ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broadband Suppliers

Fiesta ST
I'm moving into my NEW house on Friday and the local exchange isn't unbundled so I'm stuck for broadband choice.

Narrowed it down to these 4: thoughts?

Sky BB 8mbs 40gig £17 + £10 (sky) Line Rental = £27

Pipex 8mbs 30gig £20 + £10.50 (BT) Line Rental = £30.50

Virgin 8mbs Unlimited £15 + £10.50 (BT) Line Rental = £25.50

Post Office 8mbs Unlimited £26 (inc line rental) = £26

172 Cup
Go for the cheapest.. They're all BT Wholesale products so price (and any caps) aside they're all the same.

Polo Bluemotion
Im not 100%, but isnt Virgin, cable only??? I chose Virgin for the simple reason i didnt need to pay line rental,as i dnt need a phone line as i simply use my mobile. I pay £10 month, all in. I looked at other providers, but like u say, u need a bt line aswell, which doubles the price!

172 Cup
Im not 100%, but isnt Virgin, cable only??? I chose Virgin for the simple reason i didnt need to pay line rental,as i dnt need a phone line as i simply use my mobile. I pay £10 month, all in. I looked at other providers, but like u say, u need a bt line aswell, which doubles the price!

Nope. They provide cable and ADSL.

172 Cup
Lets be realistic they've all got limits.. Some are open and upfront about it and others aren't..

DO NOT touch pipex with a bargepole! shower of crooks. just search the net to find out what i mean.
im waiting on my mac code from them and will be going with newnet, not the cheapest but there is no 12 month contract with no cancellation fee if you do cancel b4 12 months (alot of the 1 month min contract deals dont mention the 50 or 60 quid fee for this)) and they do not traffic shape or throttle

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
but yeah agree with above about pipex, robbing b******s, still trying to bill me more than 2 years after i terminated contract lol

those are all terrible so it makes no difference who you choose tbh :)

I disagree. Sky is based on the Easynet network.
I've had my fairshare of problems with Easynet connections, but in general, it is better than most.

172 Cup
those are all terrible so it makes no difference who you choose tbh :)

I disagree. Sky is based on the Easynet network.
I've had my fairshare of problems with Easynet connections, but in general, it is better than most.

Sky's LLU service is provided using Easynet's network but don't forget Sky also offer a service over IPStream for those not covered by Easynet which is what the OP was refering to.

Fiesta ST
www.bethere.co.uk won't work on that exchange.

Sky is only available If I get sky TV aswell (don't want sky tv yet - trying to keep the pennies down)

I'm leaning towards Virgin Media's ADSL? seems a ok deal for unlimited?

Looking around the internet everyone has had problems with someone along the line.

Audi S3 225
DO NOT go with pipex u will regret it for the whole 12 months u are locked into their contract, worst bb company in the world, go with sky they are awsome.

Weeman sucks ****
I'm on virgin and ever since they became virgin media THEY ARE AWFUL!! Customer service is shocking and my so called 2 mb is running at about fcuk all all of the time. As soon as I can I'm out. Might get the cheapo sky package when we get sky+.

If anyone at virgin are listening...take yourselves outside and don't come back into work!!