ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio going for ITB's tomorrow

Mk2 172
ill be looking at 220 maybe a little more. more torqe and such remember this is fully installed by k-tec so thats why its costing that little bit more :p

My car has ITB's and 428 cams with decat and standard exhaust and mine ran 218bhp :)

Mk2 172
ok im praying i make 220 now.....

Youll be pushing it. Depends on dyno. Mine only made 200bhp on a dyno that GDI use in cheltenham but having said that a standard 182 only makes 160 on there so ive gained a good 40 bhp.

That only tells half the story tho as the standard cars power band is very very short. You get the big kick at 5k but starts tailing off anything over 6-6500 where as mine makes 218 bhp at 7690 :)

vtr, 172, s1 rallye
be good to see it on the rollers on sunday kevin :p

Longer trumpets deffo the better option imo purely for the midrange gains. Hope you enjoy it. I want bodies on my '2' as i miss them when not driving the vtr

vtr, 172, s1 rallye
haha, erm not alot tbh a little bit of revision thats about it init yo :p

would be interesting to see le GT

4k .. isnt theire an itb'd clio on here for sale at that price? may have been a better option?

either way enjoy mate :)

Clio Sport 172 ITB
yeah there is that i dont know the history on. i only buy standard cars... i prefer to do all the modding myself :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I'm sure k-tec will make a good job! David and Sean are both Very good! K-tec have lead the way in Clio tuning since i was a pup! Wish they'd sort some vee stuff! eh eh! ;)

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
they are pretty straight forward :)

V6
twin cam control
twin lambda control
TPS based

will be loud without engine covers or bulkhead seperator

williams and trophy
I'm sure k-tec will make a good job! David and Sean are both Very good! K-tec have lead the way in Clio tuning since i was a pup! Wish they'd sort some vee stuff! eh eh! ;)

who????

iv been battering k tecs builds for years....and so have many others.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
they are pretty straight forward :)

V6
twin cam control
twin lambda control
TPS based

will be loud without engine covers or bulkhead seperator

I didn't know you did a kit? How much?

who????

iv been battering k tecs builds for years....and so have many others.

Always had god service, there attention to detail is great! They run a tight ship too...

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
RSTuning23-12-081.jpg

On RStunings Rollers, pauls car standard (before the supercharger) made 158bhp on them. So we are seeing + 40bhp gains, we are only on 420 cams aswell.
4K is steep though, payed lees than half that :p doing the work yourself in the garage FTW!

ITB'd MK1
Really? Why isn't it a favourable option then? Any limitations to the ecu?

the 600 is quite capable of anything a 172/182 needs to run. 710 would be necessary for anything with more than 4 cylinders or with fully sequential ignition. For example the 197 runs coil on plug/sequential ignition and constantly variable inlet timing, so the higher spec ECU is needed. The function list is huge, and will run an engine upto 12 cylinders. a 710 was fitted to one of the TVRs in britcar this year. Anything has limitations, but you'll struggle to find them

http://www.omextechnology.co.uk/Ecus/710/omem710.htm

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
Is the Omex capable? Thought it wasn't mad enough for the job! Hence the motec.

yes its more than capable of the job...

a few examples

lots of BMW straight 6, V8 and V12.
Mercedes V12,
Jag straight 6, V6, V8,V12.
Old Triumph and Austin Healey Straight 6,
LS2, LS6 in Marcos TSO (oem),
Cosworth DFV
Porsche flat 6 aircooled and water cooled
Rover V8
Ferrari 348 with SC and Nos