ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car pulling to the left and steering wheel not dead center

Meg 300Cup
Hi, My steering wheel has been slightly off center since i bought the car, ive had the tracking done and all the pressures are correct but the car seems to be pulling to the left, any ideas what the problem could be?

Cheers

Clio 172
I have the exact same thing with my Clio. I haven't got around to sorting it yet, but to track a car's front wheels there are two bars one connected to the right wheel and one on the left both connected to the steering rack. When aligning the wheels these are lengthened or shortened depending on which way the cars wheels are off. So basically all you need to do is jack the front of the car up and in my case the steering wheel is off centre to the left i would need to shorten the left and lengthen the right. This needs to be done equally if the cars wheels are aligned to keep them aligned as in 1 turn to shorten the left side one turn to lengthen the right. That will straighten the steering wheel they should do this when you are getting it tracked so you can ask them.

Im my case there is a pull to the left as well but when i got an NCT fount that the rear wheels where the problem. Haven't looked into getting them sorted, i think that they might not be able to be adjusted anyway.

Hope this helps let me know how you get on.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Was it laser alignment? Always worth the extra coin IMO.

Tread depth? leaky shocks?