ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio going for ITB's tomorrow

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
RSTuning23-12-081.jpg

On RStunings Rollers, pauls car standard (before the supercharger) made 158bhp on them. So we are seeing + 40bhp gains, we are only on 420 cams aswell.
4K is steep though, payed lees than half that :p doing the work yourself in the garage FTW!

You did get quite alot of help as well.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Why on earth would we do that... of course not

Huge list or approved dealers..

Omex do of course do their own mapping on development projects etc...

Sorry! My bad! I didn't Realise OMEX had a network of mappers! DO OMEX charge a premium if you get them to do it?

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
not at all, the closer you get to London the more expensive it gets.... usually

Mapping prices can vary from £250-£1000 depending on the type and amount of time the job takes and its level of complexity, 7D mapping on some cars with variable cam timing and valve lift etc will obviously take longer.

M

mini-valver

Most people who "map" cars will be able to work with an OMEX. Approved dealers and the like can still be rubbish, just like car dealerships.

I'd still only use places like RStuning, Torque of the devil, chipwizards etc that are well know and proven with aftermarket software.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
Totally correct Dave, there are no APPROVED dealers, we have dealers that sell the ECU's etc, they have the option to come to Omex training but its not required to be a dealer.

some of them "Map"

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Yeh! Suppose! I got 0BHP gains from my remap...But a much smoother curve! Still pee'd off tho! lol

M

mini-valver

Peak gains Alistair, look at the mid range in comparison. You may have gained 5bhp at 3k RPM, which is important. 3bhp at 8k RPM......Not so much.

clio 200 F4Rt
Mech Repairs in Cheltenham (i think it was) mapped my old Saxo when it was on bodies and Omex, did a good job too!

Andy obviosuly mapped my old Time Attack Clio.... and that was spot on! The boy has skills!!

williams and trophy
????

is the kit supplied with a generic map then??

as u know mate, all engines vary slightly, so would need slight differences in map

ITB'd MK1
there's NO extra charge for the map that's supplied. There's several maps for the slight different engines (ph1/ph2 etc) developed over nearly 2 years. Anyone is free to request custom mapping, for an additional charge, but the gains would be very minimal, if anything.

williams and trophy
That applies to ALL generic maps though, not just a ITB kit.

i know that.

hence the std maps catering for the whole range will show gains wen played with. some more than others. and im not just on about raising the limiter either lol.

Clio Sport 172 ITB
MMMMMMM bodies
IMG_0081.jpg

hi hi ECU
IMG_0083.jpg

MMMMMMM more bodies
IMG_0085.jpg

on the rollers :D
IMG_1001.jpg

all in and running sweet as a nut! many thanks to andy from GDI and sean/paul from K-Tec racing for the help and sticking with the car! i know we had a few niggles but we got there :) just running shy of 180bhp ATW

Clio Sport 172 ITB
the reason i went for ITB's is because IMO its one hell of alot more usable on track without having to look at a LSD. also u cant beat the sound! there is alot more headroom for improvement with more wild cams and also going high comp (which i will be doing in about a years time)