ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 16v Mk1 1993 Megane 225 Powered

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Nope Andy holed a piston down at Rockingham by letting it run lean. He's since rebuilt the engine and has it running again now.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
WOW!!! Only just seen this...Defo need more pics, detail etc..1st of it's kind?!

Titanium 182
Nope Andy holed a piston down at Rockingham by letting it run lean. He's since rebuilt the engine and has it running again now.

Shame

Thats 2 years in a row it doesnt like Rockingham, I had to pull him off track last year when the belt slipped!

Andy you have to much money!

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Too much money and a very understanding wife LOL

Yeah from what we can gather it is the first one to be completed and up and running there are a couple mor e in the process of being built at the moment. TBH I'm surprised no one thought of it before.

Looks epic, but did I not hear some chatter about malicious "modifications" being made to the FPR at the last track day? Jords aka F0xy mentioned three of you had serious issues that were a bit . . . amiss?

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Yeah maybe they did, I originally considered it as a tuning option early last year but at the time megs engines were still expensive.

I still cant believe that no ones squeezed the engine and box into a clio.

Trophy Turbo :)
Andy is this still in one piece, just am sure some said to me last week it had gone bang chasing Mr Simon Evo>?

Simon broke it at rockingham the fuel pressure reg had "come loose" like a 13mm lock but come loose the the fpr unound its self all on its own!!!

The car ran lean and blew up.

I have the Police now on the case to search through tthe travel lodge CCTV to see if we can find out who did this, Its not freak accident as its been fine for over a year! the afrs were checked via Scoff the day before and we were runnign low 1Bar boost

This is defo the 1st Convertsion in a mk1 clio in the UK but i think it may have been done in France already unsure tho ive seen in progress photos.

Steve and My self Did the work, Steve well he had the idea the brains, but not the looks ( LOL ) and i did the Mechaincs :) There you go steve get ya Moment of Glory you little ( or big like a matcho man from the village people) Steve is a good lad helped me a lot along this. Ive made a good friend :)

All i can say is the car goes well just need too learn how to drive! Whitley is going to have a few laps in it next Track day too see what he thinks :)

If it breaks ill simply fix it again! If i crash on track ill just fix it, Its only money and my wife hates it shes looking forward to taking a hammer to it :)

Oh and leeroy Simon thinks its Rawerer and fatser that the evo

ITB'd MK1
Simon broke it at rockingham the fuel pressure reg had "come loose" like a 13mm lock but come loose the the fpr unound its self all on its own!!!

The car ran lean and blew up.

I have the Police now on the case to search through tthe travel lodge CCTV to see if we can find out who did this, Its not freak accident as its been fine for over a year! the afrs were checked via Scoff the day before and we were runnign low 1Bar boost

I'd get a fixed pressure regulator TBH, adjustable ones are just unreliable and change the pressure they give randomly (especially FSE)

s**t of someone to undo the lock nuts if that's what's happened :(

alien green rs133
im not fully clued up on the setup, but my little car seems to have the fuel pressure regulated at the tank, either that or it just keeps pumping, as there is no return :S

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Mate your setup has the fuel pressure regulator attached to your pump sender unit, all it does is bleed excess pressure off straight back into the tank rather than pumping it all the way to the fuel rail, then all the way back to the tank.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Na I don't anymore. That phone got lost on new years eve and some crettan stole it. Keep an eye for a rolling shell aswell for me.

172 cup
Im doing the same conversion to my 172 cup, i could do with a bit of advice please. What fuel rail did you use or how did you modify it for a return pipe?

Steve, the fuel rail is a Megane 225, the Fuel return is very simple, You insert a T piece in the fuel in pipe, that runs too the fuel rale givving it fuel, and then the left over t pipe run the regulator then from there too the tank.

Easy Peasy may be not describded very well but pm me

Steve, the fuel rail is a Megane 225, the Fuel return is very simple, You insert a T piece in the fuel in pipe, that runs too the fuel rale givving it fuel, and then the left over t pipe run the regulator then from there too the tank.

Easy Peasy may be not describded very well but pm me

The Cup won't have a tank return. I think he'll need to fit a fuel collector/pump/pickup thingy from a PH1 with the regulator on the fuel rail. I don't know, but I'll guess that the PH1 doohicky with fit in a PH2 tank....

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
wow! i want to read more.. looks like a great option for getting power out of a clio.......at last.

Well after some Scoffy Scoff Of the Scoffster Doc Spoc, Arriving on Saturday i am pleased to say that the engine this time is mapped to a safe and fun level, ive always pushed for the max out of the car but this time i asked him to hold it back to a super safe level, The Mapping went very very very well and were now pushing 1.2Bar of Boost and i estimate the power outcome will be around 270Hp With bags of Torque, The Torque matters! Its Very fast the cars never felt so good EVER.

I have loads of photos i need to sort and upload, we have been sorting out the inside now as it was looking a little grubby, and a few electric Gremlins like the sidelights would not work, so been sorting that but ive been poorly the last few days so ive not done much my self, Mitch has been working on it