ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio v6 vs integra vs 350z vs 111r vs rx-8 vs evo

Status
Not open for further replies.
  182BG
great vid, really wish i could drive as well as those japs!

anyone else find it funny how the commentator says the word Renault???

406 passion wagon..
Seems the Evo did quicker in the pre-pole time attacks hench starting at the back...

Elise was rapid in the corners... Wiper attack was quality!

Nice bit of heal and toeing. I have been practicing that for a while and still cant do it safely.... think ill give up lol. Still downchange by blipping the throttle but cant brake and clutch and do it at the same time.

Me neither. I really want to learn to heel and toe but I can't do it reliably enough for it to be sensible on the road. I also tried to left foot brake once (just on a straight btw - not a bend! :nono: ) Lets just say I hav'nt got very much feel in that foot..... lol

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
wicked vid and a great line up of cars. Id have any of them
The rx8 was the prodrive version too i think.
Love the windscreen washer attack.
It just shows how great the lotus is and the 255 isnt the lemon people think.
Dont the clio v6 and the 350z share bottom ends?

MKIII 138
anyone on here actually know about cars lol the M3 CSL runs semi slick tyres only suitable for dry weather there is a warning from BMW against using them in the wet. its bound to win the biggest factor in any car race/battle is tyres.
the exige would be up there as it runs semi slicks but elise is normal road tyres. the rest are on road tyres.
however the CSL is some mighty piece of kit you can hear it above all the others

SLK 350
I really want to learn to heel and toe but I can't do it reliably enough for it to be sensible on the road. I also tried to left foot brake once (just on a straight btw - not a bend! :nono: ) Lets just say I hav'nt got very much feel in that foot..... lol

Aye same mate, I about put my head through window screen, with what i thought was a light dabbing...turned out more like an emergency stop.

Leon Cupra 300
heel and toein, piece of piss... just dont mess about with the left foot stuff on the road. zero feel!

Don't know much about the 350Z.

3.5L V6

300 bhp

Torque 260@4800 (foot/lbs)

276bhp +1550kgs....;)

Also most on the RR dont even meet the 276. I've seen a couple get 250...:eek:

I could be wrong (as my broadband is f**ked up and I can't download the vid) but I have a feeling the 350Z on that clip was the "Nismo" one with uprated suspension, 295bhp, 380nm of torque and 1525kgs :)

Simon

172, Tiguan
All 350z's have 300bhp now. The 276 bhp spec got dropped ages ago.

Let the pub talk continue!

Honda Civic Type R
i've been half a cars length ahead of a v6 255 at upto and over 140mph in my ctr. they're not that fast ffs!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
How does a 255bhp car not loose a 197 bhp in a straight line???
I find it hard to believe its only 2 cars in front

ian

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol

there is no sayign a v6 isnt a nice car, it is if thats what you like, but they arent that fast lol, i have been in a car with mark cup when he owned a v6 round brands, i have seen yozza do it too lol....

i have raced a v6 in my 200 (last night) all the way up to silly speeds and it wasnt keeping up... infact i backed off to let it catch up, i even spoke to the guy after and knew he was trying....

there have been pleanty of people on here before calling the v6 a supercar which in every aspect its far from, its a 1.2 clio shell with a laguna engine in the boot lol.... really special...

there is NO WAY as std 200sx would keep up with a std 255. NO f**king way.....the 200sx was a slow car when new......lol only good if you tune them....

Simon

1994-95 Nissan 200sx
they only have around 155bhp per tonne, less than a 172/182 and 255
0-60 was around 7.5s and 100 in around 21s........top end 146mph

Last edited:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
there is NO WAY as std 200sx would keep up with a std 255. NO f**king way.....the 200sx was a slow car when new......lol only good if you tune them....

Simon

and where did i say my 200 was standard f**k nuts?

oh and the v wasnt standard either, it had exhaust, itg carbon filter and something else i cant remember....

which tbh i havent alot more, i have filter, exhaust, uprated fuel pump, front mount and a bit more boost....

but seeing as the vee is 56bhp up on me to begin with....

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

Simon

1994-95 Nissan 200sx
they only have around 155bhp per tonne, less than a 172/182 and 255
0-60 was around 7.5s and 100 in around 21s........top end 146mph

where are you getting your info from???

standard 0-60 is like 6.1 and the the top end is 165mph!!! s14 and 14a are exactly the same running the same engine the auto is slower and has a lower top end... you have quoted the auto figs....

Clio v6
No idea how this thread moved on to talking about old bangers.

165mph is cool. I remember when my v6 only managed 165. Seems like a lifetime ago now.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

lol j tuner had a 200 sx shootout, standard to heavily modified, ones on a stock gearbox were topping out at 165 on the straight at bruntingthorpe... was published in the mag, and pleanty of people have hit the limiter in 5th which if u work out the ratios will give you something like 167.5 mph...

oh and a standard 200 with racelogic traction and launch did a 5.2 sec 0-60...

as i have said before im more than happy to meet a v6 supercar driver at pod and race you 1/4 mile and then we can see who really is faster lol

Status
Not open for further replies.