ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GDI Engine Build For YozzaSport

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 29 August 2005

The head port spacings are 89mm apart, and the manifold diameter is 43mm at the entry.

Manifolds are £220 from jenvey, £198 from me.
Knowledge and pricing deals !!!

Quote: Originally posted by Rick on 29 August 2005
Andy, where do you get your inlet manifolds for the TBs from?

We get our manifolds directly from Jenvey to answer your question.

We do the bodies, ECU & fitting as a package for the UK market rather than as the individual components to make sure that they are fitted correctly and mapped properly.

/y0z

Lionel Richie

ross, Ben is infact wrong, Richard Jenvey works in Imperial measures

port spacing is infact 3.5inches (88.9mm)

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 29 August 2005

ross, Ben is infact wrong, Richard Jenvey works in Imperial measures

Well unless jenvey are making the head now, hes right.

He said "head port spacings" and the french use metric.

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by rmccardal on 29 August 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 29 August 2005ross, Ben is infact wrong, Richard Jenvey works in Imperial measures

[/QUOTE]Well unless jenvey are making the head now, hes right.He said "head port spacings" and the french use metric.

wrong wrong wrong, and WRONG

isnt he Benjamen????

what relevance has this to the pictures of the engine build.

if you want an argument take it to MSN Ross, or just email over your gripes.

/y0z

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 29 August 2005

what relevance has this to the pictures of the engine build.

if you want an argument take it to MSN Ross, or just email over your gripes.

/y0z
yoz, its all in jest...............come watch dungeons and dragons with me.

I know this Ben, but it doesnt stop the thread being bumped pointlessly does it. I am sat here with my suit and chains on... Ill be right round.

/y0z

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

Bumping the thread keeps your name and engine on view mate, you dont want that ?

Im not here to argue (anymore) just letting fred know hes wrong ;)

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by rmccardal on 29 August 2005
Bumping the thread keeps your name and engine on view mate, you dont want that ?Im not here to argue (anymore) just letting fred know hes wrong ;)

i might just drive 100miles tomorrow to spit on your car;)

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

i knew it would not be long before bloody speedos were brought into the thread!!!!

PMSL

Freds always wrong, except when he is right

audi S3

wright im fed up with this as mr clarkson said on top gear and this is true to his words put moth balls in ya tank and it goes a rocket SO THATS WAT IM GONNA DO :p

so BB--GDI--AWT--KTEC--HILL POWER and all the others watch out.

300 BHP FROM MOTH BALLS ALL YOU TUNERS WATCH---LOL---

MOTHBALL_TUNING.COM

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 02 September 2005
no??? but thats what we were planning on doing!!!!!

its on standard monts at the moment = a bit crap

http://www.eroticon6.co.uk/images/mount.jpg

Out top mount just got ripped apart eventually, a better solution seems to be the original top mount but replacing the rubber bush with something a bit stiffer. Even worse though; if you look in the above pic to the left of the top left bolt the welds have started to pull apart and the bit of body where the top engine mount fastens was pulling apart from the chassis.

http://www.eroticon6.co.uk/images/weld.jpg

This is under the wheel arch where the spot welds on the inner wing have all gone.

Also the subframe was cracked in 2 places; basically it had shaken the whole thing apart.

You may be fine though; I really doubt that your car will get as much stress and punishment through it. We should have really seam welded the shell before doing anything really, but we were rushed so didnt bother. Maybe the mounts were just too stiff and needed just a little bit of give in them.

Anyway, fixed all the damage, welded it all up and the car was out last weekend....... where it has probably stripped the splines on the gearbox output shaft

Just a thought, but it would be in BBPTs ineterst to totally agree with the 28% loss figure, as it would surely make their Morego 202 more feasible based on RR figures?

As a side note, I dont entirely agree with the percentage idea entirely, as I dont think for one second that a 700bhp wheel figure means the dyno figure would be 1000bhp (based on 30%)...there must be a point where the realtionship changes between wheel and fly....you dont lose 300bhp in a drivetrain ffs.

Mint car btw guys :D

Ah well fair play dude I dont know enough about it to argue, but I doubt 700bhp at the wheels on an RR means 1000bhp at the fly. I apperciate this is an extereme end of the scale though.