ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fairy Liquid for cleaning the car!

BMW 118D Msport.
I'm just posting this to prove a point to my dad.

Who on here would use fairy liquid to clean their car?
ITS AGAINST NATURE!!!

Cheers, Doug.

alien green rs133
fairy liquid

cant say i have never used it tbh.

it does clean well.... but i been informed its bad :(

but i still use a sponge :D

Clio 182 with cup kits
No, No .no no no no no. think you get the point. It's hazardous to the paintwork. It's acidic and eats it's way in gradually. Obviously not if you used it just once but using it for the wheels is just fine but then there are other better products for that too.

Clio 172
I'd use it to degrease/desilcone a car that was going in for paintwork maybe but NO WAY would i use it for anything else.

120d M Sport
I must admit I'm an avid user of fairy liquid solution, seems to bring out a radiant shine !

Last edited:
  M2 Competition
Ive used it on runarounds and the van before, does a good job if a cars proper filthy.

(I also own proper shampoo and the other detailing bits)

FPOS Productions™ 172 FR
used in very, very small amounts over the winter period to remove salt build up..

other than that,. NOooooooooo

ibiza cupra
Its alkaline actually and it doesnt eat the paintwork lol!

Also since when was fairy liquid abrasive LOL
all washing up liquids are abrasive. they have tiny strains of salt in them that help keep you dishes clean. but i dont use it as im posh and have a dish washer.

But do you put your pots and pans in the dishwasher? No, because they a; don't fit and b; will get damaged by the high temps.

I am considerably posher than youw;

loadsamoney.jpg

But do you put your pots and pans in the dishwasher? No, because they a; don't fit and b; will get damaged by the high temps.

I am considerably posher than youw;

loadsamoney.jpg

I do my pots and pans in the dishwasher because (a) they do fit and (b) they dont get damaged by the high temps being completely metal

Clio V6 and Ford Mondeo
There is a reason you buy it from supermarkets and not halfords or car detailing web sites!!!

Good job on my frying pan though !!