ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio v6 vs integra vs 350z vs 111r vs rx-8 vs evo

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
it had exhaust, itg carbon filter and something else i cant remember....

not exactly going to make any much difference

i use autoglym on mine, hence why its so fast

still over 50bhp up on mine stadard so taking in to account mods we are on a level playing field... he wasnt keeping up he even said so, i asked if he was a member on here or the v6 forum he said no, i said it was a shame as people thought the v6 was untouchable lol...

80MPG BEEZA
dont know how this thread trailed off but that was a cool vid! wud like to see k-tecs and yozza's demo cars in the race , weeeeeeeee

Honda Civic Type R
i've been half a cars length ahead of a v6 255 at upto and over 140mph in my ctr. they're not that fast ffs!

Was this after he pulled into a layby to let you catch up.?

:)

my ctr is not standard. i wasn't originally gonna say anything coz lets face it, I can't prove it. but then i kept reading how some people think they're the fastest thing going so I couldn't help myself. but in my experience of coming up against clio v6's, i,ve always got the better of them since my car has been modded. I've got roughly 235-240bhp so if you look at the power to weight figures and consider that my car is probably more aerodynamic at higher speeds then it's not that difficult to believe.

now my car is quick but it isn't mind blowing but still faster than a clio v6. which takes me back to my original point.......they're not that fast ffs!

looks wise though they are a complete beast. i do love the look of em

my ctr is not standard. i wasn't originally gonna say anything coz lets face it, I can't prove it. but then i kept reading how some people think they're the fastest thing going so I couldn't help myself. but in my experience of coming up against clio v6's, i,ve always got the better of them since my car has been modded. I've got roughly 235-240bhp so if you look at the power to weight figures and consider that my car is probably more aerodynamic at higher speeds then it's not that difficult to believe.

now my car is quick but it isn't mind blowing but still faster than a clio v6. which takes me back to my original point.......they're not that fast ffs!

yes there are faster cars out there, no one who owns a v6 255 thinks they have the fastest cars on the roads, it only has 250bhp ffs... ;)

however you said your modded CTR was only half a car length ahead at 140mph, so by that reckoning "they're both not that fast ffs!" ;) :)

Simon

lol j tuner had a 200 sx shootout, standard to heavily modified, ones on a stock gearbox were topping out at 165 on the straight at bruntingthorpe... was published in the mag, and pleanty of people have hit the limiter in 5th which if u work out the ratios will give you something like 167.5 mph...

oh and a standard 200 with racelogic traction and launch did a 5.2 sec 0-60...

as i have said before im more than happy to meet a v6 supercar driver at pod and race you 1/4 mile and then we can see who really is faster lol

that's just hear say, point me to a Nissan specs site that tells me the full specs of an old std 200sx please ;)

btw, NO V6 clio owner has ever called their car a "supercar"?, its ain't possible to buy a NEW supercar for only £25k now is it...doh :)

its just a 153mph+, wide arch, RWD, Mid-engined clio....... :)

Simon

Clio v6

So let me get this right. You have a heavily modded ctr thingy which makes you almost as fast as a bog standard Clio V6. Good stuff.

I pulled almost 2cm on a Diablo in my heavily modded Clio V6. Diablo's are s**t slow cars.

Monaro VXR
what i wanna know is how a standard 200sx which has launch control...so therefore is not standard made a 5.2 0-60. Cause STI's with more power and less weight dont even make that! Id love to see how it honestly made a 5.2 0-60. Cause someones has either read something wrong or typed down something wrong. Or some fucker is lying about what been done to there car. If it was that great nissans high end car would be a 200sx not a skyline.

Every person i know with a 200 needs at least 280bhp to get near that some of them are pushing 300+ to get there. How the feck is a 200bhp 1285kg car gonna make it with launch control....Somehow i doubt launch control knocks 2.5 seconds off the 0-60. And if it does then my 110bhp C4 is doing a 7 seconds 0-60. And by that point of view if i stick launch control on my new car when it gets here i'll be doing a sub 3 second 0 - 60. Bring on the Veyron then! I'll hammer it with my 350+bhp yank barge.

Enough of the c**k comparisons please. There both good cars. But id personally rather sit behind a V6 Clio. Least it looks nice. The 200sx looks nice from the front but the rear...lets be honest most of us have had better looking s***s.

Exige S1 + Honda S1
lets be honest most of us have had better looking s**ts.

lol :D

to add my bit>

Fair enough they arent that fast cars, tbh I could have bought a evo 7/8or similar but they look sh1t and you see 5/6 evos a day.
Same with CTRs, (except you see more like 50/60 a day.)
Same goes for scoobys, 200sx, blah blah blah...

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Honda Civic Type R

yes there are faster cars out there, no one who owns a v6 255 thinks they have the fastest cars on the roads, it only has 250bhp ffs... ;)

however you said your modded CTR was only half a car length ahead at 140mph, so by that reckoning "they're both not that fast ffs!" ;) :)

Simon

you must be the clever one simon. well done for pointing that out. except maybe you didn't read the bit where my i said my car wasn't mind blowingly fast, just quite quick. i never once said it was a really fast car. in fact I said that if I could beat a clio v6 then the clio couldn't be that fast. but well done for pointing out that painstakingly obvious and rather pointless fact. I bet after writing it you smiled to yourself as if you'd got one over on me. you are a special boy:star:

Last edited:
  Honda Civic Type R

So let me get this right. You have a heavily modded ctr thingy which makes you almost as fast as a bog standard Clio V6. Good stuff.

I pulled almost 2cm on a Diablo in my heavily modded Clio V6. Diablo's are s**t slow cars.

not exactly heavily modded, just a few breathing mods and an upgraded ecu with remap. heavily modded would be 300+ i.e a supercharger. many ctr's are running my spec. also, not "almost as fast as a Clio V6". That wouldn't make sense considering I was ahead of it. Therefore faster........

However this is all silly anyway. It seems people on here just like to jump at the chance of some ctr bashing for ctr bashing's sake. you say ctr drivers are pricks but you don't see these sort of stupid arguments on the ctr forums. Everyone just loves to argue and abuse on this forum and also seem to put words into each others mouths. Then again this is a clio forum so fair enough, defend your cars. I personally love the V6. Not many things on the road turn heads like it does, they're rare as rocking horse sh*t, they sound good and go like stink. I'd have one. I think it's fair to say their performance is a bit overestimated by a few on this forum though.

Simon

you must be the clever one simon. well done for pointing that out. except maybe you didn't read the bit where my i said my car wasn't mind blowingly fast, just quite quick. i never once said it was a really fast car. in fact I said that if I could beat a clio v6 then the clio couldn't be that fast. but well done for pointing out that painstakingly obvious and rather pointless fact. I bet after writing it you smiled to yourself as if you'd got one over on me. you are a special boy:star:

Well as you can see from my post I too didn't say the Clio V6 was the fastest car on the road, I have never called my car mind blowingly fast either, Infact I doubt any Clio V6 driver thinks their cars are mind blowingly fast?

std they do 0-60 in 5.8, 100 in 14.8 and 153mph, which is quite fast.....same as your modded CTR, yes?

Now, have a nice christmas......

Simon ....

Honda Civic Type R
i was going from all these 'supercar' comments that i kept reading but looking back on the thread it seems you didn't actually say anything of the sort as you pointed out. i think my ctr can get to 100 in under 14, at least according to my apexi rev/speed meter. i've also had it to 160mph on the clock but that was before i got my apexi computer thingy so who knows how fast i was really going. don't know what it can do a standing quarter in though. anyway merry christmas mate and to everyone else on here.

Have a good one.............:D

Well as you can see from my post I too didn't say the Clio V6 was the fastest car on the road, I have never called my car mind blowingly fast either, Infact I doubt any Clio V6 driver thinks their cars are mind blowingly fast?

std they do 0-60 in 5.8, 100 in 14.8 and 153mph, which is quite fast.....same as your modded CTR, yes?

Now, have a nice christmas......

Simon ....

Actually autocar managed 6.0 to 60 and 15.0 to the ton in the 255 v6.......

yeah well Auto car is s**t......read EVO mag, far better.... lol ;)

not that 0.2s to 60 and 100 makes any difference on the road.....only in the "pub"....lol :)

Simon

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
On my last visit to the ring there was some spud in a 200sx trying to race me in my cup, he is on www.sxoc.co.uk user name superkev11 he ended up in the armco going down the foxholes! that put me off 200s for life! he thought it was the fastest thing in the world .lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
200's or sbodies arnt track cars, the only thing good they do on track is drift... im under no thoughts otherwise...

i know the guy that crashed and tbh sounds like he deserved it lol.

stick a 200 on a straight road and they perform REALLY well, learn to controll them and they will do corners fairly well, but not great but then not many rwd cars do lol...

s body is designed to go sideways thats what they do well lol.

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
200's or sbodies arnt track cars, the only thing good they do on track is drift... im under no thoughts otherwise...

stick a 200 on a straight road and they perform REALLY well, learn to controll them and they will do corners fairly well, but not great but then not many rwd cars do lol...

His 200 was quite quick in a straight line but like you say its a drift car ! not really setup for the ring we did warn him it was only his 6th or 7th lap and BANG exspensive trip for him £2500 worth of damage to the armco! and his car writen off !

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

His 200 was quite quick in a straight line but like you say its a drift car ! not really setup for the ring we did warn him it was only his 6th or 7th lap and BANG exspensive trip for him £2500 worth of damage to the armco! and his car writen off !

car was taken to nissan in germany where they wrote it off, its been brought back to the uk... and he has had it looked at again and is now fighting as all he broke was a lower arm, a dent in the rear quarter and a skuff on the bumper... he had it recovered himself so it hasnt cost the insurance anything, he got the arm for 50 quid through sxoc and the dent is easily fixable... so he is now fighting his insurance...

200's dont like the ring lol loads of them crash

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
things like this make me laugh. tbh the csl was always going to win, its in a different class really.

The V6 isn't a supercar IMO.

And if a stock 200sx can do 0-60 in 6.1 and 165mph i bare my arse in woolworths window.

A silver Honda
Yawn. Change the record...

45.jpg

;)

Great vid!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
that topgear vid....

"build the revs to 4k and drop the clutch" how many v6 drivers have tried that and still have a clutch left... and then he goes on about the amount of traction you have from launch... thats cos its got traction controll!!!

Lionel Richie
that topgear vid....

"build the revs to 4k and drop the clutch" how many v6 drivers have tried that and still have a clutch left... and then he goes on about the amount of traction you have from launch... thats cos its got traction controll!!!

trust me, the 255 V6 100% does NOT have traction control!!!!

and you can drop the clutch ney probs at 4000rpm

Exige S1 + Honda S1
yeap 4k drop is fine if you know how to change gear properly afterwards.

lol v6 230 desnt have traction control either...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
that topgear vid....

trust me, the 255 V6 100% does NOT have traction control!!!!

and you can drop the clutch ney probs at 4000rpm

i went in one at brands one of the renault demo ones the bloke was complaining it did :S oh well

Status
Not open for further replies.