ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GDI Engine Build For YozzaSport

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER

ive just sort of scanned the last couple of pages, but if you want to know the power figure at the fly run it up on the bench (cell),. or better stick it on the track and see how it drives!

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

LADIES.....

RR are only good for BHP at the wheels......!!!!

If the engine has been on the dyno and got 230BHP than thats what you go with..!

Front wheel drive cars have 17% losses with most types of RRs with 4wd the losses are 26% approx.

For me its the best road enginebuild to date so leave it at that and wait to meet it on the track...!

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

went very well on track today for testing... toasting most things...

we did have a problem with noise levels though so more silencers needed... its got 2 now... and still too loud.

225 in the dyno cell, rr figures with losses etc etc worked out to be 229, so pretty damn close.

I am happy with it..

170 odd ft/lbs at 5000 ish rpm

will print a graph soon...

thanks for all the kind words... oh! i made it all up and guess the figures.... its also got lego con rods.

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 23 August 2005

Donny on Friday mate and then again in a few weeks and then again in October for WC day.

Been taking it quite steady with it so far, want to make sure that it gets shaken down slowly (HONEST MLORD)

Have a feeling that the gearbox that I have put in might be a dog, but apart from that, its very very impressive. My friend let me take it up and down his drive and we think that it does a standing 0-100 in about 12 seconds - thats what he says, i think that that may be a little optimistic. BTW he lives in a lovely country hall with a 2 mile straight drive before anyone gives me a load of grief about speeding.

GDI have done an excellent job, and this will be the first of many builds that they do for us. We have 2 more that we are doing over the next few weeks to various specifications.

Our Clio V6 255 Throttle Body conversion kit is coming on steadily with the final design work going on over the next few weeks. We expect to have the body kit available 2nd week of October.

Clio 182 coilovers are finished - to be fitted on Thursday this week! at last, Bilstein have been working closely with Eibach to get a brilliant spring set up, based around a completely re-worked sportline spring to get some great rear set up that a lot of kits have lacked to date.

/y0z
cool cant wait to see it at donny in october then!

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

Quote: Originally posted by Andy GDI on 26 August 2005

went very well on track today for testing... toasting most things...

we did have a problem with noise levels though so more silencers needed... its got 2 now... and still too loud.

225 in the dyno cell, rr figures with losses etc etc worked out to be 229, so pretty damn close.

I am happy with it..

170 odd ft/lbs at 5000 ish rpm

will print a graph soon...

thanks for all the kind words... oh! i made it all up and guess the figures.... its also got lego con rods.
With stuff like this just keep to the fact and let the ladies do the bickering..

Overlay a standard 172 plot with the Yozza engine just to see the low down performance.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

Dyno shootout day required, someone get it sorted.. I can get one sorted at System R in Warrington if you want.

But you will be in Type R territory:- Gruppe M induction kit, Full TODA manifold and exhaust and K-pro ECU 200 @ the wheels.....! Many cars had the same mods done with repeatable figures.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

Quote: Originally posted by GuyS on 26 August 2005

when the flag drops the bullsh*t stops
Hope that wasnt pointed to the Type R tuning as you would be mistaken but im sure it wasnt.

At the last Type R shoot out the above spec got mailto:199@the">199@the wheels (there were 3 cars with the same spec and all got within 3BHP on the rolloers)and the 182 there got 153@ the wheels. Having been in the car i know there was a big difference. It left my Cup for dead..!

[Edited by EVOgone on 27 August 2005 at 10:19am]

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

Quote: Originally posted by Matt Wills on 26 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by rmccardal on 26 August 2005

Will stealthsport have any cars in attendance ? :)

YES will you be there?

"PUT UP OR SHUT UP"

Ill take my car along if Ben and/or Andy would like me to.

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by EVOgone on 27 August 2005
Quote: Originally posted by GuyS on 26 August 2005 when the flag drops the bullsh*t stops [/QUOTE]Hope that wasnt pointed to the Type R tuning as you would be mistaken but im sure it wasnt. At the last Type R shoot out the above spec got <a href= "mailto:199@the">199@the wheels (there were 3 cars with the same spec and all got within 3BHP on the rolloers)and the 182 there got 153@ the wheels. Having been in the car i know there was a big difference. It left my Cup for dead..!

were they all on PE2s aswell???? ;)

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

awesome figures from those honda engines.... gotta love it.

ross, np with you taking your car for a play about mate.

a.

Quote: Originally posted by EVOgone on 27 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by GuyS on 26 August 2005

when the flag drops the bullsh*t stops
Hope that wasnt pointed to the Type R tuning as you would be mistaken but im sure it wasnt.

At the last Type R shoot out the above spec got mailto:199@the">199@the wheels (there were 3 cars with the same spec and all got within 3BHP on the rolloers)and the 182 there got 153@ the wheels. Having been in the car i know there was a big difference. It left my Cup for dead..!

it was aimed at the people coming on spouting out performance figures.. figures are for pub talk.

Renault Laguna Coupe

The Yozzasport Cup was indeed impressive at Donington last night. I have no difficulty believing the power figures. Such a neat and tidy engine bay too.

But jeezuz it was NOISY! :D

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 27 August 2005
The Yozzasport Cup was indeed impressive at Donington last night. I have no difficulty believing the power figures. Such a neat and tidy engine bay too.But jeezuz it was NOISY! :D

Cheers Mike, you ran off sharpish. Cheers for a good old evening.

We had a good shakedown run at Donnington on Friday night, ironed out one or two little glitches. Temperatures (Oil & Coolant) were stable after a good 7/8 lap thrashing, could not get a flat out lap down as we need to make a few modifications to the exhaust now over the next few weeks, but we had already planned that, to clam down the exhaust bark that is now present with the bodies.

Power is awesome, very deliverable, easy to get down with no HUGE wallop of power that causes the car to spin up. It was running on road tyres and was immensely nimble around the circuit considering the power its now pushing. We will be having a re-think about the system to try and get as much power yet reducing the noise.

Will keep you all updated.

Dyno figures are REALLY hard to argue with folks, I dont want to get into a shin-dig with people, but... we use the dyno used and configured by cosworth... I am happy to come down to a rolling road day if people dont believe the engine dyno figures.

As most people know, it not something that I am shy about, nor with the 1/4 mile, I would just prefer to see the cars compete something other than a saline environment. The car has been mapped now, its not going to change much, the biggest problem we have had is wheelspin on the rollers, I dont know how to change that, maybe some of you who do more of the RR shootouts might advise. The car is cambered up for track, so short of ditching the suspension to prove our engine dyno figures, I am at a loss. LOL.

I am not all that bothered about BHP or Torque to be honest, I want to know how many seconds a lap the extra power will knock off my best times, or how much more drivability it will give me in terms of staying out for longer, and driving it harder...

Cheers for all the turmoil on the thread. LOL

Drive Safely.

/y0z

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

Some very good comments there,to many people are bhp orientated im more bothered how useable the power is and what it goes like,if youd had it back and it was 250bhp but was fighting the power all the time it would have been a pointless excercise

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

rolling roads mean sweet fa, if your car can perform do so on road not on metal rollers, i can show u a renault 5 that produces a max of 200bhp at 1 bar or 226 at 1.5bar on any good roller u put it on, yet it will easily beat any clio all day on track or 1/4mile bearing in mind its allready run a mid 11 at pod this year and is top of its class in hill climbs... only 200bhp though and no n20 either just a crappy 40 yr old push rod engine ;)

just to clarify,

we did the dyno test to map the car as best possible, not only to prove the power, in the same way that the bb tuning guys turn up to the RR days to prove their outputs ut I am sure they map on the rollers or dyno.

/y0z

[Edited by y0z2a on 8/29/2005 1:58:41 AM]

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

If youve got it to hand, then that would be good. Also I dont suppose you know the dimensions for the manifold do you? Namely the diameter of the bodies and the port spacings?

Cheers

Rick

The head port spacings are 89mm apart, and the manifold diameter is 43mm at the entry.

Manifolds are £220 from jenvey, £198 from me.