ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GDI Engine Build For YozzaSport

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by SOHROB on 26 August 2005
roughly how much did it cost to build this engine ?

a lot is the answer!!!! this is our top spec track engine (using the wildest cams available for the stdandrad valves + lifters)

we can supply upto 8 wilder cams, but solid lifters are required on all of them = +£££££

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

..whats the torque figure? sounds v.loud on the move in those phone clips, got any better vids? roamer style but without any music :oops:

28% on top of the ATW figure???

Well if thats gospel our turbo has just become 319 BHP at the fly, better change our literature.

I have never seen any loses above 35 BHP on FWD worst case, but most are between 20 - 30. This is all getting out of hand.

A standard 172 is always around 146 ATW, which makes it around 186 BHP (NO) Our 182 has proven no lower than 156 and usually 158 - 159 ATWs, on the worst case then its 199 BHP, (No its not) These figures has come from over 7 different venues, so im quite confident in them.

Bottom line is an ATW figure is NOT a percentage.

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

28% is the figure that the operators of Mass rolling roads use.

They have that figure as they also run a dyno on site. Over many years of running cars on dyno and then on their RR and getting losses of 28% (varying with baro) they have every right to use this figure.

Nobody is suggesting you use 28% for any other RR setup, just this one.

If you like, take your nice green car over and run it there ? Talk to the guys (who do dyno and RR for Cosworth) and see for yourself.

Bye.

why are BB tuning trying to belittle the results? look guys, your turbo conversions may be hideously overpriced and under perform down the 1/4 mile, but there isnt really any reason to start your bull sh*t on here. Its amazing that when GDI and Angel Works create anything good you get a load of dick heads coming on trying to talk it down and make sure they get their company name on the thread. start your own threads, then we can talk about 50 reasons why to goto GDI and not go to BB... lets start with price... "right, so that was £10000 for the kit and £5000 for the fitting?" ... "yes thats right, but I suggest you get out TLC pack, as when this mofo breaks, its really gonna cost ya!" http://www.cliosport.net/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

So, when we use this dyno, we just add 28%. Anywhere else and its actually calculated properly. Is that what you are saying?

I think Its about time people put a search in Google and found out how the dyno calculations actually work.....

"Horse power = Peak Torque X RPM (the peak was reached) / 5252 = BHP ATW"

Ie, Our turbo 172

"276 lbft Peak Torque X 4750RPM / 5252 = 249BHP ATW" A figure that has been recorded on many an occasion.

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 26 August 2005

why are BB tuning trying to belittle the results? look guys, your turbo conversions may be hideously overpriced and under perform down the 1/4 mile, but there isnt really any reason to start your bull sh*t on here. Its amazing that when GDI and Angel Works create anything good you get a load of dick heads coming on trying to talk it down and make sure they get their company name on the thread. start your own threads, then we can talk about 50 reasons why to goto GDI and not go to BB... lets start with price... "right, so that was £10000 for the kit and £5000 for the fitting?" ... "yes thats right, but I suggest you get out TLC pack, as when this mofo breaks, its really gonna cost ya!" http://www.cliosport.net/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

I didnt think Ben had a hand in this build ? :confused:

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

Why would you add 28% to the dyno figure ?

What I am saying is if you RR the car. Then add 28% to that figure for ATF.

Now, extract your engine and pop it on the dyno. The figure you get from there will be near as damn it the RR + 28%

249bhp ATW on your BBT turbo and it only gets 13.2 SQMs? at FCS you also claimed 300+bhp on a black valver turbo... so id take any figures you guys get with a pinch of salt. Anyway, this thread is not about your turbo, sling yer hook.

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 26 August 2005

He didnt, but they seem to attack his work too.

And i read on here before about constructive comments???

And the 1/4 mile time has any relevance??

Interesting about the prices

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 26 August 2005

just mean in general mate, all the haters came out when Ben built Mehdis engine... as usual. to read it just looks like childish jealous envy. BB Tuning are only here commenting as they are threatened... if people want lexus lights they goto BB and K-Tec, if they want a fast car they see Ben or Andy. Simple :D

Quote: Originally posted by BBPT on 26 August 2005

And i read on here before about constructive comments??? - your not being constructive, your trying to diss a rival and in the process look good by posting some of your optimistic results... youd have to be retarded not to see it...

And the 1/4 mile time has any relevance?? - because your cars under perform and the cost to build is laughable.

Interesting about the prices

Think some people are coming down a bit hard on BBTuning here, I dont think he was trying to offend anyones work or doubt it either...

besides, what he stated about the losses figure being too high only works in GDIs favour anyway... Dyno figures ATFW have been proved, so any decrease in % lossage increases ATW figures anyway.

i disagree, I think they know full well what they are doing, its not very professional either way is it? what makes it more blindingly obvious is its anexcuse to post up their turbo figures...

I think its all time we meet up and discuss these issues like adults.

we are well up for it, we can cover power figures and anything you guys want to discuss.

Everyone is welcome, whos up for it.

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

I thought there was a big Tuners Shootout coming up at some point ?

Fred was meant to be organising it.

we are well up for it, we can cover power figures and anything you guys want to discuss.

Sounds like a spot on idea - bring all the big boys together!! Yozza, BBT, clean16vs old motor, k-tec

all in one mass shoot out

Points go to:

Highest BHP

Highest torque

Best QTR mile time

Best lap time

as long as their is a BBQ of someform, free drinks (alcoholic or non) and Ill happily put my beast up against one of your equivalent tuned car... and pan it :D

Well to start with, how about we get everyone together for an informative chat in a pub or similar venue? So we can chew the fat so-to-speak and not talk behind computer screens.....

I am happy to have another rolling road day at Surrey Rolling Road so this arguement can be settled.

This is an independent Rolling Road so has no axe to grind.

As they say "Put Up or Shut Up"......

So please feel free guys to let me know if your up for it?

Lionel Richie

i missed all the fun!!!! *hugs AndyBB*

"gay voice on"

you lot are so nasty, be nice!!!

"gay voice off"

end of the day, we know ours will woop yo ass round the track!!!

BBPT - Tuners Grand Prix @ Donnington, go on, you know you want to!!!!

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

What an animal.

Only Bens rusty fiesta could keep up with that !!!

... see youre rocking the halfords trolley jack and axel stand set too. Gotta love em.

FRST and 106 GTi

I just want to say... WHO CARES ABOUT BHP NUMBERS?? What matters is how quik the car is on road/track!!! Forget BHP and give me times in SECONDS!

0-60mph
0-100mph
1/4mile
etc

You can have a 1000bhp engine BUT if you cant put that power to the ground... leave to rust cause its not worthit.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

yeah, sound better than trying to hijack threads ;)... you guys getting the beers in tho or what? :cool:

Sounds familiar!
I seem to remember the
UNWANTED comments in the bb threads not so long ago. They are still there i think because they didnt have a moderator stuck up our a*se deleting anything what we didnt want to hear!
;)

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

im not siding with anyone here but to say that 13.2 quarter is bad is wrong,no one likes to hear this but its all down to driver,mike smith who used to have the red 5 turbo he clocked low 12s the kid whos got it now cant get anywhere near that

Sorry ive gone completely off topic nice build
[Edited by matty w on 26 August 2005 at 10:01pm]