ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172/197 forged turbo engine build

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Mike from Mwm popped up today to visit and after a spot of lunch we pushed it round to the other garage where there is a bit more space with the intention of honing the bore and popping in a new piston.

Block is cracked! Not seen that on an f4r before.

Will build a new one with a set of new pistons I think rather than re use the 3 good ones with a new one.

Going to be a bit last minute if I try and make Bedford in it, so will see how I get on with time off work

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
But how will this make Bedford with all the work you need to do on mine ;)

Bad times on cracked block. You can have my spare engine for free if you want. Needs new rings etc due to its 'Tom Tom' map.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Thanks for the offers lads.

I've got a spare block and a spare new set of pistons anyway though.
I ordered one piston initially, but it wasn't quick enough to arrive so I ordered a full set, but then our collapsed housing chain sprung back to life and we moved and since then just not had a chance to touch it.

So I'm ok for bits but Just time to get it done I might be a bit short on.

Still no problem to help you though cub, as during the week when I'm down in London area working im too far from my car to work on it but no drama getting to yours :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Finished this yet? ;)

No mate, got back into the mk1 instead and this is just sat totally neglected, not touched it for months, will be next winter now before I get a chance as got loads of trackdays and a ring trip with the Mk1 and 182, so keeping those going and a few tweaks I want to do to each etc will take my time and money instead.

Jokes aside - what spark plugs are you using for this Chip?

Must confess I cant actually remember what I had in it now, if you nudge me one weekend I will go and look in the big box of bits and see what they were as they were faultless!

No mate, got back into the mk1 instead and this is just sat totally neglected, not touched it for months, will be next winter now before I get a chance as got loads of trackdays and a ring trip with the Mk1 and 182, so keeping those going and a few tweaks I want to do to each etc will take my time and money instead.

I was only jesting, I am looking forward to seeing this mk1!

Must confess I cant actually remember what I had in it now, if you nudge me one weekend I will go and look in the big box of bits and see what they were as they were faultless!

Sounds like a plan, i'll drop you a text this weekend! Ta

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I was only jesting, I am looking forward to seeing this mk1!

I'll have to take you out in it and lob it round a couple of roundabouts or something mate, maybe come a bit early for the next meet or something? it isnt fast like the turbo but its pretty fun on the corners.