ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Sport on OZ F1's!

Mk5 Golf Gti
Hi guys,

My current alloys (just the standard 182 alloys) are in need of a refurb and a respray which will set me back at least £60-80 a wheel! Thinking behind it is buy some new alloys from someone on here, the internet etc that have tyres on too! They won't cost much more than getting the refurb done... & then ill have some spares if need be!

Can anyone show me what their Clio looks like on OZ F1's?

Also give me their opinion on buying some new alloys compared to just getting a refurb?

Thanks,

Joe

Hundred of photos on the forum mate. Just have a search.

In regard to getting a respray vs a refurb. That depends on what wheels you want and like. Then what wheels might be more purposeful for what you have planned for the car.

Mk5 Golf Gti
Hundred of photos on the forum mate. Just have a search.

In regard to getting a respray vs a refurb. That depends on what wheels you want and like. Then what wheels might be more purposeful for what you have planned for the car.

Okay mate I will have a search about!

Well I'm not the BIGGEST fan of the standard 182 alloys, It's mainly for cosmetic reasons!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
£60-80 a wheel !?

Normally powdercoating refurbishment is ~£50 a wheel.

Best time to do them IMO is when you need new tyres as they'll normally put them on for you included in the price ;)

Mk5 Golf Gti
£60-80 a wheel !?

Normally powdercoating refurbishment is ~£50 a wheel.

Best time to do them IMO is when you need new tyres as they'll normally put them on for you included in the price ;)

Yeah there is a guy near me who is outstanding, and will charge about 60-80 a wheel!

I have just put new tyres on the 182 alloys :p

I've you've just put new tyres on. Then probably best to make use of them and keep the same wheels. Or at least the same sized wheels. Rather than going for 15" F1s etc. I think F1s do also come in 16" but are probably quite rare.

I don't personally like the standard 182 wheels. They are very heavy. I have 15" F1s on mine, which are ideal for track use.

Clio 172
2amymahe.jpg

Heres a pic of mine with antracite ozf1

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
IMG_0426_zps469e80f9.jpg

I like the F1's. Mine were black before orange, but they look better in a lighter colour IMO as the black tyres sets them off and you can see the spokes, before it looked like I just had dished wheels from a distance.