ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Euro Road Trip

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
just has a look on met office for next few days and it's mid 20's clear blue sky. with the scenery we'll be getting it's worth it :D

I'll give dan a call in the morning and see if he can get me in any earlier on the Tuesday for crate of beer. May as well ask ha!

340i
If you are getting the 16:00 ferry you will not be in France until 18:00 ;)

The route you are taking won't involve alot of speed cameras from memory, they are all have prior warnings signs.

There will be 3 / 4 tolls on you're root.

You driving on you're own, Adam?

If you are getting the 16:00 ferry you will not be in France until 18:00 ;)

The route you are taking won't involve alot of speed cameras from memory, they are all have prior warnings signs.

There will be 3 / 4 tolls on you're root.

You driving on you're own, Adam?

I thought they were an hour behind, not ahead? Haha I was only there 2 weeks ago aswell!

And yes driving on my own.

Good about the speed cameras, not going to go stupid mind, but will probably toe down a bit.

Haha Stu, I love mine, such an upgrade from my 172.

My mum has just classed me as mentaly insane when I told her my plan.

Adam (other Adam). Please don't forget to bring my sticker with you, I'll be very upset if I can't put in on my car when I arrive at 2am.

340i
Hahaha that's embarrasing!

1000 miles in a day. This gonna be fuuuuuuun.

It should only be 700 miles from Northampton (including the ferry miles) to Geneva?! lol

I reckon 13hrs with breaks!

Good going if you do that on you're own, make sure you have some decent music ;)

It should only be 700 miles from Northampton (including the ferry miles) to Geneva?! lol

I reckon 13hrs with breaks!

Good going if you do that on you're own, make sure you have some decent music ;)

Ah I thought when you said 700 it was from Calais/Dunkirk. I feel a bit better now. Even though I'm not making myself look very clever ha.

Yer it's on by myself ha, tunepoint is in the car so ipod shoukd keep me entertained (I hope). Few cans of monster and 20 fags will do me I'm sure. 13hrs all in? That sounds ok to me, I say that now, I'll get back and write how horrible it was!

Just google mapped it and see what you mean Gray.

667 miles - 12 hours 15 mins. Factor in stops for fuel and food and you're spot on. Bring it on! What time we getting up on Wednesday Stu? ha.

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Haha Stu, I love mine, such an upgrade from my 172.

My mum has just classed me as mentaly insane when I told her my plan.

Adam (other Adam). Please don't forget to bring my sticker with you, I'll be very upset if I can't put in on my car when I arrive at 2am.

Haha will do :)

Going to make some calls today to see if I can make life a little easier on myself ha. If not then I'm just manning up and doing it.

I've made life easier with massive thanks to Dan at 519 automotive!

Got my interview at 8am then I'm booked in with him on Monday at 10am for a service and new brakes. I'm then going to get a ferry on Monday afternoon, early evening. Where you going to be? If you say Lake Geneva I'm going to scream!

AK

M240i
The amount of planning you guys are doing is MORE than the US did to take over Iraq.

Bloody hell.

Hahaha AK. It's mainly moving things about and managing to squeeze everything in.

I'm sorted now, planning is over.

You hope, keep us updated on where you are mate.

Should be arriving with you at around midnight on Monday.

EFA
smiley2.gif

Oh ye of little faith haha.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Adam, my mate is borrowing my other matress, Sorry.

Got some ball to do the journey by your self Adam, i'd be abit hesitant like, anything could happen. You could get abducted by aliens lol

Adam, my mate is borrowing my other matress, Sorry.

Got some ball to do the journey by your self Adam, i'd be abit hesitant like, anything could happen. You could get abducted by aliens lol

It's not too bad, it's only 3 and half hours from Dunkirk to where I'm meeting you. It'll be fine ha. Just changed my ferry time, 6pm ferry from Dover, gets in at 9pm French time, then will be with you 12pm ish. Think I might just sleep in the car instead of setting a tent up at that time!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
You've been to France before haven't you so it's not too bad. I've haven't drove before in a foreign country so i'll be nervous. You've done well though

It's not too bad, it's only 3 and half hours from Dunkirk to where I'm meeting you. It'll be fine ha. Just changed my ferry time, 6pm ferry from Dover, gets in at 9pm French time, then will be with you 12pm ish. Think I might just sleep in the car instead of setting a tent up at that time!
I'll have a beer ready for you lol.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
do you think we will be ok on food/drink, like local shops/supermarket near the camp site?

also washing facilities at the camp site?

I haven't driven in France no. I was a passenger. Drove in Costa Rica last year which is driving on the right hand side so have done it before, you pick it up really easily!

And Stu, that's just what I'll need. You'll all be asleep by then though I'm sure haha.

Adam, I've emailed you. Let me know if you need anything else.

Oh, and i forgot to put on the email, "when you reach Châlons-en-Champagne. From the town follow the Camping Signs."