ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio going for ITB's tomorrow

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
sounds sweet mate, how do you find it starting in the cold mornings? I hear they're not too great?

206 GTI 180 & 106 GTI
You want to get a decent filter on there and get rid of the socks as they lose power. Should have mapped without the socks on to be honest then fitted an ITG filter.

Nick

206 GTI 180 & 106 GTI
They may be reducing power quite a bit - i would suggest getting the ITG or pipercross bar filter on there, bet it feels better with that :)

Nick

Clio Sport 172 ITB
thing is it is also my daily drive and my dad goes to work with me in it :p its nice in the summer lol!

M

mini-valver

Thats a decent figure and all but its a messy install. Maybe I'm being picky but the grill cut out is shocking, white cable ties over black pipes etc.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Thats a decent figure and all but its a messy install. Maybe I'm being picky but the grill cut out is shocking, white cable ties over black pipes etc.

exactly what i thought! my DIY fit looks better than that :p

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
filter socks loose about 3bhp, and a little sharpness... but far better than a stone down the intake...

I believe Kevins grill mods are a work in progress.

Mk2 172
sounds sweet mate, how do you find it starting in the cold mornings? I hear they're not too great?

Depends whos fitted and set them up. GDI did mine and its fine. Sometimes a little bit of throttle but only cos it has no idle control. Otherwise its spot on :)

You are always going to struggle with initial start with ITB's or any inlet/throttle design which does not feature a method of delivering additional airmass.

Bit of throttle should see it fire up fine though.

Cheers
M