ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio v6 vs integra vs 350z vs 111r vs rx-8 vs evo

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thecremeegg

Yea the CSL shows its class tbh.....i also think that some drivers were more skilled than others cos the elise shud possibly have done better

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol the renault "supercar" gets spanked by some pretty normal road cars lol...

even the 350 which has a crap engine beat it lol.

LOL all of them drivers are japanese JGTC drivers... they have bags of tallent lol, best motoring uses propper drivers for car tests not people who are just journalists who think they can drive lol

172, Tiguan

LOL all of them drivers are japanese JGTC drivers... they have bags of tallent lol, best motoring uses propper drivers for car tests not people who are just journalists who think they can drive lol

Er it gets beaten by better roadcars.... its 45bhp down on the 350, of course it'd get beaten.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
350 is heavier though lol...

just making a point 90% of people on here seem to think the v6 is a supercar... its against roadcars... so if it is such a supercar surely it would of won??

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
i thought the csl was a paddle shift gearbox :S

would have been nice to see the evo against the csl on level starting positions.

Bumblebee
The csl is always going to win. The nismo version is also 20bhp up on the standard 350Z. i think the clio v6 does well for what it is.

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197

Yeah because an M3 CSL, an EVO 7 FQ MR and a 350 Z Nismo GT are all normal road cars...and the 350Z GT does not have a crap engine either...why did it come third then?

Noones in any doubt that they all have a superior advantage over the V6.

The V6 came 5th which is very respectable being amongst this class of car...

Wonder how the 172/182 would have feared...:quiet: Lets not go there.:nono:

8th I think...:rasp:

Great Video. Was watching the feet action more than the main screen for most of that!

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
just making a point 90% of people on here seem to think the v6 is a supercar... its against roadcars... so if it is such a supercar surely it would of won??

:lolup:

I don't think anyone here believes the V6 to be a supercar. It isn't.

The guy that you are clearly quoting out of context was Tiff Needel I believe who was saying that the V6 has supercar looks.....bit of a difference.:rolleyes:

Lionel Richie
V6 is a supercar, just a slow one (sort of)

above 90mph the only thing that has completly ruined me was a Gallardo

evos, scoobs, 911's, boxsters, V6 destroys them above 90

Lionel Richie
smoother, "heal and toe" is what you refer to

keeps the car stable under braking/downshifting, much more mechanically sympathetic to the trans too

notice the left foot braking too

DO NOT attempt these manouvers on the road, you'll c**k it up, takes ages to master

Elise/VX220/R26
hmm just looks staged to me, all the cars are in the same shot for 99% of it if that was a real race there would have been bigger gaps built up? great bit of VT as they say in the trade but is it really an objective look at the cars?

hmm just looks staged to me, all the cars are in the same shot for 99% of it if that was a real race there would have been bigger gaps built up? great bit of VT as they say in the trade but is it really an objective look at the cars?

I know what you mean. But the CSL did pretty much f**k off into the distance straight away: seem's about right to me!

Good comparison of cornering speeds at least

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I thought that too when I saw the Evo rip the V6 a new one...your 1.2 was faster round a track Fred.

Not heard of confidence braking before? No one or book has ever mentioned it before? I guess a quick light stab just lets you know there's pressure there without impacting acceleration noticably?

A red missile

Were you born a prick or do you have to get up early in the morning and practice?

SLK 350
Did the bloke say the integra was the only fwd car, what's the 111r? rwd?

Like all Elise, they're RWD. In fact I dont think Lotus have ever manufactured an FF car.

Fred, what makes the V6 apparently so quick over 90mph? Never been in one, but seems weird an STI/Evo wouldn't kill one at any speed.

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
Cool video. Love those Jap videos are so funny. Will defiantly try that windscreen wiper attack next time im battling something, who needs performance mods when you can just use that. lol. As for freds comments about the v6 conquering all above 90 are you sure they didnt just stop trying? The v6 isn't fast enough to slay half the cars on your list. Specially the 911's or any proper scoobs or evo's.

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
get a nova in there with a 17yr old new driver [boy racer] he will win them all ahahahaha

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

Were you born a prick or do you have to get up early in the morning and practice?

oh im sorry clearly your perfect and me insulting the mighty clio v6 was a huuuuuuuuge mistake...

the engine on the 350 isnt that great, they dont handle big power well, i love the car but the engine is the weak part (along with the s**t french wireing renault provide for it) i know a few people with 350's and know 2 that are on their second engine lol... look at the propper big power 350's in japan MOST have the rb26dett conversion or the sr20det(i dont know why they would bother if the rb fits so easy but there are a few) stuck in it...

i have seen 182's and cups PISS on v6's on track lol, i was in Markcup's 172 cup when he handed a mrk2 v6 its arse on a plate lol, but then i must be wrong as the v6 is the bestest bestest bestest car ever lol.

BMW M3
Nice vid.... although i dont think the 350z is standard. As i posted a week ago, i beat one from 20-100 having gained a car length.

Nice bit of heal and toeing. I have been practicing that for a while and still cant do it safely.... think ill give up lol. Still downchange by blipping the throttle but cant brake and clutch and do it at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.