ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust probs :-(

Clio sport 182
Hi haven't been on for a while as been going through the mill just to top it off last night my exhaust was making a horrendous noise. I limped to my local garage and the down pipe has sheared off the cat. They have not been able to get the part as Renault have said the downpipe and manifold are one piece that it's 500quid and they've none in stock :-(. My pal said they think it's separate pieces can anyone confirm this so I know what I'm trying to buy as I'm useless lol

It's an 05 sport 182

Thanks in advance

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
The Downpipe/manifold are one piece and separate to the cat, it's probably just the foil joint in between thats gone...

Clio sport 182
It's been suggested that this is a fault due to the engine mounts wearing? is this the case as when it's replaced don't want it it happen again ta ;-)

2005 Clio 182 FF
It's been suggested that this is a fault due to the engine mounts wearing? is this the case as when it's replaced don't want it it happen again ta ;-)

It could be corrosion or mounts or maybe it got a bang off a bump or kerb? Hard to say, If your getting a knock when you drop a gear Id say the mounts are shot.

I think the exhaust manifold is 1 piece up to the cat?

Clio sport 182
Thanks have it back the guy had welded it for me so don't need to worry about changing the downpipe for a while :) he checked the engine mounts all good. I might have hit a kerb lol