarding the list of 'Future Plans' that i posted in the first post Im going to have to add a few more to get the car looking good again! I have completed a few of them though!

• Put my old SS Janspeed cat back exhaust on.
  • Wheel refurb, probs make the colour a bit darker.
  • New splitter.
  • New tyres.
  • Upgrade the brakes. (Dont know what yet. Thinking brembo disks.)
  • Recaro Bucket Seats
  • Source a new passenger side fog light.
  • Sort stone chips out on front end.
  • Get windscreen re-sealed.
  • New tyres.
  • Sort rattling cat.

Hopefully i might get around to updating this a bit faster than i did this time!

Thanks, Sam!

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Still looks great Sam, will have to sort another Inferno meet sometime ;)

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Re: Smashed Window

Today, July 2012

Another update that i didnt want to merge into the last as its not the best! :(

I was woken this morning by the girlfriends mother for her to tell me that my car window had been smashed! I jumped out of bed and looked out of the window and saw that my drivers door window had been smashed! :cry:

I didnt take any pictures as i was thinking more about getting it fixed. I posted a quick thread in the wanter section and Daveski came to my rescue.

He said he had a drivers door glass spare and that i could have it for free. So off i went to nottingham with the missus to pick up the glass. On my way there i got a call off Dave to say he had to pop out but he would leave it behind the bins.

Couldnt have asked for anything more from him. A real god send when in need. Ill be tracking him down at CSS to give him some beer tokens!

Anyways, once i had picked it up i got back and started fitting it!

I had never fitted a window before, but thought to myself that it couldnt be that hard, and in fairness, it wasnt!

7528533286_9deee5749b_z.png

Window Break by Bonxy, on Flickr

Glass was everywhere but i left this for later. I wanted to make sure i could get the window in!

I stripped all the rubber surround, doorcard and speaker off and then slid the glass in!

New glass off Dave.

7528917940_f9eee88ab9_z.png

Once i slid the glass in, i hooked it onto the support bar and then slid the holding clip on. (Holding clip is the yellow/peachy coloured plastic!)

7528533892_e2121b3fe9_z.png

The holding clip is the white bit of plastic!

7528534466_e79fc3f1f4_z.png

I was so surprised at how easy it was to fit. Once i had got to this stage, i just had to get the rubber seals back on, and then i'd be up and running.

7528532682_15b5af17ee_z.png

7528531640_4801d25615_z.png

Once i got all the rubber stip back on, i hoovered all the glass out and then put the doorcard and speaker back together.

The rubber strip that went all around the door now looks cr4p in my opinion. It got all twisted and bent when removing it so i think im going to try and find a new one!

Anyone got one ? PM Me!

Anyways, this is what it looks like now!

7528526286_5e71184e38_z.png

7528527138_0ab11c0604_z.png

7528527820_e15d9459a9_z.png

You can see from the photo how bumpy it looks and i even tried to flatten them down but i still dont like it.

Ill hopefully have better luck next time! :)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
apply some heat to the seal mate and then softy smooth it back back out. ( i did mine with a rubber mallet after i did the same with mine )

all with the window down !

should look okay after this but it'll still look abit bummpy.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
apply some heat to the seal mate and then softy smooth it back back out. ( i did mine with a rubber mallet after i did the same with mine )

all with the window down !

should look okay after this but it'll still look abit bummpy.

Might try this if i cant find one online.

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
You went to Nottingham from Teeside? There are loads on breakers in Peterlee area and the famous Chris also.

Will most likely get a mint rubber strip from either also. :)

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
You went to Nottingham from Teeside? There are loads on breakers in Peterlee area and the famous Chris also.

Will most likely get a mint rubber strip from either also. :)

I was in Doncaster when it got smashed.

I did text Chris as I thought he'd have one which I was going to get if I didn't get one down here.

Didn't fancy driving home cos known my luck it would rain. Ha.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Daveski's a nice guy, got me out of an issue with a cheap exhaust when i needed one.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Nice mate, given me another idea, never considered a bean before!

That alloy will need more than a refurb though :| probably needs scrapping and replacing mate

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice mate, given me another idea, never considered a bean before!

That alloy will need more than a refurb though :| probably needs scrapping and replacing mate

Ano. I might just source 2 mint ones for the front, cos the back ones dont have a mark on them.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Little Weekend Upate

Rang Renparts mid week and bought a few items for the bean.

Got a new fog light and window seal for a very reasonable price.

Picked them up and tried to get them fitted.

The fog light was easy enough but then the weather turned crap so i didnt get the window seal done.

We had a little meet tonight which you can see here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?653583-NEMM-The-Big-One

This is how she looked today.

7671793072_3f64e6f35c_c.jpg

Plans

• Put my old SS Janspeed cat back exhaust on.
  • Wheel refurb, probs make the colour a bit darker.
  • New splitter.
  • New tyres.
  • Upgrade the brakes. (Dont know what yet. Thinking brembo disks.)
  • Recaro Bucket Seats
  • Source a new drivers side fog light.
  • Sort stone chips out on front end.
  • Get windscreen re-sealed.
  • New tyres.
  • Sort rattling cat.

At least i got one more thing ticked off. :)

Sam!

Last edited by a moderator:

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Looks great that Sam, its coming along nicely :approve: Wish i could have made the meet on sunday but hopefully mine will be sorted in time for the next one.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers.

She doesnt look to bad at the moment. Got another little update to write in a second. More orange-ness going on! :D