ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EVO & Practical Performance Car mags

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Evo this month has various Renaultsport cars in it. They just love Clio RS's and Megane R26R's in that magazine. Every month they mention at least one of them. In the hot hatch buyers guide the Clio RS200 cup comes out top every month. There is a back to back test between a Ph2 172Cup and the new 200 Cup Clio, a back to back test between a Twingo 133 Cup and a Peugeot 106 Rallye. Another article is about the long term Clio V6 that one of the staff took on a track day and spun 5 times. Its hilarious reading. One of his quotes was "It was my first chance to drive my Clio V6 on track. I'm still feeling dizzy four weeks later!"(Nick Trott.)
There are always comparisons being made between the various Renault Sport cars and some very expensive super cars and the Renaults always come out at the top or thereabouts.

Practical Performance Car mag this month has a buyers guide to the Clio 182. They have used a very nice '05 RS182 Clio for the article.Its mostly accurate and good reading for someone who might not know anythiong about the RS Clios.

PPC and EVO are both brilliant magazines. I subscribe to both of them. They are both worth buying this month for the amount of Renault related articles.

2 girls, 172 cup
I take it's not the evo with the convertable supercar test?

Two great mags those two, I like performance car too, but I can't seem to find it of late. Has it been stopped?

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Err no I dont work for the mags. Wish I did though. Practical Performance mag is edited by Will Holman,he was editor for Practical Classics magazine a while back. The magazine is published by Blockhead media. www.ppcmag.co.uk for the mag website and forums.
Latest EVO is issue 144, Road Racers on test including the R26R long term test car.Its just gone on sale. I got it last week before it went on sale. Anyone subscribing gets collectors edition,has different cover to one in shops.

Iceberg 172
Lol. I was only kidding! It sounded like you was promoting the mag!

In all seriousness, both are quality mags.

BG Clio 182
I usually get the redline mag, last one they had Ktecs 182 and were testing it with standard seats, then with buckets seats. 1 second faster.