ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO: fred or edde, brake load sensing valve

Focus ST170
Fred or Edde,

As you guys are the best people to ask.. when my 172cup had its mot last time the m.o.t place fitted a load sensing arm to the rear brakes rather than fail it.(not a great m.o.t place tbh) I noticed this improved the braking considerably on the 172, after it was noticed it was removed by renault. my question is.. Is there any reason why the load sensing arm cannot be fitted permanently to improve the braking of the 172cup?? or would this cause any problems for the car?

Just curious really

Thanks in advance

John

Focus ST170
Ahhhh ok Chris mate thanks for the heads up! oh well hope edde replies was just wondering really it did seem to make quite a dramatic diff when it was fitted...

Cheers

J

Focus ST170
Well thats what i thought as there's no abs to mess about with so... ahh Who knows? was thinking how to get more braking force on the cheap!! HAHA ;)

don't use one it shoulnd't be there.

there was an mot note about cups not having them as they shouldn't and there no need for extra braking at the back it only leads to loosing the back end on bends.

LY 182
load sensing valve is only there as a way of biasing the rear brakes without renault producing another part, its pre set with low rear effort intentionally as the rear ends so light.

im having nightmares biasing mine atm its setup 300kg effort on the front and 100 rear, and the rear locks up before the fronts, which is scary to say the least especially at speed

Even with the arm missing I've locked my rears on track days. Last time I spun and hit the barriers due to it. So you definitely don't want it on there!

I'm going to try and reduce the effort even more!