ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 16v Mk1 1993 Megane 225 Powered

This is definately one quick car lol, pulls away with ease on the straights as it should! You make an appearance at 5m56s..

20100814172606.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Great Vid Jord, I took Andys car out for a few laps and can confirm it was an animal, loved wheel spinning past people in 5th gear LOL

Yeah, could see it twitching as he pulled away on the straights a few times when I was behind lol. Should be interesting to do a trackday in the dry!

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Yeah, it'll definatley fly in the dry. Don't think we crossed paths on track Jord but if you come across any footage of me a heads up would be much appreciated. Whilst I was slow to find my feet in the morning by mid afternoon I felt as though I'd got to grips with both the track and the car and was going OK, especially for how bloody wet it was :)

BMW M5 & E36
I was about to get a drive of the thing, then the Williams/16v decided it was a good time to roll on the straight so I got no further than the pitlane!

I know we've been saying it all year, but 'next time'! Glad it completed the day, makes a nice change :)

225 mine over the winter please?

Yeah, it'll definatley fly in the dry. Don't think we crossed paths on track Jord but if you come across any footage of me a heads up would be much appreciated. Whilst I was slow to find my feet in the morning by mid afternoon I felt as though I'd got to grips with both the track and the car and was going OK, especially for how bloody wet it was :)

Dont think I did :( I think I came past you in some of the footage just as you were turning into the paddock, thats about it lol.

Fiesta ST-3
Awesome video that jord, some good driving in there!! Also that picture of Andy's car below the video looks AMAZING! Top work Andy

182cup/D40/Hornet

I can confirm it was going 'ok' even with 17st of ballast in lol!!

Trophy Turbo :)
Well i have done a track day in the dry at croft with soem r888s on and it dont have go well.

I think ive worked out why the car handles liek s**t one damper was on megga soft and the other megga hard!!!! hummmm, could this too with my "fpr" changing its self too as i didnt touch the dampers they were both set to medium, they cant adjust there selves!!

here is a photo :)

IMG_9855DesktopResolution-1.gif

alien green rs133
funny you should mention dampers, my leda's ajust them selves :( same issue one hard one soft, some createn must have crawled under my car :(

dont even need to mention how much i love this car anymore.

Well after suffering from a "rattle" loose Exhaust Studs we have just got the new Studs and locking bolts, Lets hope this reolves the issue, We didnt have any issue apart from the last track day down at Croft.

Never the Less Ill report back ASP.

We have Just Spoke to AST and they are making our new top mounts for us, as the inserts we got with the kit, dont fit correctly, What a bloke he is

Mk1 F4R
Cars looking good on the gold williams wheels andy, did you have them on at mallory cant remember seeing them
so no real prblems with the car on the trackday

Cars looking good on the gold williams wheels andy, did you have them on at mallory cant remember seeing them
so no real prblems with the car on the trackday

Got the wheels at Mallory mate off matt brown, so we have road wheels and track wheels, we are using the golds as track day wheels, so nt going to get refurbed :)

Qashcow
very impressive car!!

I spoke to a few people about 2 years ago about sticking the meggy engine into my PH1 but at the time the megane engines/parts were too costly. now theyre coming down it can make a bit more sense. I just dont have enough mechanical and electrical know how to make it work though :(

its a bit concerning about the problems with ballbags adjusting the suspension and fpr though

very impressive car!!

I spoke to a few people about 2 years ago about sticking the meggy engine into my PH1 but at the time the megane engines/parts were too costly. now theyre coming down it can make a bit more sense. I just dont have enough mechanical and electrical know how to make it work though :(

its a bit concerning about the problems with ballbags adjusting the suspension and fpr though

The great thing with running aftermarket ECUs is that too get the car up and running is easy!! we had help from a nice guY Chris ( Scoff ) www.Efi-parts.co.uk The electrics isnt that bad, If you have time drop me a pm :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I keep popping past on my way to hartside andy but theres never anyone in the garage, I'm guessing now the little nipper is around the late nights are over?

Let me know when you're around as I'd love to get a go in this monster

Ive been Flat out with Proper Work, no time for my Playig with cars, Since the car has been a good boy no need to be up there, im working on a mates car at the min but mainly weekened :)

Pop up any time Chris :)

PM cleared, I dont like the way it dont tell you its full!

Lee

BMW M2C
Some seriously impressive cars on here at the moment.

Did that used to be grey? I'm sure I ran it for a while when my Trophy was off the road. A friend of mine owned it at the time and let me borrow it.

Well ive been down to see Paul at Rs Tuning @ Leeds today for him to do me a RR print out, i asked him to have a look at the boost controler as my Actulator has been loose and onc ei fixed it it was boosting too 1.6Bar!!!

So after Paul spent some time monitoring the car and tweeking the boot we got a power output.

The 2.25" Exhaust is holing the car back, but i have not got a power figure to work with,

264.7Bhp
299Lbs FT

1.1Bar Boost

I am very happy with the results but i wanted 270! LOL :) Ill pos tthe TRR Graph up later

got soem plans for after october my last track day this year at Bedford. Teh car will be stripped to the bare shell and some serious mods done, to improve the car it self, and do some manintance :)

Winterproject year 3 is go :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
You going to get AAS to knock you up a 2.75 exhaust andy?

I presume that is going to be the best size for the sort of power you're putting out, although you may want to go 3" if there are future projects in the pipeline that may mean it has more horse power ;)

BMW M5 & E36
got soem plans for after october my last track day this year at Bedford. Teh car will be stripped to the bare shell and some serious mods done, to improve the car it self, and do some manintance :)

Winterproject year 3 is go
:)

Do tell :)