ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French Boost Project

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Got the intercooler mounted tonight;

9BA8BC00-F4CE-4593-9625-019964221936_zpszvkbr7ob.jpg

135C862A-3A6F-412B-A8FB-DB1A2E93D0A8_zps98rozt1t.jpg

7485F778-2812-46A0-9CEC-61C2975114E9_zpszlaqf7yf.jpg

Filled the oil with Fuchs Titan supersyn 5-40w and then got all the pipes fitted.

Here's a couple of before and afters to show how it was when I got it and how it is now;

Before;

AC1B0FF8-51F0-4EA9-8CAC-ADAC57DE9810_zpsswatpqcv.jpg

After;

00F1376F-DE7B-42EB-9C36-259ACD0B5904_zpsn3rdyj5d.jpg

Front bumper is gonna need some trimming before it goes back on...,.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good but I wouldn't have wasted my money on the fmic unless you have bigger plans.
Are you planning to run a touch more boost or something?
Also, whilst it's apart have you considered repositioning the filter?

Last edited:
Blimey, you don't about it!! :cool: it's going to look smart one it's fully de chavved (morrette's and all lol)

What happened to the black wheels you showed it with when you were thinking about buying it? Did the dude keep those?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Blimey, you don't about it!! :cool: it's going to look smart one it's fully de chavved (morrette's and all lol)

What happened to the black wheels you showed it with when you were thinking about buying it? Did the dude keep those?

It was a dudet! Yeah, she kept them - said she was sentimently attached to them and then sold them the following week.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Getting close.

When you do sell a car and get another one, do you just switch your insurance over? I'm only 22 and only had 2 cars, coming up to my third now, but I've always just waited for my insurance to expire before insuring the next. However I'm looking to get an MX5 to put me on til I find a decent Inferno 182.

This looks so much better on the new wheels and think it'll sit well with the rear raised slightly. Good work!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
When you do sell a car and get another one, do you just switch your insurance over? I'm only 22 and only had 2 cars, coming up to my third now, but I've always just waited for my insurance to expire before insuring the next. However I'm looking to get an MX5 to put me on til I find a decent Inferno 182.

This looks so much better on the new wheels and think it'll sit well with the rear raised slightly. Good work!

Yeah, just a phone call. I think this cost me a £15 admin fee which takes the piss but that's it.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I'd have used a cooler with the exits on the same side but other than that it looks good. Needs new fogs though.

I wouldn't bother upping the boost on the GT17, it'll already be way out of its efficiency cycle. Get a used GT25 on it.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
No no no, that's an old pic from the previous owner. I just used it to illustrate the lights as they're the same ones that are going back on.
I was going to say you need your head testing haha!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
As mentioned, can you not remove the fogs and relocate that filter? But then I'm guessing with the super cooler it isn't going to make a huge difference to the inlet temps..

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Looks a tidy install, nice one! Could you turn the filter so it goes in front of the battery or behind the headlight and get air to it with a CAF?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
There's no space really to do that although that's what cituning do but I don't know how they do it. I'll see how it goes.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Looking great, but isn't the intercooler a little bit oversized for that application?! That wouldn't look out of place on an 800hp Supra!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Looking great, but isn't the intercooler a little bit oversized for that application?! That wouldn't look out of place on an 800hp Supra!

Yeah! I bought it from a guy in hudds and measured up must've miscalculated. To be fair, I thought it was an alright price at £59.

It's future proofed for when I'm running a fully forged 400bhp number.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah! I bought it from a guy in hudds and measured up must've miscalculated. To be fair, I thought it was an alright price at £59.
It's future proofed for when I'm running a fully forged 400bhp number.

I do think it will be considerably more laggy. You have longer pipework and a intercooler twice the size. That coupled with a turbo which exhales about the same volume as a sparrow.
Just means one thing, you've got to go back to the R5 dayz..lol

Bleed~valve~2.JPG

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
The bleed valve of death! I remember seeing them on loads of R5s back in the day... Why oh why?!